Official Stars Sunday Warm Up 250k

im in. im at 9100 early (10k starting chips). i dont know how to play this hand preflop. i was leaning towards folding. this was the 2nd hand of the , so no reads. its an obv fold on flop, but what about preflop? what do you do?PokerStars Game #7932517050: Tournament #39911853, $200+$15 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (25/50) - 2007/01/14 - 12:46:08 (ET)Table '39911853 143' 9-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 2: temel55 (10000 in chips) Seat 3: Leesterr (9975 in chips) Seat 4: arbel1 (9950 in chips) Seat 5: gibler321 (10000 in chips) Seat 6: lebleb1 (10000 in chips) Seat 7: jwprp (10000 in chips) Seat 8: funteam (9850 in chips) Seat 9: Mntnman (10225 in chips) arbel1: posts small blind 25gibler321: posts big blind 50*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to gibler321 [Qc Qd]peter4r2t is connected lebleb1: folds jwprp: folds funteam: raises 100 to 150Mntnman: raises 700 to 850temel55: folds Leesterr: folds arbel1: calls 825gibler321: calls 800funteam: calls 700*** FLOP *** [7c 8s Ah]arbel1: bets 400gibler321: folds funteam: calls 400Mntnman: raises 1450 to 1850arbel1: calls 1450funteam: raises 7150 to 9000 and is all-inMntnman: folds arbel1: calls 7150*** TURN *** [7c 8s Ah] [2c]*** RIVER *** [7c 8s Ah 2c] [2d]*** SHOW DOWN ***arbel1: shows [Ad Kh] (two pair, Aces and Deuces)funteam: shows [As Kc] (two pair, Aces and Deuces)arbel1 collected 11625 from potfunteam collected 11625 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 23250 | Rake 0 Board [7c 8s Ah 2c 2d]Seat 2: temel55 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: Leesterr (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: arbel1 (small blind) showed [Ad Kh] and won (11625) with two pair, Aces and DeucesSeat 5: gibler321 (big blind) folded on the FlopSeat 6: lebleb1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: jwprp folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: funteam showed [As Kc] and won (11625) with two pair, Aces and DeucesSeat 9: Mntnman folded on the Flop

i would fold.not much invested, early, and with a raise, a big reraise, then a calla few red flagsgl gl wish i had the roll for this tourney
ya, i think you are right. i only had 50 chips commited, and i could have easily been against AA, KK, or AK. yeah, stupid play me. gl
ya, i think you are right. i only had 50 chips commited, and i could have easily been against AA, KK, or AK. yeah, stupid play me. gl
I wouldn't fold 66 in that spot. I'm not quite sure how you are debating folding QQ.

off to a great start... NOT*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to xthesteinx [8c 9c]midocean1: folds hoodini10: folds Mr_Sterken: folds CARA123: folds xthesteinx: raises 100 to 150agmich08: folds BOKPOWER: calls 150Homerindoors: folds jalans: calls 100*** FLOP *** [8h 5d 8d]jalans: checks xthesteinx: bets 150BOKPOWER: calls 150jalans: raises 500 to 650xthesteinx: calls 500BOKPOWER: calls 500*** TURN *** [8h 5d 8d] [Kh]jalans: checks xthesteinx: bets 450BOKPOWER: raises 750 to 1200jalans: folds xthesteinx: calls 750*** RIVER *** [8h 5d 8d Kh] [Qc]xthesteinx: checks BOKPOWER: bets 3600xthesteinx said, "sick"xthesteinx said, "55 huh"BOKPOWER said, "lol"BOKPOWER said, "nld"xthesteinx said, "yea"xthesteinx said, "i can't call that"xthesteinx said, "even with an 8"xthesteinx said, "can't call it dammit"xthesteinx: folds BOKPOWER collected 4825 from pot

im curious
Well, he seems to be pretty sure that he is up against monster hand(s), which will inevitably pay him off if he flops a set, so since he is getting 12.5:1 implied on the raise, folding pretty much any PP here is clearly nutso (and that doesn't include the other 2 people in the pot for 800). QQ/JJ is much trickier in this spot due to the propensity of all undercards flopping and being in a crappy spot, but I think this is a spot where you can find out for 2k-ish if you are good or not postflop.
i would fold.not much invested, early, and with a raise, a big reraise, then a calla few red flagsgl gl wish i had the roll for this tourney
Well, he seems to be pretty sure that he is up against monster hand(s), which will inevitably pay him off if he flops a set, so since he is getting 12.5:1 implied on the raise, folding pretty much any PP here is clearly nutso (and that doesn't include the other 2 people in the pot for 800). QQ/JJ is much trickier in this spot due to the propensity of all undercards flopping and being in a crappy spot, but I think this is a spot where you can find out for 2k-ish if you are good or not postflop.
ya, i like that line, call for set value, and lead out an all under board
i guess i can see calling 66 here. if you hit the 6, you are pretty much guarenteed to double. i completely agree that QQ is hard to play here. because if you call and flop comes 3 9 10, you could be in big trouble. i got lucky to get away from it on the flop when an ace hit. i asked a friend and he said maybe i should raise to 2.5k total to see where i am preflop. ehhhh, i dont know. i think i like folding QQ there preflop.
because if you call and flop comes 3 9 10, you could be in big trouble
You're only in big trouble if you are incapable of getting away from it on this flop. And with the number of people in the pot, there is almost 0 point in 3betting QQ here. Especially to 2500-everyone who is already in will pretty much have the odds to call. Save the 1700 raise here, apply it to an undercard flop, and give people credit for a hand if they continue playing with you.