I watched the Florida Kansas game, and it seemed like they needed to get every possible break in the last 10 minutes to beat them. Literally everything went Kansas's way and they still nearly lost, I think Florida is the better team. In a seven game series I think Florida beats them 4-2.Can't wait for tonight.
I think Kansas is the third most talented team behind UNC and Florida. KU's problem is the execution in the half-court offense. Living in Kansas City i watch all their games (as i was a big KU fan when Roy was there and still like them) and when they play a team that can control the tempo, like A&M did the other night, they can struggle. KU doesnt have a solid identity, like UNC with the up-tempo and UCLA with defense. Sometimes KU pushes it and sometimes they play slow. I think they need to push it all the time, they have speed and depth, just like UNC. Sherron Collins is as good as Ty Lawson, and Rush and Wright can run the floor. But I dont think Bill Self wants to play that way, so who knows.
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UNC played like garbage the first half, Tyler, Ty Wayne all played pretty poorly. The only person who I thought played decently the first half was Terry, I suppose Wright was pretty solid too. Roy did a great job giving Frazor and Miller extended time in the back court early in the second half to pick up the defense. Once they took the lead with just over 5 minutes to play you could tell Duke was falling to the pressure. The one kid for Duke had a great game before fouling out, he was hitting a ton of shots.Overall I am happy we won, but I'm not happy hard it was. Classic rivalry game. Duke is 5 and 5 in conference, the ACC is silly tough this year.

Another loss to Va Tech tonight. This time at home. I didnt see it, so i cant really comment.
I didn't get to see it either, only about two minutes of footage during a check in that espn did while another game was at halftime. They had a shot to win it, just didn't get it off in time.
  • 3 weeks later...

Got the one seed, then got arguably the toughest road to the Final Four of the #1 seeds..., Georgetown as a 2, Texas as a 4...I was kind of hoping for a two seed with an easier route to the Final Four.

• 2 weeks later...

I think patrick ewing must have been giving hand jobs to the refs at halftime because Hibbard should have been fouled out with 2 minutes left to go in the game not to mention committing 3 in the OT that were never called. What a joke. In a 7 game series UNC beats GT 5 of 7, I hope OSU rips them a new one next weekend.

I think patrick ewing must have been giving hand jobs to the refs at halftime because Hibbard should have been fouled out with 2 minutes left to go in the game not to mention committing 3 in the OT that were never called. What a joke. In a 7 game series UNC beats GT 5 of 7, I hope OSU rips them a new one next weekend.
UNC blew a 10 point lead with 7 minutes left, then got absolutely CRUSHED in OTstop trying to blame the refs

That ending was brutal. I've never seen that good of a team shoot that poorly at the end of a game. The refs didnt call some close ones at the end, but thats to be expected. I are dissapointed and sad.

UNC blew a 10 point lead with 7 minutes left, then got absolutely CRUSHED in OTstop trying to blame the refs
What pile of rocks did you crawl out from under? You haven't discussed college ball all year until the final four... Shouldn't you be scouting picks for the Eagles so you can complain on draft day about how incompetent the front office is? There were so many obvious calls they missed it was ridiculous. On the other hand because they weren't getting any calls going inside they resorted to settling for jumpers and didn't have the best shooters in the game at that point. One of the few stints of bad coaching by Roy this year. As long as no one goes pro which I don't see happening next year will be another preseason #1.
I mean maybe the refs missed one or two at the end BUT:Free Throws Attempted:UNC: 34 Gtown: 18And before overtime those numbers were: UNC: 32 Gtown 10KIND OF HARD TO MAKE THE ARGUMENT THAT YOUR TEAM WAS SCREWED BY THE REFS WHEN YOU SHOT 22 MORE FREE THROWS THAN THE OTHER TEAM DID DURING REGULATION. just sayin. :club:
KIND OF HARD TO MAKE THE ARGUMENT THAT YOUR TEAM WAS SCREWED BY THE REFS WHEN YOU SHOT 22 MORE FREE THROWS THAN THE OTHER TEAM DID DURING REGULATION. just sayin. :club:
Did you watch the game? GT was shooting jumpers most the first 1/2, thats why they were not getting to the line. There was a disparity because UNC was going to the basket everytime down the floor.Basically every type of call they were making the first 30 minutes of the game, they stopped the last 10 which is a horrible way to officiate a game. The inconsistency is horrid. Same with the OSU games, remember Oden tossing that kid from Xavier into the press seats and just getting a foul call not an intentional like it should have been which would have lost the game for OSU, guy from Memphis does a similar but less aggressive foul on him to stop a layup and it's a flagrant. You can't call a game one way, then switch it later.
What pile of rocks did you crawl out from under? You haven't discussed college ball all year until the final four... Shouldn't you be scouting picks for the Eagles so you can complain on draft day about how incompetent the front office is? There were so many obvious calls they missed it was ridiculous. On the other hand because they weren't getting any calls going inside they resorted to settling for jumpers and didn't have the best shooters in the game at that point. One of the few stints of bad coaching by Roy this year. As long as no one goes pro which I don't see happening next year will be another preseason #1.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAFirst the Cowboys, then UNC.Do you ever root for a team that DOESNT choke????
Did you watch the game? GT was shooting jumpers most the first 1/2, thats why they were not getting to the line. There was a disparity because UNC was going to the basket everytime down the floor.Basically every type of call they were making the first 30 minutes of the game, they stopped the last 10 which is a horrible way to officiate a game. The inconsistency is horrid. Same with the OSU games, remember Oden tossing that kid from Xavier into the press seats and just getting a foul call not an intentional like it should have been which would have lost the game for OSU, guy from Memphis does a similar but less aggressive foul on him to stop a layup and it's a flagrant. You can't call a game one way, then switch it later.
I did watch the entire game. I still stand by my opinion. You cant whine about the refs if you shoot 22 more FTs in regulation. You can ratonialize it all you want. as far as I am concerned, this tournament hammered home the point that UNC (and Duke) get ALL the calls. If you like the opinion of someone other than me try Bill Simmons:(Put it this way: There were an inordinate amount of bad calls over the past few days, but the second half of the USC-UNC game took the cake. When Packer excoriated Tim Floyd for getting a technical in the final minute on Friday night after the Gibson call, I was thinking the opposite -- I felt like Floyd didn't go far enough. He should have taken off his clothes and thrown them on the court. That was ridiculous. Did we ever figure out why UNC got so many calls this month? How could a physical game like Georgetown-UNC feature a 25-5 FT disparity at one point? That's impossible!)