Dn's Resolutions

-always bring my headphones to tournaments-wake up at least two hours prior to a tournament start time-no drinking alcohol the day before a tournament-bringing soy protein with me on the road-get more organized-play more video games-read more-finish my writing responsiblities ON TIME-learn a few more languages-end world hunger, lol. just kidding.What is the reasoning behind this? Is it that loud in the poker rooms? No more "chatty Negreanu"?

-always bring my headphones to tournaments-wake up at least two hours prior to a tournament start time-no drinking alcohol the day before a tournament-bringing soy protein with me on the road-get more organized-play more video games-read more-finish my writing responsiblities ON TIME-learn a few more languages-end world hunger, lol. just kidding.What is the reasoning behind this? Is it that loud in the poker rooms? No more "chatty Negreanu"?
It helps me get through day one. It basically helps the time go by faster and makes you a little less bored in the early stages.
It helps me get through day one. It basically helps the time go by faster and makes you a little less bored in the early stages.
I've been wondering this for a while Daniel. I would expect a lot of people to wear headphones but doesn't it work against you and other pros becuase you are good at picking up tells? For instance if a player talks when they have something good or says something particularly when they have something bad, won't you miss that?
I've been wondering this for a while Daniel. I would expect a lot of people to wear headphones but doesn't it work against you and other pros becuase you are good at picking up tells? For instance if a player talks when they have something good or says something particularly when they have something bad, won't you miss that?
No. When I'm in a hand I flip one ear off so I can hear.

-play more video games: I used to be a big video game fan but ever since I discovered poker, It doesn't make so much sense to me to play videogames when I could play poker which has some serious prizes if you win. I guess you get tired of poker if you play it everyday and I'm thinking that you are thinking that playing videogame helps you play better poker-learn a few more languages: How many languages do you already know and why do you feel the need to learn a few more?-end world hunger, lol. just kidding, Greenstein is doing it, why can't you? jkjk

getting my body in shape by working out on a regular basis
Seriously consider a personal trainer. We have one come to our house an hour a week and it's made a HUGE difference. Ours is good since she gives advice on how to eat well as well as working you out and showing you how to do everything properly. Plus it's much easier to stay motivated and not get into a boring routine.
-play more video games: I used to be a big video game fan but ever since I discovered poker, It doesn't make so much sense to me to play videogames when I could play poker which has some serious prizes if you win. I guess you get tired of poker if you play it everyday and I'm thinking that you are thinking that playing videogame helps you play better poker-learn a few more languages: How many languages do you already know and why do you feel the need to learn a few more?-end world hunger, lol. just kidding, Greenstein is doing it, why can't you? jkjk
did you accidentily add a "r" to the end of your name?
hello everyone,this is my first post on this forum. do any of you guys/gals, find it makes it harder to concentrate while wearing headphones?
I generally do so I don't wear them anymore. The first couple of times I word big headphones i busted early, i wore those ear buds (the small ones that you get with an ipod) and those are a little easier to concentrate with

i've got a question....why soy protein instead of whey?and getting into shape is a big thing....if you are in shape, your body just performs better, you can concentrate more, you have more energy, etc....you don't need a personal trainer, and if you think workouts are boring then try some HIT...i guaruntee you won't be bored.

i've got a question....why soy protein instead of whey?and getting into shape is a big thing....if you are in shape, your body just performs better, you can concentrate more, you have more energy, etc....you don't need a personal trainer, and if you think workouts are boring then try some HIT...i guaruntee you won't be bored.
Whey has dairy in it and I'm a vegan.
Why/when did you become vegan? Just interested in people's reasoning as I've been vegan for about 3 years now and vegetarian since birth...
Why/when did you become vegan? Just interested in people's reasoning as I've been vegan for about 3 years now and vegetarian since birth...
I've been a Vegetarian since about 2001 and went Veagan about a year ago. I was eating too much cheese and dairy on the road and realized that it's not much better for you than actually eating dead animal. It has all the same growth hormone, steroids, and animal fat.
I've been a Vegetarian since about 2001 and went Veagan about a year ago. I was eating too much cheese and dairy on the road and realized that it's not much better for you than actually eating dead animal. It has all the same growth hormone, steroids, and animal fat.
Sorry Daniel, but I have to disagree. Research has pointed out that SOME dairy and red meat is good for you but you should also eat it to maintain a healthy diet. But, seeing as your mom cooks, it looks that you're on a great diet.
just because you cant pick tells?i am the greatest poker player of all time, while i lack the experience by a few years that the greats have, i have the RAW AND PURE TALENT.im picking off tells left and right.i love how players who dont have the talent try to play poker. online poker and software has given the untalented a way to play poker and be a slight success.
just because you cant pick tells?i am the greatest poker player of all time, while i lack the experience by a few years that the greats have, i have the RAW AND PURE TALENT.im picking off tells left and right.i love how players who dont have the talent try to play poker. online poker and software has given the untalented a way to play poker and be a slight success.
Dont they play poker to try and get better? someone isnt just instantly talented. Is this a serious post BTW?

yeah i would actually like to apologise. to tell you the truth i have been running bad in poker this past few months and have lost over 25K, and i had been drinking alot.i still think i have the raw talent to become a great poker player. i am excellent at reading people, i am a people person much like daniel, i watch people for the fun of it, when im not playing poker i still watch people to work out what they are doing and why they are doing it.but again i apologise to anyone i offended.

ah, not the answer that i expected, but a good one none the less....well, good luck with the new years resolutions man, hope they turn out well.
Wow.. I'm impressed with anyone who can live the veagan lifestyle. you must be a strong willed individual. I live in dairyland and this would never happen even if for some weird reason I wanted it to