Dn Torunament Startegy

Just wondering peoples thoughts on his idea of very rarely re-raising before the flop and trying to see a lot of flops. I tried it last night and it was very successful. Maybe it was just a lucky night, but I am interested in seeing if other people have tried this method.

Just wondering peoples thoughts on his idea of very rarely re-raising before the flop and trying to see a lot of flops. I tried it last night and it was very successful. Maybe it was just a lucky night, but I am interested in seeing if other people have tried this method.
I was gonna make a new topic about it until i saw yours. I just started using it and have been owning up to 65 dollar sngs. people always think i have like ak and call me down w. their 33. I lost 1 tuorney allin QQ vs KQ on a JJ10 flop allin but i dont mind. Ill make it back over the longrun.
Reads. Very important.Folding. Very important. Hitting flops hard. Very important.Knowing when you hit a flop hard. Very important. It works great if they LET you see flops cheap. Don't try seeing raises with junk. You'll likely get hit by a bus.

Live it works yess but online the best way to go is to play ABC poker. Noone will ever pick up that your playing it cause noone ever looks at anythging BUT their 2 cards

i can see that this strategy will work in a mtt, but the dynamics of a sit n go are much different imo because the gears change way too fast to profit from seeing flops with junk hands if you miss it and sacrifice your blinds. less chips to mess around with = short stack strategy?

2 important things here: 1. DN uses this strategy as a way to exploit his postflop advantage against the field. If you don't think you can outplay your opponents postflop, this strategy's worthless.2. This strategy's only viable when you have an M of 20 or higher. Even DN doesn't use it when his stack starts to get short.

One of the most important things about it as well is that its a way of disguising what he's calling with on other hands. Daniel calls a ton of raises with hands like suited connecters anyway, so he mixes in calling with big pairs to help disguise what he's calling with.Another big thing that's specific to his style of play is that he rarely ever reraises without big pairs when he and his opponents are deep stacked. So ... if he picks up AA or KK it'll send red flags and he's unlikely to get any more action. There's two ways to combat this: 1. Reraise with a wider range of hands, or 2. Just call with your big PPs. Daniel choses the second option.