O&a Discussing Dn Right Now

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt he write a blog about how he was racist against white people? and joe rogan sucks, why does he have his own blog, who reads that crap
Not to disrespect DN, but Joe Rogan is far more famous than Daniel is. Joe has been in major roles on two major network television shows, is a headliner as a standup comedian, and is the voice of the UFC. I'd imagine more people read his blog than Daniel's here.Joe Rogan's not for everyone, but he's a smart guy, was hilarious as Joe Gorelli (sp) on Newsradio, and does a great job on the UFC. Daniel is a great poker player who has an incredible fanbase in the poker world. They both near the top of their chosen professions, and that's all that needs to be said.
Still hoping for a response from DN on Rogan's blog entry.
ME TOOWell from my original posting, I did say I had missed the Commerce interview, but commented on how it was probably blown out of proportion and can be easily fixed by...But actually being a Joe Rogan fan also and knowing how he isn't a BS'er at all and confronts every and any issue upfront. His blog is well written and straight forward and on top of all things- PROOF. His blogs always have links and proof of issues he has. You have to respect that.So now that I've heard the entire interview, and indeed know that all that was said was about an EX-GIRLFRIEND and hypothetical situations that can and do happen with guys during break-ups. And Joe Rogan did his job to be funny on XM (UNCUT SHOCK JOCK RADIO) and complimented the hell out of Daniel throughout the interview. Granted that humor may not be Dan's cup of tea, but they only used his (At that time experience with an ex-girlfriend) as a segway to some guy relationship talk.He may not like his humor, but he wasn't attacked in any way. I'd have to write this one up as just a DN misunderstanding- talk to the guys- bury the hatchet and get yourself some plugs. As far as the rest of the FCP board community talking trash about O&A and Rogan, they were uninformed and talking bad about people who did nothing to Daniel or his wife. I think that's all that has to be said- The ball is really in Daniel's court to be straight up with those guys and set things right. If anyone wants to listen to O&A on the web on XM channel 202 and really hear how straight up funny the show is, then they can e-mail me and I will hook them up. They run the show 16 of 24 hours a day. "Best Of" on Weekends. RegardsAvionicZ
Still hoping for a response from DN on Rogan's blog entry.
He's got better, more productive things to do. In my opinion, it's better to just let it go since any issue that is there is unimportant.
He's got better, more productive things to do. In my opinion, it's better to just let it go since any issue that is there is unimportant.
He didn't have better things to do a few days ago with his blog entry about the whole thing. But yes, there really shouldn't have been a beef in the first place but somehow it got blown out of proportion.All that being said, the 8 hours a day that Ron and Fez are on XM202 are the best hours of the day.

My opinion on this tends to lean on Rogans side after hearing both sides of the story, although I understand DN's feelings. In his blog, DN said "rogan said nasty stuff about what later became my wife" , at first i thought "if this is true, this waaay across the line and DN has every right to think Rogan is a prick" but now that I heard the actual broadcast I realize that DN said he broke up with Lori and then Rogan said that when he breaks up with a chick it drives him nuts to think about her getting gang banged or whatever....Meh, I think in Rogan's mind he thought Lori was just some random chick he had a relationship with and then broke it off, he then stated what drives him crazy when HE breaks up with a chick, he asked DN if it bothered him and DN said no, then Rogan just decided to put a crude mental image he obv me no harm and i believe him when he says he was just treating Daniel like a friend. At first impression, DN looks and acts more like a party guy that "gambles" for a living and doesn't have a care in the world, he doesn't seem like an ultra religious man with tons of morals and values, Rogan just treated him like "one of the guys"...And even though I agree that Rogan demonstrated a complete lack of tact I dont think people should go on Shock Jock type shows if they dont want their feelings hurt. As for the show sucking, and the hosts being clueless about poker, well we just have to remember that most people percieve poker as a fantasy life and cant imagine someone making millions at it, sure their questions were dumb but so are most people's. Honestly, i think the show sucks and I do think Rogan shoulda shown tact but if I was a public figure I would never be publicly open about my negative opinion towards a guy like Joe Rogan, It'd be kinda humiliating if his ego got in the way and he decided to kick my ***.

