michael moore

Smash, the simple fact that you find it acceptable and "educated" to categorize entire groups of people is pretty ignorant in itself.Based on that fact alone, I'd group you on about the same plane as the "propaganda" spewing conservatives.It's like me saying that all Harvard grads are bipolar maniacs with no concept of social courtesy and respect for others.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sophisticated rhetorical sparring at it's internet zenith.
Yeah, this confirms my philosophy that you're simply a rhetoric fighter in search of a sparring partner...Unfortunately, you keep knocking them out.

Yeah, this confirms my philosophy that you're simply a rhetoric fighter in search of a sparring partner...Unfortunately, you keep knocking them out.I'm a writer, it's what I do. It's not my fault they're bringing a toothpick to a gunfight.

Watch a movie called farenhype 911 if you to see how michael moore put together his film most of the people in the film were interviewed by somebody else michael moore sent out and not told what the interview was auctually going to be used for
So I'm to believe that US Marines DON'T heavily rely on targeting poor ethnic youth to fill their ranks? Or that the White House and Co. DON'T have numerous ties to oil companies and Halliburton? I believe those are facts. And I like the idea for Farenhype, I'm sure he isn't putting the movie out to make money at all...

[quote="Smasharoo"]Yeah, this confirms my philosophy that you're simply a rhetoric fighter in search of a sparring partner...Unfortunately, you keep knocking them out.I'm a writer, it's what I do. It's not my fault they're bringing a toothpick to a gunfight.You being a writer, can you compose me an e-mail that I can send to the woman I love that is slipping away ?? Would be very much appreciated !

Isn't that true?Yeah, mostly.I'm a Harvard dropout, though, so I'm the wrong one to ask about that one.
I lived in Davis Square for three years and that is pretty much my interpretation.There was a new study that Harvard students, compared to other Ivy League schools, are the most unhappy about their place in society and their career situations and mostly, the lack of attention that Harvard professors give their students. Quite interesting.
Moore's film still misses the point.  Check out Alex Jones' 911: The Road to Tyranny.
Haha, I see someone has noticed that we've gotten off-track with our venomous attacks, and is here to set us back on track. :-)

There was a new study that Harvard students, compared to other Ivy League schools, are the most unhappy about their place in society and their career situations and mostly, the lack of attention that Harvard professors give their students. Quite interesting.I saw that.I was very happy, but I was there for free. I just decided that I couldn't write full time and make a bunch of money and spend the next 7 years persuing my PhD in abstract math at the same time. So I became a writer with a math hobby instead of a mathmatician with a wrting hobby.I think I made the right choice. The math theory is something that I can work on whenver I feel like it and I made enough connections while I was an undergrad to get help with it (for the cost of a six pack ussually) when I need it.I might go back at some point, but I'm quite lazy.

yup smash is right, republicans are afraid..... thats why we go fight terrorism instead of waiting for it to hit us. we're not the ones that had chances to have leaders handed to us on a platter and turn them away. i'm not worried about republicans shooting themselves in the foot either though. democrats have made such idiots of themselves all we have to do now is be republican and we win. of course in republican hell, boston, we may not have a chance, but you still have kennedy as your senator so i guess theres no hope for you anyway.we won though, so i'll let it go. but maybe when you all get ex-convicts to vote again you will have a shot. good luck with clinton running for her 3rd term.

