New Challenge (old Challenge)

I dont understand this? If you have enough money in your poker bankroll to play 50nl who cares if some is on FT, some on Stars, some in a shoebox under your bed. Whats the difference?
I asked about this earlier today. The difficulty in moving money between sites got me thinking about it.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I posted this in OT Gen so it wouldn't get deleted, but a friend of mine owns a massage studio here in town that is currently running in 2nd for best massage studio in Phoenix. If you feel like voting, go here and check it out:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=120158Also, she's hot if that influences your vote at all. :)Thanks!Mark

"Mikey If possible Id really would like to sweat you sometime"Also no need to sweat Mikey all he does is bet until villian either folds of he hits gin. Pretty basic really
hahahahfor now i'm not giving out my screenname, sorry :Dbut you can always try to deduce my name from the list of regs that play :club:
I posted this in OT Gen so it wouldn't get deleted, but a friend of mine owns a massage studio here in town that is currently running in 2nd for best massage studio in Phoenix. If you feel like voting, go here and check it out:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=120158Also, she's hot if that influences your vote at all. :)Thanks!Mark
TPIWWP

I've barely played in the last month which is weird since I was doing well since switching to 6 max. 4 tableing today and had a good session going untill this. Obvious he had a set and I had a weird feeling about it. First time its happened to me.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $86.55UTG+1: $50CO: $16.55Button: $35.35Hero: $71.30BB: $9Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with A :D A :club: UTG calls, 2 folds, Button calls, Hero raises to $2.75, BB folds, UTG calls, Button calls.Flop: 4 :D A :D 7 :4h ($8.75, 3 players)Hero bets $7.5, UTG raises to $31.25, Button folds, Hero raises all-in $68.55, UTG calls.Turn: 7 :ts ($145.85, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $145.85)River: 3 :5c ($145.85, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $145.85)Results:Final pot: $145.85Hero showed Ah AdUTG showed 7d 7h

Can anyone tell me the deal with "B Buddy" on stars. Good player/bad player? Pretty sure his sn is all over the 2+2 regs thread but I didnt read any of the posts.

Can anyone tell me the deal with "B Buddy" on stars. Good player/bad player? Pretty sure his sn is all over the 2+2 regs thread but I didnt read any of the posts.
LOL. Used to play really high but he spews like a sprinkler so now he is playing lower. But pretty much, he hasn't learned his lesson and don't ever fold to him. He has one gear and doesn't seem to ever slow down. This one was for Snamuh.* HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to rdog7811 [7s 7h]Klaskin: folds EMRVKL: folds jackstraw49: folds rdog7811: raises $6 to $8B Buddy: raises $20 to $28vokey8: folds rdog7811: calls $20*** FLOP *** [6d Kc Qs]B Buddy: bets $30rdog7811: calls $30*** TURN *** [6d Kc Qs] [Qd]B Buddy: bets $65rdog7811: calls $65*** RIVER *** [6d Kc Qs Qd] [4c]B Buddy: checks rdog7811: checks *** SHOW DOWN ***B Buddy: shows [Ac Td] (a pair of Queens)rdog7811: shows [7s 7h] (two pair, Queens and Sevens)rdog7811 collected $245 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $248 | Rake $3 He 3 bet me 4 straight times on 2 different tables but has since stopped after I stacked him twice.
i have him 26/20/3.36 at 6 max in 1600 hands running at 10BB/100he's really agressive and plays a ton of tables. he's definitely properly bankrolled and not afraid to move the chips.i think he's pretty solid
i have him 26/20/3.36 at 6 max in 1600 hands running at 10BB/100he's really agressive and plays a ton of tables. he's definitely properly bankrolled and not afraid to move the chips.i think he's pretty solid
Meh, he is tough to play against but that doesn't make him solid.
He used to play higher stakes and was internet famous for going on crazy monkey tilt and open pushing full stacks at his regular limits. Also I think he won a WPT but I can't seem to find the thread on 2+2 where this was confirmed.
Meh, he is tough to play against but that doesn't make him solid.
very good statementbut in this caseB Buddy from what I was told used to be one of the "four dragons" that tore up partypoker at its highest limits. The other 3 being Samoleus, BldSwtTrs and lolotrickedu i believedunno what he's doing at ur limits but as long as he doesn't touch 3/6+ i'm happy :club:
I used to play 10/20 NL with him on Party like 3 years ago. He was basically just a maniac. I agree 100% with rdog's assessment about him not being solid, but being very difficult to play against. When he's making hands, he's a nightmare. Any other time, he's a fantastic spew monkey.

