New Challenge (old Challenge)

Villain is 15/10 regmonkey. Notice we are 2 buyins deep. Just really, really weird that he is checking the flop, raising the turn.Poker Stars $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterCO: $312.45BTN: $63.80Hero (SB): $509.75BB: $387.75UTG: $193.85MP: $222.95Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is SB with 7 :club: 9 :ts4 folds, Hero raises to $8, BB raises to $24, Hero calls $16Flop: ($48.00) 2 :D 5 :D 7 :5c(2 players)Hero checks, BB checksTurn: ($48.00) 9 :4h(2 players)Hero bets $36, BB raises to $84, Hero ????
I don't think 3betting the flop accomplishes much unless he's totally spewy and will stick it in here with 66 or AA....it seems like he's trying to get a cheap showdown imo...with like AK or something similar. fwiw, you can get tricky-ish and tank/call turn tank/lead $84 on any non 2/5 6 or 8 river....so his "cheap showdown" raise doesn't work + it seems like you're blockbetting the 67 or 89 and if he has AK he'll be tempted to raise big as a bluff. Edit: Plus most of the time when you're beat he won't raise enough because he'll be scared to lose value, so you won't get stacked as often as when you 3bet the turn.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I don't think 3betting the flop accomplishes much unless he's totally spewy and will stick it in here with 66 or AA....it seems like he's trying to get a cheap showdown imo...with like AK or something similar. fwiw, you can get tricky-ish and tank/call turn tank/lead $84 on any non 2/5 6 or 8 river....so his "cheap showdown" raise doesn't work + it seems like you're blockbetting the 67 or 89 and if he has AK he'll be tempted to raise big as a bluff. Edit: Plus most of the time when you're beat he won't raise enough because he'll be scared to lose value, so you won't get stacked as often as when you 3bet the turn.
are you on adderall or something? you've posted more strategy in the past 2 days than the last 2 years

How to install Pokertracker and stuff? Just click OK etc? And how do I run it? Just click on it and keep it on whilst playing, something like Xfire?

anyone seen Hoosier lately? he hasnt been on the board for a loooooong time.any sites he regularly posts on?ive been gone a lot so I dont know if there is a story behind all this.thanks

rdog, i really dislike flatting and check/calling river.he's a 15/10 from korea. Korean players are bad...I'd get more money into the pot and be happy about it.I kinda like JC's line of call, donk lead good rivers, cause I really don't see him being strong here on the turn and I'm more inclined to agree he wants a cheap showdown more than anything else.unless the guy has a very high % of betting rivers, I don't like calling and check/calling river, cause I don't think you're picking off many bluffs...not to mention there are a decent amount of river cards that if he does have an overpair somehow, he won't like and check back.i'd prob (generally) 3bet the turn tho and hope he spazzes. - Jordan

rdog, i really dislike flatting and check/calling river.he's a 15/10 from korea. Korean players are bad...I'd get more money into the pot and be happy about it.I kinda like JC's line of call, donk lead good rivers, cause I really don't see him being strong here on the turn and I'm more inclined to agree he wants a cheap showdown more than anything else.unless the guy has a very high % of betting rivers, I don't like calling and check/calling river, cause I don't think you're picking off many bluffs...not to mention there are a decent amount of river cards that if he does have an overpair somehow, he won't like and check back.i'd prob (generally) 3bet the turn tho and hope he spazzes. - Jordan
Agree

This hand marks the third time since last night where I've gotten it in on the flop or turn as a significant favorite in a 4+ bi pot and lost. Fun mother ****ing game imo.$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem4 playersConverted at weaktight.comStacks:CO ($50.00)BTN ($37.55)SB ($107.90)Hero ($100.00)Pre-flop: ($0.75, 4 players) Hero is BB :D:5c2 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.50Flop: :ts:qh:club: ($4, 2 players)SB bets $3, Hero raises to $10.50, SB raises to $18, Hero calls $7.50Turn: :3h ($40, 2 players)SB bets $23.50, Hero goes all-in $80, SB calls $56.50River: :qh ($200, 2 players)SB says "ty"Final Pot: $200SB shows: :D :D Hero shows: :4h:D SB wins $198 ( won +$98 ) Hero lost -$100.00

So what does all this VP PF and stuff mean at PT? Lol.
Introduce me to the girl in your .sig and I'll teach you.Mark

Gahh. I just looked in poker tracker. The first 285K hands are like me climbing Everest, which encompasses my first 2 years playing online. My last 240K hands (this year) are like I made it to the top and have been wandering around up there Jan 1st. (Up 41K this year playing as many hands as I had over the previous 2 years) I'm learning HU and just finished an hour and a half session vs a guy who bought in for $100, and by the time I stacked him I'd made $8 after rake.LOL!On the plus side though, I just got my new blender and its fricking awesome.http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...activeda8573-20Mark

If anyone has Rdog sweat them be prepared for the amount of high pairs you'll be dealt. It's like a fucking carnival.

