This Situation Probably Gets Posted A Lot

$50NL on UltimateBet (9 Players at a 10max table)Stack Sizes:Hero has $48.50Villain has $51.75Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP2 with A :D K :club:3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.Flop: A :D 6 :) 8 :D ($3.50, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, SB calls.Turn: J :D ($8.50, 2 players)SB bets $8.50, Hero ???First orbit, and my first time in a pot to the flop at the table, no reads on villain.Also, if you suggest doing something other than folding on the turn, please give us a river line of action as well.

I fold almost all the time here. Yeah, I'll get bluffed sometimes.

I think!.... there are basically 3 possibilities here:1) He flopped a bigger hand then you and is afraid you will check behind to a free draw.2) He turned the flush.3) He's representing the flush (in which case he may or may not have an A, but either way your'e ahead).Unless you have a solid read, I think it's a pretty good laydown. I really do hate it when this happens though because there is so much uncertainty. I'd rather be check-raised, but when you look at it like that, this guy is giving you an oppurtunity to savemore money.

Do people really do this with a turned flush that often? Do they get paid off often enough with a big pot-size bet on the turn/river by random opponents they don't have reads on for it to be profitable?

Do people really do this with a turned flush that often? Do they get paid off often enough with a big pot-size bet on the turn/river by random opponents they don't have reads on for it to be profitable?
Personally the only time I would do that is with a baby flush but its not too often going to be the case with the PF action, but maybe not even then. He could be holding the 4 :club: 5 :D or 6 :D 7 :D ...
I think, at least at those levels and from my experience(which is admittedly not much), that people tend to bet two pair/set hands when the third flush/fourth straight card pop up. Almost like, "Goddammit, knew I should've bet it on the flop, better make a massive bet here to make up for it."
Almost like, "Goddammit, knew I should've bet it on the flop, better make a massive bet here to make up for it."
Yeah maybe they'd say that if I checked behind but... Here the preflop raiser has bet a flop that contains an ace, and they have a chance to raise with a flopped two pair or set hand there and probably get action... Granted, they could just be stupid =P
Yeah maybe they'd say that if I checked behind but... Here the preflop raiser has bet a flop that contains an ace, and they have a chance to raise with a flopped two pair or set hand there and probably get action... Granted, they could just be stupid =P
You're giving these ppl WAY too much credit. I agree with DDID.

It doesn't really matter here as we're behind either way.Does anyone like a line like this?Call turn.Hope they check if a 4th heart comes so you can check behind, fold if they bet a 4th heart, call a pot size or lower bet if it's not a heart.

Granted, they could just be stupid =P
Exactly.
It doesn't really matter here as we're behind either way.
Exactly.I was just trying to make the point in my previous post, after you asked about flushes leading the turn, that they don't need a flush to lead that turn that strong.. Sure, a tricky player can lead that turn with air(bluffing a scare card), but, how tricky are they getting at that level on that site from your experience?

If we give ourselves pocket 8s for this hand for a flopped middle trips, and the action stays the same, how does this change our line, if at all?

Right, I wouldn't either, but what kind of line do you use on the river?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, in NLHE, donkbets on the flop (particularly in the moderate/large range) are usually weak. On the turn, small donkbets are potentially weak, but anything of moderate size or larger are pretty strong.