How Does This Look?

Full Tilt PokerLimit Omaha Hi/Lo TournamentLimit: t100/t2008 playersPre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with ad ah 2d 2s UTG calls, 3 folds, CO calls, Hero raises, 2 folds, UTG calls, CO calls.Flop: 7c 2h 7h (7.5SB, 3 players)UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, CO calls.Turn: 7d (5.25BB, 3 players)UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks.River: 2c (5.25BB, 3 players)UTG checks, CO bets, Hero calls, UTG calls.Results:Final pot: 8.25BBShould I have raised the river? No one showed any strength until then, but the 7 had me nervous.

Id bet the turn and the river. Most sevens would have spoken up on the flop and quads are more unlikely since they would be quad sevens, cards which would be unlikely to be in our opponents hands.

Id bet the turn and the river. Most sevens would have spoken up on the flop and quads are more unlikely since they would be quad sevens, cards which would be unlikely to be in our opponents hands.
yup. this is an easy turn bet.

It looks pretty bad honestly if u don't mind.Bet the hell out of the turn.Don't worry about someone having quad because most players will let you know on the flop that they've made a trip or better (unless he had something like A237 which is very very very unlikely and even so most players will impulsively raise). You have no low draw so you need to punish players who are chasing low. Scooping a small pot is better than splitting a giant pot.

It looks pretty bad honestly if u don't mind.Bet the hell out of the turn.Don't worry about someone having quad because most players will let you know on the flop that they've made a trip or better (unless he had something like A237 which is very very very unlikely and even so most players will impulsively raise). You have no low draw so you need to punish players who are chasing low. Scooping a small pot is better than splitting a giant pot.
Well any pocket pair has you beat.
Well any pocket pair has you beat.
Hero is playing the aces in the hole on the turn.
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah no pocket pair has you beat. You flop 2's full. Bet that. Turn 7's full of aces. I dont think anyone has the seven, they would have bet the flop so bet again. Quads on the river with no low possible. I wouldn't be worried about the seven. So in summation:Jam it on every street.

Here is the same starting hand, a few weeks later. This was the end of a low limit SNG. Hopefully it was played better then that last hand. I checked the flop hoping to keep themin with me. I had a good lead, was playing aggressively and they were folding often. When they bet the flop, I felt better about the c/r on the turn, then capping it. The riverwas a sick card. Full Tilt PokerLimit Omaha TournamentLimit: t300/t6002 playersConverterStack sizes:SB: t3360Hero: t10140Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with A :) 2 :club: 2 :D A :D SB calls, Hero raises, SB calls.Flop: 3 :icon_dance: 5 :) 4 :D (2SB, 2 players)Hero checks, SB bets, Hero calls.Turn: 5 :D (2BB, 2 players)Hero checks, SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB calls.River: A :) (10BB, 2 players)Hero bets, SB calls all-in t60.Uncalled bets: 0.9BB returned to Hero. Results:Final pot: 10.2BB

It is a tournament, you need to get a hold of some chips, you can't play timid because you are worried about someone having quads. Chances are that at the low limit level one of these guys has a pair in the hole that they aren't going to be able to get away from so make them pay.