Poker Channel 24/7

Maybe this is just a wish, but hey we have a food channel , several shopping channels, y not a poker channel?any thoughts?

Maybe this is just a wish, but hey we have a food channel , several shopping channels, y not a poker channel?any thoughts?
The average person supposidly has 8 thoughts a year that could make them millionaires, how they know this I dont know but I think a poker channel is possibly one of these ideas. The problem may come in purchasing rights to the tournaments, for instance ESPN wouldnt be too keen on relinquishing rights to WSOP events etc etc so the list of tournaments available to screen mite be a bit small.That weird guy was on here a few weeks ago blabbing on about how he was abig media exec and wanted to reach out to people for their ideas on connecting with people or something, you shld go pick his brains, lol

very funny ha hai am serious and don't have a gambling problemI like poker.Very difficult to find poker on tv, between looking on the travel channel, or espn and gsn, is there any others????

The average person supposidly has 8 thoughts a year that could make them millionaires, how they know this I dont know but I think a poker channel is a great idea. The problem may come in purchasing rights to the tournaments, for instance ESPN wouldnt be too keen on relinquishing rights to WSOP events etc etc so the list of tournaments available to screen mite be a bit small.
Yah, therein lies the problem.. Any poker channel would likely be controlled by ESPN, meaning there'd be no WPT, no HU Championships, no Poker Superstars International, no PokerDome, no Celebrity Poker Showdown, no whateverthatoneonfoxistheyplayattheplaza, no High Stakes Poker.
1-800-GAMBLERIt really helps.
..and I add nothing to this forum.

ESPN is the network I thought could pull it off, and frankly the only one.somone must have suggested this in the past.sure there would be enough advertiserswonder why this has not come about yet??any thoughts?

if there were money in it, rupert murdoch wlda jumped it!!I dont think the market is big enough yet, too much segmentation and it effectivly controlled at the moment by WSOP and WPT. These tounrements would provide the bulk of programming. Still where theres a will theres a way, crazier things have happened

if there were money in it, rupert murdoch wlda jumped it!!I dont think the market is big enough yet, too much segmentation and it effectivly controlled at the moment by WSOP and WPT. These tounrements would provide the bulk of programming. Still where theres a will theres a way, crazier things have happened
All it takes is the idea and someone with connections at espn and maybe a bankroll??I just know this is good idea, when i am in the mood to watch poker , there isn't any? I know I can not be the only one.
All it takes is the idea and someone with connections at espn and maybe a bankroll??I just know this is good idea, when i am in the mood to watch poker , there isn't any? I know I can not be the only one.
I really have a hard time believing that you have that little poker programming on your cable network..but, as it's been explained, there's really not enough stuff out there to do it. You know how quickly they'd run out of WSOP events to show? Sure, during the events you might get a nice one or two hour update on that day's action, but, what're you gonna do with the other 22-23 hours out of the day? 12 hours of infomercials and then just keep running the 03, 04, 05 and 06 Main Events over and over again?
I really have a hard time believing that you have that little poker programming on your cable network..but, as it's been explained, there's really not enough stuff out there to do it. You know how quickly they'd run out of WSOP events to show? Sure, during the events you might get a nice one or two hour update on that day's action, but, what're you gonna do with the other 22-23 hours out of the day? 12 hours of infomercials and then just keep running the 03, 04, 05 and 06 Main Events over and over again?
Sure I understand what you are saying but why not show these other events that are not televised? such as the satellites and like the tourney daniel just went to in Niagra Falls?There is an audience for this I do know
Sure I understand what you are saying but why not show these other events that are not televised? such as the satellites and like the tourney daniel just went to in Niagra Falls?There is an audience for this I do know
When the Food Network started they didn't have alot of decent programming it takes time to come up with orginal stuff.not just tourney, they could have real ppl, not celebs play in a tourneythey could have an audience participation like show, with the winner getting his/her's buy in to a certain event paid for/ and this event could be the sponser of the show?I do hope I am making sense, been up since 4 am yesterday playing going to bed now, lol
Fairly certain the Niagara tournament was a WPT Event..and, I really don't think I'd want to watch a bunch of sleep deprived bastards play single table satelites..but, hey, maybe that's your bag.
Fairly certain the Niagara tournament was a WPT Event..and, I really don't think I'd want to watch a bunch of sleep deprived bastards play single table satelites..but, hey, maybe that's your bag.
It would have to be better than that Pokerdome

The Poker Channel will be a reality sooner than we think. The SPEED Channel (racing) is flourishing as are other channels dedicated to people's lifestyles. The Poker Channel will need additional content possibly the new PPL could help provide it. The GOlf Channel has just obtained the rights for the PGA TOUR early week telecasts all year long. It is felt that this will help fans find golf on tv during the week since it will be on the same channel week in and week out.I watched the PPV telecast of the WSOP ME Final table live for 13 hours. ESPN does a very good of making the thousands of hands interesting. I suspect we're not quite ready for live poker on television, but lots of highlight segements of events will be a sure winner along with shows hosted by our favorite poker stars.It's a good idea and likely to be profitable. SOmeone is likely to do it soon.Best --Burgerman

Problems with a poker channel:- ESPN owns WSOP and isn't likely to license it out- Travel chanel owns WPT and isn't likely to license it out- FSN owns HSP and isn't likely to license it out- NBC owns NHUPC, Late Night Poker, PPL (I think) but you get the idea- there are far fewer hardcore poker watcher than you'd think (specially if you hang out in a poker forum and/or a cardroom)- with online poker getting the beat down there are fewer advertisers- poorly produced poker shows suck- it costs real money to film/produce a decent showSimple solution:- get a tivo, go to wishlist, select "interests/poker" and autorecord. You'll get about 8 hours a day. A lot of it garbage. A lot of it repeats. But certainly more poker content than anyone "without a gambling problem" could watch.I wouldn't mind seeing a poker channel. My wife would hate it though :)Things like "live at the bike" with just a little more production value would be cool. You could easily to a TV version of "The Circuit" that would be worth watching. Instructional shows would be way cool - imagine a 12 part series with Joe Navarro on tells - I'd TIVO that bad boy in a second. Just don't think any of that is going to happen unless poker gets even more popular and it loses some more of that puritan gambling stigma.

Simple solution:- get a tivo, go to wishlist, select "interests/poker" and autorecord. You'll get about 8 hours a day.
Most of that would be repeats of Poker Superstars.In any given week, I'd say there's around 6-8 "hours" of new poker content on cable.
Most of that would be repeats of Poker Superstars.In any given week, I'd say there's around 6-8 "hours" of new poker content on cable.
Not where i live. I have been seeing the same content day after day after dayi look everyday, I can say I don't remember the last time i saw anything new.I have all the espn, travel and gsndoes anyone know of anyother channels i can check outand thanks to all who have responded to my threadalot of great comments and suggestionsalso maybe a show like pardon the interruptionand another like an interivew show like AE biography with some of the poker superstars

Catch all the action – Live at 4pm EST today! For the first time ever, the World Series of Poker LIVEgo to the site : World series of poker for more info. LIVE POKER TODAY so I guess someone is readyand I SURE AM

gimeabrak, i went to middle school w/ the girl on your avatitarHonkyTonkHeroAND what is your name and what city and state are you in??? since i know this person very well, I can pass on a message if u like