I was gathering some thoughts the other day on the overbet, and I think this is the best way to think about them. First level/realm whatever: When beginners overbet its almost always a bluff. They bet small with big hands, and big with bad hands because they don't want to get called. This is boring to talk about. Second: The second level of overbetting is where I'd say most typical 2p2ers are. It basically involves overbetting the nuts or close, hoping to get called by worse hands. Versus opponents who are bad or who you will never see again, this is often as far as you should take your level of thinking with overbets. Third: People who overbet the nuts or pure air. This can be both very tricky to do (finding the right frequencies) and hard to deal with. For me to overbet big with pure air, I generally want to reserve this for someone who I will see again. In my game (party 10-20) I'll do this move versus regulars who I feel like I may be able to exploit if they see me make a huge overbet with nothing. People tend to not forget big bets like that, and I feel like I can usually make back my money and more by losing a huge pot with jack high. I generally won't show a bluff ever, but I might consider it because generally I think my bluffing frequencies are low when I'm doing this overbet bluff and I want people to think its higher. Fourth: You really are not going to see this often except when two very tough players are going at it. This involves overbetting with a wide range of hands, spreading from pure air to the nuts, and everything in between. In order to do this type of bet you need to really feel like your opponent is thinking and is capable of calling a big bet with the thinking 'he can only have nuts or pure air, so I call with top pair'. It is the most beautiful thing in poker when you see something like this. My favorite hand ever that I witnessed went like this: Bbuddy and Hallingol are playing 10-20 on stars. Hallingol opens from late position, buddy calls. Flop TT6 two tone. Hallingol bets buddy calls. Turn 6. Hallingol again bets pot, buddy calls. River 2, no flush got there. Hallingol checks, Buddy goes all in for 2.5x pot. Hallingol runs his timer down and calls with 77, Buddy shows KK and takes down the pot. These ideas are very rough, but I'm curious what people think about this approach to thinking about the overbet. This is from a Jason Strassa post from about 2.5 years ago.

LOL. Used to play really high but he spews like a sprinkler so now he is playing lower. But pretty much, he hasn't learned his lesson and don't ever fold to him. He has one gear and doesn't seem to ever slow down. This one was for Snamuh.* HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to rdog7811 [7s 7h]Klaskin: folds EMRVKL: folds jackstraw49: folds rdog7811: raises $6 to $8B Buddy: raises $20 to $28vokey8: folds rdog7811: calls $20*** FLOP *** [6d Kc Qs]B Buddy: bets $30rdog7811: calls $30*** TURN *** [6d Kc Qs] [Qd]B Buddy: bets $65rdog7811: calls $65*** RIVER *** [6d Kc Qs Qd] [4c]B Buddy: checks rdog7811: checks *** SHOW DOWN ***B Buddy: shows [Ac Td] (a pair of Queens)rdog7811: shows [7s 7h] (two pair, Queens and Sevens)rdog7811 collected $245 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $248 | Rake $3 He 3 bet me 4 straight times on 2 different tables but has since stopped after I stacked him twice.
"I think you have FPS and this is a spew."
Second: The second level of overbetting is where I'd say most typical 2p2ers are. It basically involves overbetting the nuts or close, hoping to get called by worse hands. Versus opponents who are bad or who you will never see again, this is often as far as you should take your level of thinking with overbets. . . .This is from a Jason Strassa post from about 2.5 years ago.
Sklansky & Miller tell us to do that in NLHE:TAP. I guess they're typical 2+2ers, in a manner of speaking.
very good statementbut in this caseB Buddy from what I was told used to be one of the "four dragons" that tore up partypoker at its highest limits. The other 3 being Samoleus, BldSwtTrs and lolotrickedu i believedunno what he's doing at ur limits but as long as he doesn't touch 3/6+ i'm happy :club:
Yeah, I had heard this too. But we all know how much the game has evolved since the Party Poker days and if you haven't evolved with it....... He seemed very spewy when I played with him a few months ago at 2/4 and just about every hand history people post from as low as .5/1 shows him spewing off buy ins. I dunno....
I was gathering some thoughts the other day on the overbet, and I think this is the best way to think about them. First level/realm whatever: When beginners overbet its almost always a bluff. They bet small with big hands, and big with bad hands because they don't want to get called. This is boring to talk about. Second: The second level of overbetting is where I'd say most typical 2p2ers are. It basically involves overbetting the nuts or close, hoping to get called by worse hands. Versus opponents who are bad or who you will never see again, this is often as far as you should take your level of thinking with overbets. Third: People who overbet the nuts or pure air. This can be both very tricky to do (finding the right frequencies) and hard to deal with. For me to overbet big with pure air, I generally want to reserve this for someone who I will see again. In my game (party 10-20) I'll do this move versus regulars who I feel like I may be able to exploit if they see me make a huge overbet with nothing. People tend to not forget big bets like that, and I feel like I can usually make back my money and more by losing a huge pot with jack high. I generally won't show a bluff ever, but I might consider it because generally I think my bluffing frequencies are low when I'm doing this overbet bluff and I want people to think its higher. Fourth: You really are not going to see this often except when two very tough players are going at it. This involves overbetting with a wide range of hands, spreading from pure air to the nuts, and everything in between. In order to do this type of bet you need to really feel like your opponent is thinking and is capable of calling a big bet with the thinking 'he can only have nuts or pure air, so I call with top pair'. It is the most beautiful thing in poker when you see something like this. My favorite hand ever that I witnessed went like this: Bbuddy and Hallingol are playing 10-20 on stars. Hallingol opens from late position, buddy calls. Flop TT6 two tone. Hallingol bets buddy calls. Turn 6. Hallingol again bets pot, buddy calls. River 2, no flush got there. Hallingol checks, Buddy goes all in for 2.5x pot. Hallingol runs his timer down and calls with 77, Buddy shows KK and takes down the pot. These ideas are very rough, but I'm curious what people think about this approach to thinking about the overbet. This is from a Jason Strassa post from about 2.5 years ago.
sickkkkkk handty for sharing that matt