Pretty good episode. Glad they got right to Hannah admitting she drugged Deb.

The biggest question I have is about the final scene. Dexter's plan was to use Estrada's gun to shoot Laguerta. Since Deb shot her, that plan wouldn't work. So did they just dump the bodies? If Laguerta is missing, that's probably going to raise a lot of questions.

Sucks we have to wait 9 months to find out.

Only thing I could think of when I watched was swapping the barrels of Laguerta and Deb's guns, so that the ballistics will match the bullet to Laguerta's own gun and make it look like Hector killed her with it somehow. If they are both department issue sidearms of the same caliber and make/model, would take about 15 seconds to accomplish.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fade to black after Hannah starts to take Harrison for ice cream before we find out what happened to Dexter — I’m sure that had some fans starting to howl at their screens. Was that a deliberate f

So I was watching the latest Dexter, stewing about what an awful actress his sister is, and I decided to look up her Wiki, to see what producer her father was, to enable her to get that job, because I

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

But how does Laguerta kill Estrada with her gun and then get killed by her gun?

What actually happened:

Dexter takes Laguerta's gun and shoots Estrada through the knife wound.

Deb shoots Laguerta with her own gun.

What it looks like if you swap the barrels and get a sworn statement from Deb:

Laguerta was shot with her own gun by Estrada after a struggle.

Deb shot Estrada with her gun in response to his murder of Laguerta.

I can't be positive, but pausing the Youtube vid of the final scene sure looks like both women carry identical Glock 26's, so it's plausible that's the way the writers will get Dex and Deb out of this mess.

That makes sense.

And I know you guys all hate Deb's acting, but looking back I thought it was pretty damn good this season.

I've never really had a problem with her, but she was especially good this season. I think their real-life conflict carries over to the show in a great way.

I will always hate Deb and think her acting is really terrible, but I thought this season was definitely top 3.... but probably 3rd, after Trinity, and then Doaks.

In comparison to past seasons, her acting has become much better.

I also just finished rewatching season 3, and will probably do 5 and 6 next. I remember hating season 3, but it's actually better the 2nd time around.

At first he was the mysterious new guy who Deb didn't trust. Then he became Doakes 2.0, suspecting Dexter of being "Creep Motherf**ker 2.0." Then he slept with Deb and backed off of Dexter. Now he's Miami Metro's Numero Uno f*** up; an emaciated scarecrow who can barely holster his weapon. At one point, last year, I wanted either Batista or Quinn to bite it. Being partners, Batista had basically become "expendable by association." And Batista could have died when he got caught by Travis, and Quinn could have used that death as an inspiration to crawl up out of his misery pit. But none of that happened, and now I really just want Quinn, and only Quinn, to die. It could even be in the Season 8 premiere, like they did with Mike Anderson. And it doesn't even need to be that noble. He could fall down an open manhole or accidentally choke on a peanut he found on the ground.

His tombstone could read: "Quinn Died As He Lived. Wasting Valuable Screen Time"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/21/dexter-what-we-want-from-season-8

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Just got caught up. I'm really surprised that a lot of you liked last season. I didn't have a problem with the storyline or the acting, I just thought it was boring. There wasn't enough suspense compared to the other seasons.

I don't know, I guess deb knowing added a new sense of drama. I think I liked it. I feel like I liked it but i haven't gone back to see what I said during the season. But I still love this show overall.

• 2 months later...

8 more days!

Can't wait. Bart Scott.gif

I appreciate it but you guys didn't have to start a countdown to my birthday.

ep 1

LOL you know, I watched episode 1 and I was thinking the whole time, you knwo, this isn't too absurd. Maybe they are going to end the show on a reasonable arc. Deb is self destructive, some britsh super cop suspects Dex is a killer, things are working out... and then.... She turns out to be his mother figure.. what in the ****.. this show.. I tell ya..

• Like 1

I mean I like the show. It's entertaining but it could have been the GOAT.

I think a big problem is that the show just never had a large budget so they had to use second rate writers. You always knew when you saw a new character that they would be part of something central because they couldn't afford to pay for too many actors.