Dn - Before You Go Selling Your Lexus And Toyota...

Actually, I am an historian, and the world thinking the earth was flat is just a myth from a book from the 19th century.
How did the guys from the 1400's get a book from the 19th century?I guess A historian isn't what it used to be?
Wow, the head in the sand crowd is out in full force in this thread. So much so that I'm actually somewhat surprised. Global Warming is real, it's happening and it's scary. Deal with it folks, pull your heads out of the sand.
Deja Vu...that's exactly what they said thirty years ago about the coming Ice Age.
Actually, I am an historian, and the world thinking the earth was flat is just a myth from a book from the 19th century.
i thought it was a poem, but what do i know.anyone ever see a statue of atlas carrying a flat earth on this shoulders?

How about this . . . Let's drop the global warming/ice age argument just long enough to interject a reality check.When I bought my Sentra in 2000, I could fill the tank for about $10. Yesterday, I filled it for about $27. Funny, my paycheck has not quite kept pace with this 270% inflation??? Is the world running out of oil and driving the price up? Maybe, maybe not - you know how those Iraq/Iran folks lie. Is the world dependent on fossil fuel?? Absolutely.Before Edison, folks did pretty well 'round the house with lit candles - save the periodic tragic loss of life in housefires . . . Last winter the elcetricity in my neighborhood went off for 8 hours. People were paniced!! What if I can't cook? What if my refidgerator gets too hot? What about my internet connection? WAAAAAHHHHH. I say, let the scientists get naked and oil wrestle for the rights to claim global warming or ice age. Whatever!! I would worry about Global Pu$$ydom, people becoming so soft that they can't live without their precious gizmos, cars, computers. I am no luddite!! But c'mon people learn to cope with whatever force of nature is upon us.If DN wants to cope by going out and buying a Prius - great. My carbon footprint on that Al Gore website was "average" - what was yours?? Can we all do more to be less wasteful? sure. Will we? No frikkin idea.For you bottom line thinkers out there, start off by 4-tabling with the bedroom lights off. It's a start.Cheers!!P.S. - no flames please, they produce CO2 and lead to further deterioration of our ozone layer.

Hey DN how do you think they get electricity, not from wind and solar like you all might think, also i'm guessing you're going to stop taking all those jet flights too right??? No CO2 involved there LMAO! Also anyone know that one large volcanic eruption lets out the same amount of CO2 that all the auto emissions in the world do? prolly didn't know that huh? Being against global warming to save the earth is as stupid as being against eating meat to save animals, oh wait you are that stupid DN!! So instead of jumping on 'blame humanity first bandwagon' you know the one being pulled by the blame america first truck, how about we just blame Carniverous animals and volcanos!! I"m suppper serrrious you guys :club: