6-max Lhe Strategy

Almost all of my cash poker experience has been at full ring LHE games. I have recently discovered the 6-max tables and I have really enjoyed the game and done fairly well. I was wondering if anyone knows of any books or articles that specifically address 6-max LHE strategy. I would also like to hear what differences in strategy there is between full ring and 6-max. From my short experience I have had success being more aggresive in late position (stealing blinds seems to occur more often and easier). Any help or advice would be great.

Pretend you're playing full ring, but the third 3 or 4 players have folded.Voila. You have short handed poker.
This advice has improved both my FR game, and my SH game by making me apply principles from one game to the other.I didn't used to open so wide when folded to in full ring, and so on.For books, I know Hold'Em for Advanced Players has a section on shorthanded. It's the only chapter I barely read in that book.

HOW is it you guys are able to play 6max as your primary game? I've played 2500 hands in two days since joining absolute. I'm losing 2.75 bb/100 and am down about 300 bucks...It's insane...beat after beat after beat, how do you not go on tilt? It's a good thing they offer laptops in the AP store, cuz mine is going to be smashed to fkin pieces very shortly.AA apparently < 5 9 sooooted...AK < A4among hooooow many others....If I keep this up, I'll be on suicide watch..........

heh, welcome to SH LHE.Unfortunately, they clear RB/Bonus a million times faster than FR, and are almost always juicier.
They seem to be juicier the last 2 days because I am at the table, apparently...I can't catch a fkin cold at these tables, but the donk chasers are hitting EVERY gutshot, 4-card board flush, and and and and and on me it seems....Somebody help me to be any good at this game...Anybody....
Somebody help me to be any good at this game...
Play a million more hands.I just went through a 200+ BB downswing where I felt the same way. The last two days, I'm up like 120 BBs over less than 1000 hands, not including bonus and RB.I also had about a 15k hand break even stretch, in terms of BBs, and I made $1300 in bonus and rakeback over that stretch. w00t.
Play a million more hands.I just went through a 200+ BB downswing where I felt the same way. The last two days, I'm up like 120 BBs over less than 1000 hands, not including bonus and RB.I also had about a 15k hand break even stretch, in terms of BBs, and I made $1300 in bonus and rakeback over that stretch. w00t.
I fear I'll be broke by then...lol

I think the biggest key with 6-max is to get in a ridiculous number of hands, and to have a decent at least rakeback/bonus scheme going as well. I couldn't handle 6-max the first time I played it and I'm not sure I could handle playing it as my only game today. I just can't handle losing well enough to put up with the variance. However, I've managed to start mixing it in a little with full-ring tables and that seems to work out all right. Honestly, my best advice...don't play 6-max as your only game, at least not at first, play a huge volume of hands if at all possible.

HOW is it you guys are able to play 6max as your primary game? I've played 2500 hands in two days since joining absolute. I'm losing 2.75 bb/100 and am down about 300 bucks...It's insane...beat after beat after beat, how do you not go on tilt? It's a good thing they offer laptops in the AP store, cuz mine is going to be smashed to fkin pieces very shortly.
hahahha i was just reading casually and that line made me laugh out loud.i think 6max is a lot more fun. I'd hate to switch back to FR, so boring! I like all the interesting decisions that you have to make. That said, -200bb downswings are not fun but as time goes by and u log in thouasnds of hands, you get kind of used to it. It also helps that I look at each session as in investment in my hourly wage. So even when I'm down 100bbs, I just figure that the more hours i put in, the more money i'll be making anyways.get it?I still tilt tho but it helps a lot.
How do you get rakeback on AP? I just made my first deposit there recently, but I have a feeling I'm not getting anything in terms of rakeback ...
Too late. You have to sign up through an affiliate.