• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Scott...can I get u a chill pill?Don't get so fired up at little shit bro.<3
I'll take a case plz.I know, it was such a little thing but it was also just her attitude....that and sitting there watching all the other turds get seats ahead of me, LOL! Meh.....you should ditch that boat and come to Foxwoods. :club:
I'll take a case plz.I know, it was such a little thing but it was also just her attitude....that and sitting there watching all the other turds get seats ahead of me, LOL! Meh.....you should ditch that boat and come to Foxwoods. :club:
I'd love to, but they gave me a freeroll on the weekend...130k value for fucking free....I can't pass it up.but I gotta do a tv interview that I've been putting off for a week for them...wanna do it for me?
Well, I think if you trust him and you don't think you'll be scammed, give it a try. But make him promise you that he'll study poker and get a CR membership or something. Make him prove to you that he loves poker cuz otherwise it's better to just not stake him and let him find his own path.
The thing is he doesnt love poker. He just wants money. I dunno what it is that makes him good at it tho. I think he is just naturally lucky at games. I'm 100% sure this is a good investment, I dunno if the money I am gonna make is worth having to see him get babied over and over. He can't seem to do anything for himself.Scott you're nuts.
I'd love to, but they gave me a freeroll on the weekend...130k value for fucking free....I can't pass it up.
Oh sh*t! really??? Well then hell yeah, ya gotta do it for sure, didn't know it was a freebie.I'd chat with you on MSN but my pooter is still being overhauled (I'm macin' it at the moment)I am thinking about doing a longish weekend in Vegas, around Dec. 13th thur the 16th or so, Bellagio 5 Diamond time frame. Any interest?
The thing is he doesnt love poker. He just wants money. I dunno what it is that makes him good at it tho. I think he is just naturally lucky at games. I'm 100% sure this is a good investment, I dunno if the money I am gonna make is worth having to see him get babied over and over. He can't seem to do anything for himself.Scott you're nuts.
ummm...yes?....what about my nuts???
ummm...yes?....what about my nuts???
somebody needs to go back to grade school and learn about homonyms
I'd love to, but they gave me a freeroll on the weekend...130k value for fucking free....I can't pass it up.but I gotta do a tv interview that I've been putting off for a week for them...wanna do it for me?
I hate to quote myself here...but....I'm hesitant to do this as I'm not a real fan of attention, and I've been putting them off on doing this interview as they wanna do this at my house ( and I have a nice home, but not anything that is cribs-worthy) and I'm not really a fan of cameras unless I'm making an ass of myself. Nevertheless, the tv company that is producing the 'World Offshore Poker Championship 2' wants me to do an interview at my home (it's supposed to be broadcast nationwide this year) and I need to finalize it with them in a day or two. As far as I know...it wasn't part of the deal for them giving me a freeroll in this year's tourney (which they have given me), but, some have said that I should try to make a deal with an online site (or somebody) to pay moneys for me to wear their logo because it's gonna be 2-3 minutes of me exclusively on the show. The freeroll I have is already $1400 in buyins with 130k in value...would I be wrong in making a deal to wear a logo for the interview?
I hate to quote myself here...but....I'm hesitant to do this as I'm not a real fan of attention, and I've been putting them off on doing this interview as they wanna do this at my house ( and I have a nice home, but not anything that is cribs-worthy) and I'm not really a fan of cameras unless I'm making an ass of myself. Nevertheless, the tv company that is producing the 'World Offshore Poker Championship 2' wants me to do an interview at my home (it's supposed to be broadcast nationwide this year) and I need to finalize it with them in a day or two. As far as I know...it wasn't part of the deal for them giving me a freeroll in this year's tourney (which they have given me), but, some have said that I should try to make a deal with an online site (or somebody) to pay moneys for me to wear their logo because it's gonna be 2-3 minutes of me exclusively on the show. The freeroll I have is already $1400 in buyins with 130k in value...would I be wrong in making a deal to wear a logo for the interview?
Hell no! Make the deal, and get as much free money as you can!!!!Mark
Little RL dilemna.My friend is like 100x the bum I am. He's gotten free rides basically his whole life. His mother has basically bailed him out his whole life. He hasn't passed high school, all he does is play WoW/Video games. He has a sick talent for games and he's very good at poker. The problem is, he's just a bum. He has never worked a job in his life, and has never had to pay for anything (he's my age).His mother has started slowly cutting him off. He now wants to play poker. And of course he came to me for a pretty big stake plan. Do I stake him knowing he'll probably win, or do I "help" him out, by saying no and hopefully it's a small road to getting this kid's life back on track?PS. He's shown no desire to want to play poker seriously. He's just naturally talented
I wouldn't stake him ever based on this description.Mark
Mark seemed to be doing well when I left, ... or not? Mark???
Finished the night up $505, so nothing super exciting. Table was full of action, and I could never really pick up a hand or flop anything. Oh well.Mark

So I got this funny graph.The last two months for me have been pretty rough, back to back loseing months after about 18 straight positive (some of that was at a lesser volume). In general I ran badly. Really badly, however while I have some excuses (internet problems/minor tilt) I also know I was playing poorly too. I have made changes to my game in the last 8,000 hands or so, but haven't quite pulled out of my slump. Most of this was at 1/2nl and 2/4nl 6max.These are my last 50,000 hands. I understand what these lines mean, but am a little unsure how to deeper analyzes my leaks. A brief summary of the graph (or a longer explanation of a chart):I started off running hot, almost +5k over EV, but still my expected winnings were positive. Then had a huge downswing, ran like shit over a short period of time and lost almost all my positive variance in about 100 hands, which cumulated to about a -6k run in negative variance, however roughly balancing out this 50k stretch.On the other hand, in that time, my total winnings have made a pretty consistent nose dive. This is while my showdown winnings are still positive, so I can only assume I am losing money in hands that aren't going to show down, which is probably due to not being aggressive enough, but is strange for my game to become completely ineffective.50001.jpgSo my question is can a run like this be due mostly to a bad run with cards, or is this def something more serious? Am I just likely to win while I am running hot, and have cold streaks like this when I'm not. Or should my total winnings (green line) consistently climb even though I might take some major beats here or there. Is this just too small of a sample size?Is there a good way to analysis exactly where I am leaking money? I have numbers but kinda difficult to tell without comparing them to anything. Would any other successful players (that means 90% of the players that post in this thread) be willing to put up a graph of their stats over a long period of time? PokerEV

