limping monster hands

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if thats directed at me. Did I say do it all the time?!!? I said given the right situation, and the right situation doesnt come up often, I also say you gotta be good enough to know when limping is ok.
wasn't directed at you, just a general observation and comment. Not even really an original statement...I've heard several comments about players trying to get too fancy with their hands because they see the pros do it on tv. and yes you have to know when limping would be ok...which the pros know. and most of us probably dont. But no, wasn't directed at you, just said Ram Vaswani because someone had mentioned it, and I saw Johnny Chan trap Brunson with AA when Brunson had AQ and caught a Q on the flop.
Holy Off Topic, Batman!Look, I'm not complaining about not getting away from AA. Please read the censored post again. I'm complaining about people who limp AA and ideas how to combat this sudden fad.Jesus Christ.. just don't post unless you read the OP several times. It'll keep you from being wrong and off the topic.
Fine... here's your answer - play solid poker. Mathematically, you only get AA once out every 221 hands, so if your opponent wants to make a pre-flop mistake with it, let him. He's only allowing you a chance to draw out on him cheaply. Where the heck do you think all the 'AA bad beat' whining comes from?Also, your OP states that you play KQ - what position? KQ is not a solid hand, unless you are in late position and the pot hasn't been opened (for no-limit). In this case, you should raise. If he re-raises, you know he has something solid, and you should consider getting away from it.Admittedly, this specific situation is a little trickier in limit.As far as reading your original post, I couldn't possibly read it several times because it was whiny, the content was boring, and the answer is obvious. However, the off-topic discussion is more interesting.And leave Jesus Christ out of this.