• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

You are right here, assuming your winrate goes up playing less tables. What I think the others are alluding to is that variance seems to go down while playing more tables cause you get more hands in during the same time frame.
My initial posts stated that we are given a specific hand sample, not time sample. When I posted my graph and made the initial statements that sparked this discussion, we had a hand sample to look at. I didn't say I played 2 hours. I said I played 1200 hands.
I'm being totally serious here.Variance isn't the same thing as risk of ruin. A lower winrate (mean) doesn't imply a higher variance. Mean and variance are different things. That's why we use them both.
A lower win rate won't necessary cause more variance, because your play style does affect standard deviation, but in most cases, yes it will up your statistical variance. I am not sure what mean has to do with anything.
My initial posts stated that we are given a specific hand sample, not time sample. When I posted my graph and made the initial statements that sparked this discussion, we had a hand sample to look at. I didn't say I played 2 hours. I said I played 1200 hands.
yes I noticed this.
yes I noticed this.
To clarify, I was merely pointing this out because a -5600 swing in a 1200 hand sample is going to be more abnormal when one is 4 tabling than when one is playing 8-12 tables. That was just the basis of my argument. I understand the effects of playing more hands in the same time period.
To clarify, I was merely pointing this out because a -5600 swing in a 1200 hand sample is going to be more abnormal when one is 4 tabling than when one is playing 8-12 tables. That was just the basis of my argument. I understand the effects of playing more hands in the same time period.
If it makes you feel better, I did -5,000 in 900 hands. And that was one tabling at 1/2.
It's nice, but the heating costs are a bitch.
When I go to Scotland I'm going to stay in a castle that my clan owned. It'll be tight. Donald clan > Your clan
Perhaps I shouldn't state that variance will be lower (although it potentially could be) but the possibility of incurring a negative session will be lower as it would be further from the expected winrate.
winner.
Didn't I basically explain what you guys are arguing about 25 posts ago?Edit: I even used an example you ****tards.
You gave an example but your point wasn't specifically related to our discussion.
Pretty sure what he is trying to say is that since he is playing less tables that his win rate per table should be higher than if he was playing more tables. So even though it isn't variance, technically you shouldn't have as many or as drastic of downswings. So someone that is beating 4 tables at 5 PTBB might still only lose 1 PTBB/100 when he is running shitty. Whereas if someone is playing 10 tables and winning at 3 PTBB/100 they have less leeway and running shitty could be -3 or 4 PTBB/100.
I said this.
Perhaps I shouldn't state that variance will be lower (although it potentially could be) but the possibility of incurring a negative session will be lower as it would be further from the expected winrate.
You guys finally agreed here.
You gave an example but your point wasn't specifically related to our discussion.
Oh.
Didn't I basically explain what you guys are arguing about 25 posts ago?Edit: I even used an example you ****tards.
Now I have to look through all these "I posted this hand for no apparent reason" posts to find it.

Jeez I'm terribly sorry I phrase things so harsh without realizing it. buncha people talking like I dunno what a downswing is. Some of you people calling me a douche bag need to get a life. I didn't say anything even remotely close to being out of line or offensive.

I wish i sucked as much at life as matt but still got so many people to hate me...
lol. You're the worst of them all. Some loser low limit grinder that cant get anywhere. **** you you low life piece of shit. You don't know shit about me.
lol. You're the worst of them all. Some loser low limit grinder that cant get anywhere. **** you you low life piece of shit. You don't know shit about me.
talk some more shit dude.....you aren't half the ****ing player I am....maybe if you tried and took some lessons from Teddy dude, but prob not....exmattge8.jpg
talk some more shit dude.....you aren't half the ****ing player I am....maybe if you tried and took some lessons from Teddy dude, but prob not....exmattge8.jpg
The only thing you have that I dont is BR management. You're nothing special.