Cell Vs. Landline

I'm seriously considering losing my landline in favour of a cell phone. I've read most of the pros and cons, but was wondering if anyone around here has done it?

I've done it for the past four years and I gotta say, I love it. for the most part, all the major cell phone companies have coverage pretty much everywhere. The only reason I feel like to have a landline nowadays is if you have a DSL connection. It's great and I haven't had any problems. Course, if you lose your phone, then you're screwed for the enxt couple of days, so make sure you have insurance just to cover your *** in case something like that happens.

I've only ever had a cell since I moved into my condo. Everyone I know has Verizon, so I never use any minutes because of INetwork. Then again, my company pays my bill now, so I don't care about that.Anyway, you have to think about when your kids start to get calls, etc. Will you just get it back then?

I'm seriously considering losing my landline in favour of a cell phone. I've read most of the pros and cons, but was wondering if anyone around here has done it?
I don't speak Canadian.FYI, Monkey, I'm not trying to pick on you in particular... I think you're a cool guy, I'm just messing around.
You pussied out with your white text.pussy.
I know... but I was busting his chops in another thread, and thought he might take it personal, if it's that time of the month.
I know... but I was busting his chops in another thread, and thought he might take it personal, if it's that time of the month.
who cares, it's only the monkey. Busting his chops is one of my favourite things to do, especially on labour day. Colour your text black.
Yep.Had to reactivate the landline because the alarm on the house is unable to contact the alarm company when it is triggered without a landline.That's been the only reason I've kept it. I love the idea of no home phone.
who cares, it's only the monkey. Busting his chops is one of my favourite things to do, especially on labour day. Colour your text black.
Damn you and your extra "u's". Note to Canadians: When making a post the forum is not underlining certain words in red as if to say, "Good job on this word, Frenchie!".... but it is, in fact, telling you that the word you just typed isn't in ENGLISH!

if your keeping a landline the best deals right now are the ones through the cable companiesmy parents pay $15/month unlimited calling bc we have digital cable and cable internet so they have a deal