yup smash is right, republicans are afraid..... thats why we go fight terrorism instead of waiting for it to hit us.  we're not the ones that had chances to have leaders handed to us on a platter and turn them away.
I would still like for a single Republican to demonstrate how invading Iraq equates to fighting terrorism? Republicans love throw that out there, like we're so noble and brave and no other country has the balls to go out and confront this terror. There are nothing that links Iraq to terror, and the only reason it's become a haven for terror now is because of the environment we've created.
[quote="Smasharoo"]Yeah' date=' this confirms my philosophy that you're simply a rhetoric fighter in search of a sparring partner...Unfortunately, you keep knocking them out.[/b']I'm a writer, it's what I do. It's not my fault they're bringing a toothpick to a gunfight.
You being a writer, can you compose me an e-mail that I can send to the woman I love that is slipping away ?? Would be very much appreciated !Shark:You have got to sack up here. I know it hurts, but a note isn't going to turn anything around. Take JacktheCat's earlier good advice and move on to someone who has less baggage. You've pined for her, slept with her, and been decent to her. If she's still not in pocket by now, it probably ain't gonna happen.Sorry, but no one here is going to be able to save your love life. You've got to pick a path and leave the stragglers behind.Shane
yup smash is right, republicans are afraid..... thats why we go fight terrorism instead of waiting for it to hit us. we're not the ones that had chances to have leaders handed to us on a platter and turn them away.
I would still like for a single Republican to demonstrate how invading Iraq equates to fighting terrorism? Republicans love throw that out there, like we're so noble and brave and no other country has the balls to go out and confront this terror. There are nothing that links Iraq to terror, and the only reason it's become a haven for terror now is because of the environment we've created.
Easy.we 1) know that he had WMD. Yes. Ask anyone. He had them. That's a fact. What he did with them we don't know. We do know that he used them before and under sanctions, would easily sell them for cash (look at the oil-for-food scandal)2) know that Zarqawi was in Iraq well before any invasion and was treated courtesy of Saddam for a leg wound. They may have hated each other, but they needed each other because they both hate the US.3) know that Saddam paid suicide bombers' families $25,ooo. He isn't doing that anymore.
yup smash is right, republicans are afraid..... thats why we go fight terrorism instead of waiting for it to hit us. we're not the ones that had chances to have leaders handed to us on a platter and turn them away.
Easy.we 1) know that he had WMD. Yes. Ask anyone. He had them. That's a fact. What he did with them we don't know. We do know that he used them before and under sanctions, would easily sell them for cash (look at the oil-for-food scandal)2) know that Zarqawi was in Iraq well before any invasion and was treated courtesy of Saddam for a leg wound. They may have hated each other, but they needed each other because they both hate the US.3) know that Saddam paid suicide bombers' families $25,ooo. He isn't doing that anymore.
And the easier rebuttal:1) Yup we know he had them - in the 1980s. How do we know - we looked at the receipt. Donald Rumsfeld was one of the bagmen. Also those gas attacks brought up every so often - guess where he got the intelligence for those attacks? From the CIA. The helicopters - American made.2) Yup one guys there. So let's spend billions on a war to elimiate someone who's not a threat. :roll: 3) And these bombers he paid carried out how many attacks in the US?
Moore's film still misses the point. Check out Alex Jones' 911: The Road to Tyranny.
Haha, I see someone has noticed that we've gotten off-track with our venomous attacks, and is here to set us back on track. :-)
Any chance to get into conspiracy research.

Easy.we 1) know that he had WMD. Yes. Ask anyone. He had them. That's a fact. What he did with them we don't know. We do know that he used them before and under sanctions, would easily sell them for cash (look at the oil-for-food scandal)2) know that Zarqawi was in Iraq well before any invasion and was treated courtesy of Saddam for a leg wound. They may have hated each other, but they needed each other because they both hate the US.3) know that Saddam paid suicide bombers' families $25,ooo. He isn't doing that anymore.And the easier rebuttal:1) Yup we know he had them - in the 1980s. How do we know - we looked at the receipt. Donald Rumsfeld was one of the bagmen. Also those gas attacks brought up every so often - guess where he got the intelligence for those attacks? From the CIA. The helicopters - American made.2) Yup one guys there. So let's spend billions on a war to elimiate someone who's not a threat. :roll: 3) And these bombers he paid carried out how many attacks in the US?1) What did he do with the stockpiles (aka TONS) that the UN and everyone else (including your democratic candidates) acknowledge that he had. Remember, Saddam was supposed to come clean and tell us...he never ever ever did.2) Sure..one guy. A main guy. he's the only one. Saddam was just being cordial to a sadistic man.3) the question was about terror. Not terror in the US. Besides, Saddam would never sell anthrax to someone that wanted to harm the US. Right.