It's like a fucking carnival.
Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.255 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $8.90Hero: $54.22Button: $17.14SB: $26.58BB: $6.43Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with K :4h K :club: UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.85, Button folds, SB raises all-in $26.58, BB folds, Hero calls.Flop: 2 :D 5 :ts 9 :D ($53.41, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $53.41)Turn: 8 :5c ($53.41, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $53.41)River: 2 :D ($53.41, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $53.41)Results:Final pot: $53.41SB Shows Jc KhHero Shows Kc Ks
If anyone has Rdog sweat them be prepared for the amount of high pairs you'll be delt. It's like a fucking carnival.
I did not attend this carnival. I got 88 a bunch though.
Nothing exciting. My mom/sister got me a bunch of nice stemless martini glasses, a cocktail shaker, vodka cranberries, olives, and a book of drink recipes. So Saturday night my family all came over and I made a bunch of martinis and got myself pretty drunk. Woke up with a splitting headache. Sunday was my bday but Shan was at work all day. Just spent the day playing with Kaelyn. Then got a blow job per your advice at night.Mark
My total haul:1. Wife and kids delivered Krispy Kreme doughnuts, a glass of milk, and the Sunday sports page to me in bed. +EV2. Went and played putt putt and video games with the kids. +++EV3. Went to dinner at a place called Oysterellas. They had Hoegaarden on tap. +++EV4. Ice cream cake from Marble Slab Creamery. Similar to Cold Stone Creamery if you're not familiar with it. +++EV5. New chair for my office. Padded arms ftw. +++EV6. 6 pack of Anchor Steam beer. +++EV7. 6 pack of Left Hand Jackman's Pale Ale. ++EV8. The Pearljammer, Apestyles, Rizen book. ++EV hopefully9. No BJ, but I did have sexual relations with that woman. +++++++++EVPretty good day.
My total haul:1. Wife and kids delivered Krispy Kreme doughnuts, a glass of milk, and the Sunday sports page to me in bed. +EV2. Went and played putt putt and video games with the kids. +++EV3. Went to dinner at a place called Oysterellas. They had Hoegaarden on tap. +++EV4. Ice cream cake from Marble Slab Creamery. Similar to Cold Stone Creamery if you're not familiar with it. +++EV5. New chair for my office. Padded arms ftw. +++EV6. 6 pack of Anchor Steam beer. +++EV7. 6 pack of Left Hand Jackman's Pale Ale. ++EV8. The Pearljammer, Apestyles, Rizen book. ++EV hopefully9. No BJ, but I did have sexual relations with that woman. +++++++++EVPretty good day.
Nice! My best friend sent me a $100 gift card for a plane flight to Vegas in January with him and all his buddies for their yearly trip so I'm pretty excited about that also.12 hours until I leave for Mexico. Prepare for this thread to be bombarded with jealousy inducing pictures for the next 5 days.MarkEdit: Tre, very nice pics! Congrats again, and sorry you won't be able to sleep much for 2 months :club:
Nice! My best friend sent me a $100 gift card for a plane flight to Vegas in January with him and all his buddies for their yearly trip so I'm pretty excited about that also.12 hours until I leave for Mexico. Prepare for this thread to be bombarded with jealousy inducing pictures for the next 5 days.MarkEdit: Tre, very nice pics! Congrats again, and sorry you won't be able to sleep much for 2 months :club:
optimistic imo. my daughter is 2 is only now, she is starting to sleep throughtthe nightgl tre
anyone seen Hoosier lately? he hasnt been on the board for a loooooong time.any sites he regularly posts on?ive been gone a lot so I dont know if there is a story behind all this.thanks
He's retired from FCP.
Gahh. I just looked in poker tracker. The first 285K hands are like me climbing Everest, which encompasses my first 2 years playing online. My last 240K hands (this year) are like I made it to the top and have been wandering around up there Jan 1st. (Up 41K this year playing as many hands as I had over the previous 2 years) I'm learning HU and just finished an hour and a half session vs a guy who bought in for $100, and by the time I stacked him I'd made $8 after rake.LOL!On the plus side though, I just got my new blender and its fricking awesome.http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...activeda8573-20Mark
I try not to look at how much you make against specific opponents "after rake". It's all just one long session. While that is cliched, it's much much more important to remember HU with the rake and then with hit and runners. Just like you wouldn't (I don't think) ever finish a session of 6 tabling six max and say, "Damn, I paid over a buyin in rake today".As for RDogs hand, wouldn't AK/KQ/J10 of hearts make a lot of sense for him to have and play that way?
Edit: Tre, very nice pics! Congrats again, and sorry you won't be able to sleep much for 2 months :club:
I'm very lucky that Jody is breastfeeding so I'm pretty much able to sleep through the night and then when I wake up I take the baby and Jody sleeps. Ava is a pretty good baby though, she doesn't cry too much so far.
As for RDogs hand, wouldn't AK/KQ/J10 of hearts make a lot of sense for him to have and play that way?
I don't think so. That deep, last thing he wants to see is have me 3 ball shove the turn and him have to fold a big draw.