At first impression, DN looks and acts more like a party guy that "gambles" for a living and doesn't have a care in the world, he doesn't seem like an ultra religious man with tons of morals and values, Rogan just treated him like "one of the guys"...And even though I agree that Rogan demonstrated a complete lack of tact I dont think people should go on Shock Jock type shows if they dont want their feelings hurt. As for the show sucking, and the hosts being clueless about poker, well we just have to remember that most people percieve poker as a fantasy life and cant imagine someone making millions at it, sure their questions were dumb but so are most people's. Honestly, i think the show sucks and I do think Rogan shoulda shown tact but if I was a public figure I would never be publicly open about my negative opinion towards a guy like Joe Rogan, It'd be kinda humiliating if his ego got in the way and he decided to kick my ***.
I agreed with everything in this post, but I did want to add one clarification. Anthony of the show does know at least a little about poker, but he was playing in the tournament so he wasn't at the broadcast table most of the time. The others don't know and don't care. That and to +1 to not wanting Joe Rogan to kick my ***.
My opinion on this tends to lean on Rogans side after hearing both sides of the story, although I understand DN's feelings. In his blog, DN said "rogan said nasty stuff about what later became my wife" , at first i thought "if this is true, this waaay across the line and DN has every right to think Rogan is a prick" but now that I heard the actual broadcast I realize that DN said he broke up with Lori and then Rogan said that when he breaks up with a chick it drives him nuts to think about her getting gang banged or whatever....Meh, I think in Rogan's mind he thought Lori was just some random chick he had a relationship with and then broke it off, he then stated what drives him crazy when HE breaks up with a chick, he asked DN if it bothered him and DN said no, then Rogan just decided to put a crude mental image he obv me no harm and i believe him when he says he was just treating Daniel like a friend. At first impression, DN looks and acts more like a party guy that "gambles" for a living and doesn't have a care in the world, he doesn't seem like an ultra religious man with tons of morals and values, Rogan just treated him like "one of the guys"...And even though I agree that Rogan demonstrated a complete lack of tact I dont think people should go on Shock Jock type shows if they dont want their feelings hurt. As for the show sucking, and the hosts being clueless about poker, well we just have to remember that most people percieve poker as a fantasy life and cant imagine someone making millions at it, sure their questions were dumb but so are most people's. Honestly, i think the show sucks and I do think Rogan shoulda shown tact but if I was a public figure I would never be publicly open about my negative opinion towards a guy like Joe Rogan, It'd be kinda humiliating if his ego got in the way and he decided to kick my ***.
Agreed.I was gonna write my own response, but you basically got it pretty much covered. I don't think Joe really crossed any line at all, especially since in his mind, he was talking about "an ex". Seems like a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. And whoever is being a DN fanboy and getting your panties in a bunch about this whole thing, you might want to actually read for comprehension once in awhile. (Or listen for it.) I'm a fan of DN just as much as anyone, but sometimes you just need to take things for what they are. In this case, a whole lot of nothing.
If you think asians are a minority, you need to get out more. You can be racist against one sector of society and not another. From what i've witnessed personally (and reading DN's blog), he does have some complexes about blacks and I'm sure given his religious sense, he probably has strong feelings against Jews as well.
For a racist guy Daniel sure likes the company of his enemies.Isn't Phil Ivey black? Weren't they a "crew"?That Barry Greenstein fellow is Jewish. For the most part their relationship is pretty good. They've even golfed together.Daniel's said it before; he enjoys the humour in the differences within each culture. There ARE differences in each race and except for the tightwads out there it usually IS funny.
I hate to say it, but I think what bothered Daniel most was the BLACK comment. I've said it before on this site and I'll repeat - DN is Romanian. My wife is Romanian. I have the pleasure (or displeasure as it is with this case) to hang out with a lot of Romanians and the one constant no matter if they are second generation americans (or Canadiens in this case) or not, they are RACIST (and its not them, its usually the older folk who just continue the hatred thru the generations - its SICK!). Some of DN's blogs have that undertone when he talks of minorities. You can sense it. I can tell you being Jewish and not telling her family (my wife knew obviously) at the beginning - you should have heard the comments comming out of their mouths. And it wasnt jsut the family, it was friends of hers who were romanian. Its in the culture. So I think Rogans comment at the end is what set off DN. He'll deny it. Fine. But inside, thats whats really going on. Do some research. Meet some Romanians - tell me I'm wrong. I don't think you'll be able to.
That's about as close to insane as humanly possible, lol. I don't know who you've met and don't doubt that they were racist. My family is not in the least. My brother's best friend in high school was a 350+ pound black guy with a crack addiction. When he was released from jail, my parents made a room for him in our basement. I didn't have a white friend until about the 7th grade, most everyone of my friends were not only black, but also from the projects. I guess it is possible to be racist but surround yourself with the people you are supposedly being racist towards, but it's highly unlikely.
If you think asians are a minority, you need to get out more. You can be racist against one sector of society and not another. From what i've witnessed personally (and reading DN's blog), he does have some complexes about blacks and I'm sure given his religious sense, he probably has strong feelings against Jews as well.
Yikes, now I hate Jews too! LOL, you are losing it! My two best friends in high school were both Israeli. They were also best men at my wedding. I learned how to speak Hebrew in high school just hanging out with them. What other slanderous comments do you have for me? Do I hate little people? Maybe Buddist monks?
Yikes, now I hate Jews too! LOL, you are losing it! My two best friends in high school were both Israeli. They were also best men at my wedding. I learned how to speak Hebrew in high school just hanging out with them. What other slanderous comments do you have for me? Do I hate little people? Maybe Buddist monks?
I think Daniel made a comment about hating Canadians too. True story.(sw)EDIT: damn waffles beat me to the punch

I just read DN's blog and I must say he is a helluva guy. It takes a big man to admit he was in the wrong and to apologize. I'm glad the whole thing is over (because I'm a big fan of both DN and Rogan, especially his marijuana stance) and hopefully DN can promote stuff on the O&A show sometime in the future. Nice job Daniel.

Could you be any more prejudice yourself? Here you are stating that Daniel is a racist towards blacks. And what's your basis for this? Not anything specific he's said, but the fact that he's Romanian! Holy crap! YOU are prejudice against Romanians because of what a few of them said and did to YOU. Does your wife's family and a few friends represent the entire Romanian population?I don't know, man.
I dont know but I'm traveling to Romania this summer for 3 weeks to visit and I'll let you know when I get back.