cwik, those graphs are difficult to get a "hardcore" view of your game.this is what i tell myself when i have a graph taht looks like that."it's easy to play good, and feel good about your game when you are running well. You seem to make better decisons; raise, call, fold...everything flows. It's when you start running bad that those "easy" decisions become less "easy". Everyone is playing back at you, you are missing flops, turns, oesd, flush draws...can't flop a set...yet your decision making also deteriorates. Why? All I know, my current graph my green line is right inbetween my red and blue line, and then all of a sudden, a tilt session, and it's under them both, then way under...and it's cause, yea I'm "running" bad, but I'm also letting my bad run affect my mood, my play, and I'm just not on my "A" game. So, while there are of course tweaks to be made, I know personally that the biggest problem I have is playing as well as I do when I'm running good, as when I'm running sub-par. For whatever reason, this last week I've really struggled with that, and at HU that can be disastrous."I don't know, just some thoughts.good luck.I'm going to go cry now as I look at my 20k swing.- Jordan

cwik, pretty sure your graph means what you thought it to mean, you need to be winning more w/o showdown OR losing less. I'd say you're either not being aggressive enough, or you are spewing a lot. maybe both.jordan, play high variance style much?

cwik, pretty sure your graph means what you thought it to mean, you need to be winning more w/o showdown OR losing less. I'd say you're either not being aggressive enough, or you are spewing a lot. maybe both.jordan, play high variance style much?
a__thekevlar__2,well, it's hu. naturally it's high variance. I lost the most to short stackers, tilting against their horrible play, which is kinda backwards, but it was so bad, and they were beating me, I just lost it and donated much more than I should. Oh, and got hit and run at 5/10 which is always fun.- Jordan

So I have a story from the 10/150 game last night. We had a guy cash out $10,500 from the game, which according to all the regs is the most anyone has ever taken off the table. He bought in for $900 so that was mostly all profit. For those that don't know, the max buyin for this game is $1000, and its a spread limit game where the most you can bet is $150 at a time. So its not like you can 'stack' somone for $1000 ever. If you make a set vs aces lets say, its really hard to get more than $600 of their stack because the minute you raise them, they will just call and then check call any other streets.The guy wasn't a horrible player, but by no means was he very good, and if he wasn't playing super loose he probably would have had at least $3K more at the end of the night. (although he probably wouldn't have been in hands that he luckboxed so I guess it evens out) It was one of those nights for him where if he made a bad call, he would hit. For instance, he had 85, flopped bottom pair 5s, called a bet. Got check raised by 2pair on the turn, called, and rivered a 5, and got paid off. And one of those nights where he would make a monster vs a slightly lesser monster. For instance, he has JJ vs A8 vs T9 on a J88 flop. The flop was capped 3 ways because he had the nuts basically, the A8 girl put him on a weaker 8, and the T9 guy was caught in the middle and kept having to call because he thought he was getting odds, even though he was drawing dead.I've been in games where people have had far more money on the table than that, but I've never seen someone with so much more money in relation to the rest of the table. It was really crazy.Mark

Hell no! Make the deal, and get as much free money as you can!!!!Mark
Wurrrrrd. Go for the mobneys Tony. Period! And don't worry about the interview...they will edit it and make you look balla.
So I have a story from the 10/150 game last night. We had a guy cash out $10,500 from the game, which according to all the regs is the most anyone has ever taken off the table. He bought in for $900 so that was mostly all profit. For those that don't know, the max buyin for this game is $1000, and its a spread limit game where the most you can bet is $150 at a time. So its not like you can 'stack' somone for $1000 ever. If you make a set vs aces lets say, its really hard to get more than $600 of their stack because the minute you raise them, they will just call and then check call any other streets.The guy wasn't a horrible player, but by no means was he very good, and if he wasn't playing super loose he probably would have had at least $3K more at the end of the night. (although he probably wouldn't have been in hands that he luckboxed so I guess it evens out) It was one of those nights for him where if he made a bad call, he would hit. For instance, he had 85, flopped bottom pair 5s, called a bet. Got check raised by 2pair on the turn, called, and rivered a 5, and got paid off. And one of those nights where he would make a monster vs a slightly lesser monster. For instance, he has JJ vs A8 vs T9 on a J88 flop. The flop was capped 3 ways because he had the nuts basically, the A8 girl put him on a weaker 8, and the T9 guy was caught in the middle and kept having to call because he thought he was getting odds, even though he was drawing dead.I've been in games where people have had far more money on the table than that, but I've never seen someone with so much more money in relation to the rest of the table. It was really crazy.Mark
Hole-EEE-MoleyThe most I ever heard prior to that was Brian told me a guy took $6800 off one night.

had a good 3/6 sesh today. playing some 6 max now for fun.i thought it went well yesterday, even though i lost 400$...felt like a lot of the play was really poor, and the regs weren't anything to write home about.I ran well below expectation yesterday, but managed to keep my cool and not even lose a buy-in...today i started below expectation, and finished up expectation, for a 1.6k sesh...also won a buy-in at 5/10...meh, i'll take it...little profit for the month better than nothing.- Jordan