• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL how can it be volumes? That's a ploy to make money and I don't like it. A man can put all the info he can teach in one book. The rest of it is experience.
If he put it all in one, it would be a condensed peice of crap like Hellmuth's book. If you are going to do something right, it takes up quite a bit of pages.
What did he do... tell you how to play the first days of tourney and end the book?
Just go read it and you'll see.Everyone here doesn't say it's the best because we have some plot to prove you wrong.

Have you listened to Hellmuth? He'll push his products at every moment possible. In my opinion, Hellmuth's books were rushed out because he wanted to capitalize as quickly as possible. One book is just stories or something stupid, isn't it? All of them are just trying to make money. However, some of them are making money while putting out a quality product.

LOL how can it be volumes? That's a ploy to make money and I don't like it. A man can put all the info he can teach in one book. The rest of it is experience.
Uh, what?Harrington's book is outdated (it came out at least 18 months after Hellmuth's, and Harrington has had more recent WSOP success) even though you haven't read it.It's ridiculous for it to be in volumes given its potential content that you haven't read?Is "Experience" why Hellmuth has 9 bracelets and his book will kill you at LHE and fails to deliver even vague concepts for big-bet formats where every paragraph says "it depends" but not what it depends on?Or, are you just trolling us? I can't see a better line of reasoning for your statements.

Once I make enough money playing poker, I'm gonna put together my playbook, publish it, and just mess up the poker world.Peeps will be so good, luck won't even be a word anymore.And the book will start off by saying If I wrote a book it would start off... first I need you read Phil's book Poker like the Pros. Let the core of your game be his top ten starting hands.

Once I make enough money playing poker, I'm gonna put together my playbook, publish it, and just mess up the poker world.Peeps will be so good, luck won't even be a word anymore.And the book will start off by saying If I wrote a book it would start off... first I need you read Phil's book Poker like the Pros. Let the core of your game be his top ten starting hands.
Why don't you run that last part by DN and see what he thinks.

I am so insanely upset at RV right now, I just lost AQ to A10 all in but just a short stack, but everytime they move me to another table, I get double blinded.. Meaning if I just went through the blinds, I have to go through it again, each time I get moved.. what's up with that? is EVERY site like that?

I am so insanely upset at RV right now, I just lost AQ to A10 all in but just a short stack, but everytime they move me to another table, I get double blinded.. Meaning if I just went through the blinds, I have to go through it again, each time I get moved.. what's up with that? is EVERY site like that?
That happened to me a lot during the forum challenge too. I never really noticed it a ton on other sites really.
Play Poker Like the Pros - Phil Hellmuthno ifs, ands, or buts about itI am just like you, don't like cash games and mostly play sngs and mttsdespite all the crap people say about it, the book is good, but you have to just humble yourself and try it the way Phil says to, and you'll be good.
'Yea if you like to lose. The only reason Phil is pushing his products so much is because he needs some kind of income. Besides the heads up tourney, when was the last time he had a decent tournament finish. I watch him play on UB all the time and he's usually the biggest fish at the table. The book is only good if it teaches you how to play like the pros and not like Phil Helmuth. I haven't really read it because like I said, Phil's not THAT good at poker.

I've read Phil's book, its okay, but doesn't really tell me much, and it didn't improve my game significantly. Phil also has that crazy expensive Poker Camp to make money.. he is definitely playing with the business side of things..www.camphellmuth.com

I've read Phil's book, its okay, but doesn't really tell me much, and it didn't improve my game significantly. Phil also has that crazy expensive Poker Camp to make money.. he is definitely playing with the business side of things..www.camphellmuth.com
Camp Hell is right.

I hear what you're saying, but he's a business man. He went to college and that's how he is.Were you implying that DN doesn't respect Phil as a poker player Suited, by telling me I was "trying to be annoying"?

I hear what you're saying, but he's a business man. He went to college and that's how he is.Were you implying that DN doesn't respect Phil as a poker player Suited, by telling me I was "trying to be annoying"?
Yeah, he's stated that pretty clearly before. At least not as a Great one. Not anymore at least.

Party for sng's and tournament.....have become to much of a crap shoot, hundreds or thousands of players w/ quick structures and not a lot of starting chips.I also just started playing FullTilt this month, much better structures, not an all in fest, yes some people are a little tougher, however there are just as many fish making horrible plays. I still play both, but I truly think Full Tilt is better.Huskers20.Let me know what you decide.....and why?

Phil Hellmuth won a Poker Tournament?Monday, March 7th, 2005 “ Looks like old Phil just might be back to playing good again... ”Read full poker blog entryHere are some quotes from that blog, use your poker sense to realize DN respects Phil Jr."Phil Hellmuth is a huge part of the poker world and his involvement in an event only helps it's appeal.""Now I rag on Phil all the time- it's not too difficult to come up with a jab at Phil, he's quite a cushy target after all! I have to say though, that I was really excited to see that Phil won. ""While Phil’s behavior at the table is often a little too much for my taste, deep down he is a genuinely good guy that cares for others. "

Where does he talk about his play in there?He said he's a nice guy away from the table, and maybe he's BACK to being good.But only because he won this tourney. Still implies he wasn't good before.

Monster Josh, your either trying to rile people up or your related to Hellmuth as I can't see any other plausible explanation for your stance on this. Marion if you like money don't buy Play Poker Like the Pros, simple as that. Phil's style will have you playing too few hands and pushing the wrong ones. What you want to do is mix the Jen Harman section from SS2 along with the Sklansky/2+2 style of play if you plan on playing LHE, that's my recomendation

Monster Josh, your either trying to rile people up or your related to Hellmuth as I can't see any other plausible explanation for your stance on this. Marion if you like money don't buy Play Poker Like the Pros, simple as that. Phil's style will have you playing too few hands and pushing the wrong ones. What you want to do is mix the Jen Harman section from SS2 along with the Sklansky/2+2 style of play if you plan on playing LHE, that's my recomendation
Ditto. SSHE to be exact on the 2+2 style.