Flopped A Monster From Mp

.25/.50 NL game on bodog (no converter) table usually has a lot of limpers but not much raising or bettingHero has 17.50Mc1roB has 36.85fammay has 22.00 (new to table, posted BB)FLAFISH03 has 5.91 (SB for .25banker78 has 27.85 (BB for .50)Preflophero has 7 :D 8 :D 1 fold, Mc1roB calls .50, 1 fold, fammay checks, hero calls .50, 2 folds, FLAFISH03 calls .25, banker78 checksFlop7 :club: 8 :D 8 :) FLAFISH03 checks, banker78 bets 1.00, Mc1roB calls 1.00, fammay calls 1.00, hero ?do i call here hoping to get the SB to call and one of the many draws to hit on the turn?can i put in a small raise and hope to get a 3 callers?

hero calls. you've got three players in front of you going to the turn.if it checks to you on the turn, you fire a bet.If the action repeats itself on the turn, THEN raise.My .02Edit; There's also an argument that, if the action repeats itself on the turn, you can just smooth call again. But if you do, and the river action makes it check to you... you bet, but you have to value bet.

With 3 people already calling one bet i think you could get away with a small raise here...most of these guys probably have the "in for a dime, in for a dollar" mentality and will call just because they've already put money in on this street they feel they've gotta see the next card anyways.then the pot is that much bigger on the turn so if/when they hit their draws, you'll get that much more out of them. (hopefully because they think they've now sucked out on your lone 8)Calling isnt a bad play either, but they may be more willing to throw their hands away if you wake up on the turn in a small pot. It is more fun for them to make their hands on the turn and do all the betting&raising for you in these spots though.Really this is a nice problem to have, you cant go too wrong with either play...although id probably put in a small raise and slowly draw them in while they still think they're drawing live.

With 3 people already calling one bet i think you could get away with a small raise here...most of these guys probably have the "in for a dime, in for a dollar" mentality and will call just because they've already put money in on this street they feel they've gotta see the next card anyways.then the pot is that much bigger on the turn so if/when they hit their draws, you'll get that much more out of them. (hopefully because they think they've now sucked out on your lone 8)Calling isnt a bad play either, but they may be more willing to throw their hands away if you wake up on the turn in a small pot. It is more fun for them to make their hands on the turn and do all the betting&raising for you in these spots though.Really this is a nice problem to have, you cant go too wrong with either play...although id probably put in a small raise and slowly draw them in while they still think they're drawing live.
Yes, all true, however you stand to make a lot more on the turn. Its possible that a raise, even a small will create check/calls on the turn if anyone is worried about having an over pair, or weak flush etcespecially if someone else has trip 8's that their kicker hasnt paired with, and Yes, i'm willing to gamble on the idea that they wont boat up.and there is also the flush possibilty.lots of people would love a re-raise when they make their flush on the turnOther wise, call is good, let someone lead out the turn, and then raise.

I like a smooth call on the flop. If one of the villains leads the turn, you can get all-in with a normal raise.

If you can help it (meaning you don't make a "call" on the turn for 4/5ths of your chips), don't push the rest in until the river. At this level and at this site, nobody has a hand that has better than a minute chance of sucking out on you. Let them catch up as much as possible and I have a hard time thinking no one will pay you off on the river. Just my .02 from playing at lot of NL at bodog.

thanks for the advice guysi actually raised $2 to $3, thinking they would all come along with me for a discount price. unfortunately, only fammay came along with meturn was 3 :club: fammay bets $3, hero callsi guess he liked this spade, although he didnt bet too much, so maybe a lower flush or possibly straight draw and wants to represent the flush?river was Q :D fammay bets $4, hero raises $7 to $11 and is all in, fammay foldswith his play, im guessing he had the straight draw and possibly made a small flush on the riverhero starts with 17.50, ends with 30.30, so almost a double up, not what i wanted, but a lot better than not getting any action

Unless you have been raising a lot of flops, bluffing or betting in a similar paired board situations I'd just call. Hopefully, they make their flush or straight and are silly enough to over commit on a paired board.