I love how anyone who dislikes Bush is instantly labeled a Kerry lover, and to get over it because "you guys lost".Well first I dislike Kerry as much as Bush. Second, despite what the mass media tries to tell us, there's no fundamental difference between them. They sell the same globalist agenda with a different spin. They are two rich, Yale grads, Skull and Bones members who are even related (and related to both the British royal family and the notorious Vlad the Impaler). For those of you who think what the Bush administration is offering is good conservative government. Read this brilliant speech by Rep. Ron Paul of Texas:http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2...03/cr071003.htm

I'm late on this argument but I really feel that as far as the Iraq issue I have much more knowledge then just about anyone here. My brother is there. All of the soldiers hate it and question our reasons for being there. WMDs HAVE NOT AND WILL NOT BE FOUND. All of the attacks come from Insurgent groups that aren't even Iraqi nationals for the most part. He is stationed where the mess hall attack happened in Dec and has been involved in many numerous firefights and basically has to be a glorified cop. Personally I have been effected by some of the negatives of the Bush regime. My life right now is screwed because of certain aspects of the Patriot Acts. The Acts were really designed to persecute innocent Americans who fall a little outside of the mainstream, as I had and still do to a much lesser extent then before. George Orwell has been proved to be a prophet with everything that is happening today. I don't like having my life being viewed upon by the government whenever they decide to. To those that think communism is a bad thing there is a difference between the Marx version of communism and Lenin formed Communism. Marx's vision is being realized in Europe right now with the Formation of the EU. Marx never envisioned communism to happen in Russia or China as it is a slow process. If you want to argue real points with me all of you bush supporters then go for it, but I honestly doubt you will seeing as I've read all of the responses. If you support the war in Iraq so much then sign up yourself and experience what my brother is experiencing, you will change your tune real fast

Besides, Saddam would never sell anthrax to someone that wanted to harm the US. Right.thank you for pointing that out. so many people have this thinking of 'forget them, its over in Iraq, that they forget how dangerous this man was. he MURDERED thousands and thousands of his own people. i'm sure he would never do anything to harm the US though. unless you have no heart, how could you let that go on?? the world is a safer place with that a-hole no longer running a country.and i have never laughed so hard when i read post after post of people sticking up for michael moore. you've got to be absolutely kidding me. i actually saw the movie (for free, no way i would pay to see that garbage) and you would have to be brainwashed to not see how biased it was. anyone can splice up video, interview the right people, play music in the background to tug on emotions, etc. its called being a movie director. AND - that guy who challenged Moore to actually come up with some solutions..well, i think we'll be waiting forever on that one.the thing people forget is Clinton took over when the economy was on the rise (thank you Bush Sr) , then leaves after crashing it and leaves Bush jr with a mess to clean up along with 9/11 on top of that. people dont understand the economic damage that was done because of 9/11. and as always as i tell the liberals who hate it so much here, why dont you just leave the country? it may be a pretty childish thing to say but if it's so bad, no one is making you stay. and if you can do something to change it - do it then. you democrats just want everything handed to you. go out and work for something in your life - you'll be a lot happierand just in case you forgot, bush won the election by millions of votes....you democrats are in the minority despite this theory that everyone hates the president, blah blah....so what if it was mostly because of religious reasons - if the democrats arent smart enough to figure out whom to talk to when trying to win an election, thats not the republicans fault.

and as always as i tell the liberals who hate it so much here, why dont you just leave the country? it may be a pretty childish thing to say but if it's so bad, no one is making you stay. and if you can do something to change it - do it then. you democrats just want everything handed to you. go out and work for something in your life - you'll be a lot happierand just in case you forgot, bush won the election by millions of votes....you democrats are in the minority despite this theory that everyone hates the president, blah blah....so what if it was mostly because of religious reasons - if the democrats arent smart enough to figure out whom to talk to when trying to win an election, thats not the republicans fault.
yes it is an extremely xchildish thing to say. This country was founded on one of the most liberal documents ever written in the Federalist Papers. Maybe you should read it. No where does it advocate the perversions that this current governemt practices. It should also be noted that Gore won the election in 2000. I am also a proponent of the electoral college system and the key to the 200 election was that the florida ballots were so fucked up that people actually thought that Old Jewish people would vote for a biggot like Pat Buchanen. Donald Rumsfeld has misled this country on Iraq and continues to do so. We don't belong in Iraq. Shopuld we just go into every country that we disagree with. Why not invade Cuba, Libya, North Korea. Saddamm was not our buisness as we have let horable regimes in the past exist without our invasion. Why didn't we invade Brazil or Chile when it was controlled by military dictators, they were no worse then Sadaam