Question For Dn, Or Other Professionals

I am wondering, if poker is your job, how are you able to travel and play? In any job, to my knowledge, you need a work visa or citizenship to do your job in another country. So if poker is your job how are you legally able to say, go play the WPT in Paris, or if you're a Canadian, go to play the side games in Vegas? Thanks very much in advance.

I am a professional poker player and when travelling abroad there's no real stress. Most places will allow you to stay and play for a good deal of time with no problem. As for playing in the US as a new Canadian poker player they take a 30% non resident fee ( that you can get back with refund management). Once you get your taxation # you fill that in where your SSN goes and you're fine. Most players from Canada who are sponsored by a company are provided a working Visa and thus pay US taxes. Gavin Smith, Evelyn NG and Yukon. DN married American so there's his green card with a bow. If you're not sponsored legally you can only be in the US for 6months and then u must return for about a month before heading back. Most of the us Canadian Pros not signed to contracts who want to stay longer have friends drive us to Buffalo. When driving over the border Customs asks where you goin how long u staying you tell them doing some shopping. Buff airport 15 mins away once your in the US can stay as long as you want provided you return the same way. DON'T make the mistake of flying into Canada if you've been in the US longer than 6mnths they'll tear u a new one lol. Hope this is helpful for you

You don't need a work permit to play poker in foreign countries as it is not considered as a job. Also I know in countries such as UK you don't pay gambling tax so that varies from country to country.

You don't need a work permit to play poker in foreign countries as it is not considered as a job. Also I know in countries such as UK you don't pay gambling tax so that varies from country to country.
David Benyamine was not alowed to enter the US for over a year, even to play poker. At first, they had detained him after a cruise because there was a wonted man with the same name. After they realized he was innocent, border patrol kept him for a week for "processing" or whatever before he was deported back to France. But for a while there he only had a travel Visa to the US, ad when they found out he played poker in vegas for a living, tey said he needed a work Visa but he wasnt able to establish that until a year later.Now i am pretty sure he lives here permenantly.
Dont stay a day over 6 months or you will not be allowed back. I know 2 people who overstayed and are not allowed back.
Ever?? So they had to just leave all their stuff behind and start a new life here?I'm sure it's a major hassle but my BS detector is going off big time.
Ever?? So they had to just leave all their stuff behind and start a new life here?I'm sure it's a major hassle but my BS detector is going off big time.
They stayed too long, and now , AFTER THEY WENT BACK TO THEIR HOME COUNTRY, can't come back to the US anymore.