good to see the old mucker back

So is it uncool to be a fan of US Soccer?No, so long as you realize they're something like the 48th best team in the world, and won't get too upset when they lose to Micronesia.
i thought they were ranked 10th?
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please explain to me the fascination with soccer? I apparently just don't get it? We had the world cup qualifier in town yesterday and I know (wait let me count 2...4...7....yeah that sounds right) exactly 0 people that went. I'm not bashing it or anything I just don't understand why in some countries it is so popular. A little help.
how can you describe something like why you like soccer?I mean it's a great game and what else can you say about it.You might not like it but obviously everyone else in the entire world loves it.some people just can't get into it and thats fine.I find baseball extremely boring and i can't get into it, but i understand that in the US it's popular for whatever reason.
Can someone please explain to me the fascination with soccer? I apparently just don't get it? We had the world cup qualifier in town yesterday and I know (wait let me count 2...4...7....yeah that sounds right) exactly 0 people that went. I'm not bashing it or anything I just don't understand why in some countries it is so popular. A little help.
how can you describe something like why you like soccer?I mean it's a great game and what else can you say about it.You might not like it but obviously everyone else in the entire world loves it.some people just can't get into it and thats fine.I find baseball extremely boring and i can't get into it, but i understand that in the US it's popular for whatever reason.
Meh...I don't know. I was just curious what the big fascination with it is. :?
Meh...I don't know. I was just curious what the big fascination with it is. :?
its about the constan action. the wait up until a goal can be utterly tremendous. In 99 when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer put in that corner in extra time to get the Champions League Trophy it was just amazing, a feeling that can't be described. Its poetry in motion. The game can be so skillful and sublime while being brutish at the same time. Its about the team concept and individual brilliance combined. Most of all its emotion
this thread is surely not done yet ?? Have you no more ideas on how I get this woman ??
Hi Rising, good to see another West Country boy on here (the sw in my name is for South West, just living and working in Leeds...)ANYHOOIf you want her to want you, you must make yourself less available. Everyone who's posted that you should move on is dead right. Don't start being an a$$hole or anything to her, just hang out with different people, don't mail her much, have other stuff going on, definitely see other women. Don't have time to listen to her problems. Let her find girlfriends for that.Most of the women I know like a lot of emotional stimulus - they love to feel, to empathise with and experience drama. Why are soaps so popular? Hang out with some girls and listen to them talk- really listen. They will talk much more about how stuff affects them emotionally rather than the fact-based discussion that blokes have. She stays with this dude because of the drama it gives to her life. In the absence of positive emotion, negative is better than none.
Can someone tell me what an old mucker is?
Get in there sunshine, good question ! Its like when you see a good friend of yours and you say hiya pal or something along those lines.In context 'How you doing my old mucker ?' I hope this answers your question or if someone else can do a better job, feel free !
this thread is surely not done yet ?? Have you no more ideas on how I get this woman ??
Hi Rising, good to see another West Country boy on here (the sw in my name is for South West, just living and working in Leeds...)ANYHOOIf you want her to want you, you must make yourself less available. Everyone who's posted that you should move on is dead right. Don't start being an a$$hole or anything to her, just hang out with different people, don't mail her much, have other stuff going on, definitely see other women. Don't have time to listen to her problems. Let her find girlfriends for that.Most of the women I know like a lot of emotional stimulus - they love to feel, to empathise with and experience drama. Why are soaps so popular? Hang out with some girls and listen to them talk- really listen. They will talk much more about how stuff affects them emotionally rather than the fact-based discussion that blokes have. She stays with this dude because of the drama it gives to her life. In the absence of positive emotion, negative is better than none.
Nice one buddy, I think you may well be spot on !!
Nice one buddy, I think you may well be spot on !!
Also, has anyone got any ideas for an e-mail to send her along the lines that I have found someone else !
Can someone please explain to me the fascination with soccer?  I apparently just don't get it?  We had the world cup qualifier in town yesterday and I know (wait let me count 2...4...7....yeah that sounds right) exactly 0 people that went.  I'm not bashing it or anything I just don't understand why in some countries it is so popular.  A little help.
Unlike most sports here in the US, scoring in football (soccer) is at a premium. There can be end to end action, shots hitting the woodwork (post or crossbar), and there's no feeling like seeing your team break through in the 89th minute to hit a winner. I'm not of the opinion that everyone should like the sport, to each their own, but I'm just telling you what I love about it. And the passion that most europeans have for their teams far surpasses what you feel for your local baseball or football team. In England, at least, football is on par with religion.
And the passion that most europeans have for their teams far surpasses what you feel for your local baseball or football team. In England, at least, football is on par with religion.
I'm from Boston. This statement rings a little hollow.
Most people in other countries have exactly the same problem understanding why American Football is so popular with you guys.FFS only two players on each team actually play the ball with their feet and the rest use their hands. Shouldn't it more correctly be called American Handball? PS. I am not one of the people mentioned above. I love the game and the Steelers in particular - damn those pesky Pats :evil:
Can someone tell me what an old mucker is?
Get in there sunshine, good question ! Its like when you see a good friend of yours and you say hiya pal or something along those lines.In context 'How you doing my old mucker ?' I hope this answers your question or if someone else can do a better job, feel free !
Its obviously a Swindon thing. Those hicks from the sticks do tend to talk funny. :D