Daniel Dominates Tunica

What up Daniel. Nice run again my friend. Is it just me or do you play awesomepoker in Tunica? I have come to the conclusion that you play better when you don't eat? Think about it , last year you won the whole thing and couldn't stop complaining about how horrible the food was? Anyway, good luck the rest of the way and don't stop watching "LOST". It is an awesome show that keeps you wanting more and more. ps. Kinda wierd how you made an amazing call against Vahedi with pocket 33 and then couldn't pull the trigger against that guy when he bluffed you with pocket 33?Good luck...

I was thinking about that too. I mjust play better when I'm starving, lol.
I know i've seen doyle talk about how long it took him to realize that he kept busting out after dinner breaks, so he stopped eating large meals or eating period when it really counted. I have to imagine that the more energy and blood your body is expending on digestion, the less it has for thinking and focusing on the pokah.
I know i've seen doyle talk about how long it took him to realize that he kept busting out after dinner breaks, so he stopped eating large meals or eating period when it really counted. I have to imagine that the more energy and blood your body is expending on digestion, the less it has for thinking and focusing on the pokah.
yet with less eating comes more energy loss and fatigue

To digest takes some energy yes, but it certainly depends on the meals. Actually, there was this guy at the European Poker Tour final table, that didn't eat in three days before his final table, because of that reason..........he didn't win.

Meals are a factor in maintaining energy no matter what you do. My father sets up and tears down conventions, and works a lot of 16 hour days back to back (makes great money, but still) for weeks on end, with maybe 3-5 hours sleep in between each day. He says that he maintains his energy by eating small meals to maintain his energy level: if he eats a sizable meal, he crashes. This advice sure helped me get through working graveyard shifts in Las Vegas... and helped me get to sleep afterward.So yeah, in a poker tournament, light meals are your friend.

Wow, Interesting Topic. I am really curious to know what effect a large meal has on your train of thought, compared to eating smaller amounts. Does the body not waste more energy digesting larger meals. I am sure it is not a very large influence on your poker play but may have some partial effect???Any med students out there with an answer?Daniel always seems more in tune when he is eating less? Last year Tunica and this year. Anyway Daniel, don't eat anything until you win the Tournament.Cheers.

I am not running to look up the physiology, but ... as a nurse who has recently developed diabetes, I have been reading a little on the topic of food consumption, energy levels, etc. Yes, the experts recommend frequent small meals for optimal energy management. Large meals do tend to through things a little out of whack. Most people get drowsy after eating a large meal.

A large meal will make you tired about 40 mins after eating it mainly due to the carbs in the meal.However the lack of food will make one very irritable although alert.To keep the body in balance, small meals of equal food groups would be the best. Paying close attention to the ph level in the body, will also change the mood. Too much acidity will put you to sleep as well as your body will be trying to cleanse itself off the toxins that created the acid state.Before you ask.......Im a race horse trainer. Horses and humans don't differ that much in diet with the exception of the protien source for the horse. Their diet would run closer to a vegitarians. Their protien source is usually soya.Hope this helps.