starting chips 700about even stacks, i hold ~ 1400, raiser holds ~ 1000blinds at 10/20i'm holding QQ in the BBmiddle position raises to 100 and everyone folds to mei raise to 300he pushes all ini foldcorrect fold here? any opinions would be appreciated, especially on my bet amount. my reasoning was that i was a coinflip at best. he's a solid player, so i could put him on either AK, KK, or AA, a coinflip at the very best. he was gracious enough to show me his hand afterwards.

How many are left in the tournament? The speed at which the blinds are hitting you makes a big impact on whether or not you can grind it back up with 400 remaining if you lose.This question, at least to me, is mostly asking how good the player is. Is he bad enough to push you back with 99, TT, or JJ? Has he been known to try to steal and re-steal blinds?It sounds to me like you made the right move, though.

Your re-raise to 300 is weak. If he raises 5x the blinds originally, you have to make a decision to just call with your queens or push. Even if you do make a re-raise to say, 300, you have to do it knowing that you will push in if he makes a move on you.Otherwise, just call.

Your re-raise to 300 is weak.  If he raises 5x the blinds originally, you have to make a decision to just call with your queens or push. Even if you do make a re-raise to say, 300, you have to do it knowing that you will push in if he makes a move on you.Otherwise, just call.
thats what i was thinking, that the correct play would have been to have just pushed initially (and in this case have been the worst hand). but given the circumstances of how i did play it, i would think the fold was correct. i did figure tho, if he just called the 300 raise, i could put him on AK much more than AA or KK. would you agree with that?