Ftops Event #1

here's an interesting hand:i raise KQJ9 ds in ep. aggressive, good player repots, i call.flop QQK. i check, he checks.turn 2. i check, he checks.river A. i check, he checks.discuss. (i played it perfectly, IMHO :club: )

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, my point was largely that you like a lot of cards on the turn, and that you have a decent chance to bust someone if you get this HU. if you get chips early, you won't be gambling for YOUR stack late. depends a lot on table texture though, i guess.
I'm all for gambling to accumulate early, but I just think this is a bad gamble for me to take, since i've A) already accumulated a nice stack, and B) think there's a chance I'm drawing for only half the pot (minus a few outs to make me 2 pair if 2 pair is even good).
I'm all for gambling to accumulate early, but I just think this is a bad gamble for me to take, since i've A) already accumulated a nice stack, and B) think there's a chance I'm drawing for only half the pot (minus a few outs to make me 2 pair if 2 pair is even good).
agreed, i totally understand call, shove, and fold on that flop. weird situation for sure.

out:Full Tilt Poker Game #1231031106: FTOPS Event #1 (7919549), Table 15 - 50/100 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo - 17:37:43 ET - 2006/11/11Seat 1: HoosierAlum (1,605)Seat 2: tranquilo (7,337)Seat 3: Cooler King (6,170)Seat 4: FoosMonger (3,440)Seat 5: Plast (4,500)Seat 6: Eyedoc12 (6,809)Seat 7: booya24 (1,055)Seat 8: mylo (2,883)Seat 9: A 2 X (3,146)Eyedoc12 posts the small blind of 50booya24 posts the big blind of 100The button is in seat #5*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to HoosierAlum [8d Ac As 2s]mylo foldsA 2 X foldsHoosierAlum raises to 350tranquilo foldsCooler King foldsFoosMonger foldsPlast foldsEyedoc12 calls 300booya24 folds*** FLOP *** [5d 4c Qs]Eyedoc12 bets 800HoosierAlum raises to 1,255, and is all inEyedoc12 calls 455HoosierAlum shows [8d Ac As 2s]Eyedoc12 shows [Th Ah Qh 4d]*** TURN *** [5d 4c Qs] [Js]*** RIVER *** [5d 4c Qs Js] [Qd]HoosierAlum shows two pair, Aces and Queens, for highEyedoc12 shows a full house, Queens full of Fours, for highEyedoc12 wins the pot (3,310) with a full house, Queens full of FoursHoosierAlum stands upNo low hand qualified*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3,310 | Rake 0Board: [5d 4c Qs Js Qd]Seat 1: HoosierAlum showed [8d Ac As 2s] and lost with HI: two pair, Aces and QueensSeat 2: tranquilo didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: Cooler King didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: FoosMonger didn't bet (folded)Seat 5: Plast (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: Eyedoc12 (small blind) showed [Th Ah Qh 4d] and won (3,310) with HI: a full house, Queens full of FoursSeat 7: booya24 (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 8: mylo didn't bet (folded)Seat 9: A 2 X didn't bet (folded)

here's an interesting hand:i raise KQJ9 ds in ep. aggressive, good player repots, i call.flop QQK. i check, he checks.turn 2. i check, he checks.river A. i check, he checks.discuss. (i played it perfectly, IMHO :club: )
You are check raising turn or betting non A river right? Looks like a good trap play, too bad he didn't fall for it.

more updates:gobears86 (13) - 4100checkymcfold (17) - 4647troyomac (19) - 10018BMH (30K) lost a couple pots and just knocked out a shortie.107K, good enough for 1/23, with 2nd and 3rd biggest stacks in the tourney on his right, at a 6-handed table.edit - gank also at 13, with 6518 chips

last one since i'm heading out.256 left, 99 pay. average is 7300.checky at 7222, gank at 6754, troyomac at 6318.BMH took a huge hit in the 30K, but obviously worked it back up already. is now 3/9 in a pretty tight field.good luck gentlemen (and checky) :club:

last one since i'm heading out.256 left, 99 pay. average is 7300.checky at 7222, gank at 6754, troyomac at 6318.BMH took a huge hit in the 30K, but obviously worked it back up already. is now 3/9 in a pretty tight field.good luck gentlemen (and checky) :club:
LOL.

busto. 2p and 3rd nut low < 2nd nut low and flush in blind battle. i love poker. couldn't really write it up better than that. donktastic huge stack passives me to death with a drawing hand. LOL@him promptly folding a bb for 1k more when dude is all in HU and blinds are 3/600.gl troyo! you got the unlucky seat though, lol.

busto. 2p and 3rd nut low < 2nd nut low and flush in blind battle. i love poker. couldn't really write it up better than that. donktastic huge stack passives me to death with a drawing hand. LOL@him promptly folding a bb for 1k more when dude is all in HU and blinds are 3/600.gl troyo! you got the unlucky seat though, lol.
Thanks man. Are you watching me? Do you see how bad I suck, and how lucky I am?God I'm bad at this game, lol.