So when Party and other sites shut its doors to US players, there was an increase in players at Stars and Tilt. A small amount of players joined in over at UB but not nearly as many as at Tilt. (I have seen over 40k players at Tilt at peak times now and UB barely 20k).I think UB has the best if not 2nd best software out there (Tilt is close if not better). The structure at UB for its tournies is great. (Tilt's middle stages are a bit better). I have been at UB for 3+ years now, and it is the site I have always had the most $$ at. I just dont understand why more fish dont go to UB. Is it the fact that Tilt hasso mnay big name pros? Do ppl really hate Hellmuth that much? Advertising? What do you guys think? Or I ma off my rocker as usual?

So when Party and other sites shut its doors to US players, there was an increase in players at Stars and Tilt. A small amount of players joined in over at UB but not nearly as many as at Tilt. (I have seen over 40k players at Tilt at peak times now and UB barely 20k).I think UB has the best if not 2nd best software out there (Tilt is close if not better). The structure at UB for its tournies is great. (Tilt's middle stages are a bit better). I have been at UB for 3+ years now, and it is the site I have always had the most $$ at. I just dont understand why more fish dont go to UB. Is it the fact that Tilt hasso mnay big name pros? Do ppl really hate Hellmuth that much? Advertising? What do you guys think? Or I ma off my rocker as usual?
Johnny tell him what hes wonlol JK

Tilt has better advertising. Stars has better name recognition. Tilt especially came out quickly and definitively said "We're here to stay". I ended up at Tilt because of that. Probably would have moved my Party roll to Stars had they stated up front that they were staying.

I've deposited at UB a few times in my online career and never done very well there for whatever reason, but I doubt that has much of anything to do with it. I understand that UB has great software (objectively speaking) but I've never liked it very well, it works fast, which is good, but I'm not a fan of the way it's set up or the way it looks. But, to answer your real question, I just think other sites do a much better job of advertising. FullTilt's play with the pros campaign has worked great for them. Stars has former world champs and UB has Hellmuth and Annie Duke, which is great, but I rarely even see commercials for the site.

I've deposited at UB a few times in my online career and never done very well there for whatever reason, but I doubt that has much of anything to do with it. I understand that UB has great software (objectively speaking) but I've never liked it very well, it works fast, which is good, but I'm not a fan of the way it's set up or the way it looks. But, to answer your real question, I just think other sites do a much better job of advertising. FullTilt's play with the pros campaign has worked great for them. Stars has former world champs and UB has Hellmuth and Annie Duke, which is great, but I rarely even see commercials for the site.
word. ive done okay at ub, thats where i started. i love their tourney structures, but therye more focused on turbo rebuy satellites than anything else. and i hate the program, i mean it runs fast, its easy to use but it looks like crap

Its werid how what you start with you like those that started on UB love the software those that didn't don't like it. Damn Bill gates is smart man for putting mircosoft in schools and letting everyone get used to it. But as to why more people didn't gravitate over there i would agree with cinci that its all marketing. and I would also say tournments drive the fish, UB doesn't run enough touraments at small stakes to get the entry level fish comfortable with it. Stars you can play a 2 3 5 10 dollar tournament everyone ten mins it seems like, and they have normal rebuys that pay out cash and not some dumb Entry to another tourament. The one other thing UB Lost was the big game online UB used to be the site of the biggest regular games online and where you went to watch thousands get tossed back and fourth not anymore. So i think its a combo of pooor marketing and poor market postioning.

Probably just a small effect but they were late to the commercial game. You see more now but way behind party, stars and FT. Also their commercials suck I mean they look like a rank local station amatuer made them. If I didn't know it was a good site I would be wary of putting money on their cause they look so amatuerish. Just my two cents. I like UB hope it can get more traffic (fish).

yeah the advertising side fo the game is where UB loses by far. Their commercials have Annie Duke talking in her living room. does ub have skins? they used to have PokerShare, but I dont know of any now. That may lead to some of the problems too.

I think the softwares great except its not as compatible with PT as i would like. I havent kept much on there because they just dont have big enough tournaments, thus not enough fish in the cash games. They have the best structure of any site. I think tilt will overtake stars in the next few years because of their marketing.