Kk Oop Without Many Chips

This is more about tackling a general situation than analyzing a specific hand, though one has prompted the question. When reviewing a MTT HH yesterday I came across the following hand:Blinds at 200/400 and I'm in the SB with 5100 chips. Three limpers and I push with KK, in part because I've been pushing about once per orbit, and also because there's a lot of dead money in the pot already. Two of the limpers I have covered - one has 7.5k.Now with AA I wouldn't push there - I'd raise to 2000 or so hoping to get at least one caller and push any flop. QQ and AK are too vulnerable so I'd just push them without a second thought.So what's the ideal line to take with KK here, when you decide that you're going the distance because of your M, but pushing still seems excessive? Pushing is OK, but would it be preferable to raise to ~2000, shoving all flops? We're obviously not slowing down if an ace drops.Sort of like a Stop N Go, just way more aggressive pf.I'm talking generally, not in this specific tournament, because like I said I was pushing a lot and was hoping someone would finally look me up.

I like the shove. Also, if I am playing with loose flop players a lot of times I will limp right along with them and shove any non ace flop. I get called a lot by top pair on Q, J and 10 high boards.

This is more about tackling a general situation than analyzing a specific hand, though one has prompted the question. When reviewing a MTT HH yesterday I came across the following hand:Blinds at 200/400 and I'm in the SB with 5100 chips. Three limpers and I push with KK, in part because I've been pushing about once per orbit, and also because there's a lot of dead money in the pot already. Two of the limpers I have covered - one has 7.5k.Now with AA I wouldn't push there - I'd raise to 2000 or so hoping to get at least one caller and push any flop. QQ and AK are too vulnerable so I'd just push them without a second thought.
So, you're saying with blinds of 200/400, with 3 limpers, meaning the pot is 1800, if you have AA you're gonna raise to a whopping 2000 to isolate to one caller, maybe two? Do you really want 3 or 4 callers here - because that's what's likely to happen with the price you're laying. And then, if you actually do get only one caller, the pot on the flop is going to be about 5400, and you'd only have 3100 to bet into it...giving your opponent almost 2.5:1 to see two cards.If you're going to push with AK, QQ and KK, push with AA too - otherwise, a small raise like that will look awfully suspicious.

You wanted general discussion, well in general I shove there with a huge range. 78s would be plenty. T9o would be fine as well. Any ace, most kings, any pair, etc.Oh, and I push with AA and KK as well.

If you're going to push with AK, QQ and KK, push with AA too - otherwise, a small raise like that will look awfully suspicious.
this is so overused, sorry, it's true.Who do you play with enough online that will tally - when he is short after limpers he raises with AA- and he shove AK- on Tuesdays, he plays As5h from UTGit doesn't happen.You shove AA and KK and lots of hands because the fold equity is most important with 1800 in the pot. And when you push as are regularly, you'll get loooser calls now with the big hands
this is so overused, sorry, it's true.Who do you play with enough online that will tally - when he is short after limpers he raises with AA- and he shove AK- on Tuesdays, he plays As5h from UTGit doesn't happen.You shove AA and KK and lots of hands because the fold equity is most important with 1800 in the pot. And when you push as are regularly, you'll get loooser calls now with the big hands
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's happening when you see a guy with 6x-8x the BB push 6 hands out of 20, and then only raise 3x the BB on one of them.Regardless of prior activity, unless I am utterly convinced the guy is really new and doesn't know what he's doing, if I see a guy put in 40-50% of his stack, instead of all of it, on a pf raise, I'm going to put him on AA or KK...and the vast majority of the time I'll be right. And the majority of the time he'll get four callers and lose.Regardless...I've got notes on a few online players (let alone the live ones) where I have been able to make similar assessments.
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's happening when you see a guy with 6x-8x the BB push 6 hands out of 20, and then only raise 3x the BB on one of them.
no way in those 6 or whatever hands you should/could put hero on one type of hand and then the smaller raise on another. - splitting it between KK-QQ vs AA, I meantI'm not saying it's doesn't look suspicousBut it looks suspicious because it's such a small raise and you've been shoving everything else. Not because anyone has any clue what hands you were shoving with.It's hard to type what I'm trying to say because I understand what you are saying and I agree it raises flags. I just disagree that we can be put on one type of hand for the push and one for the non shovesif you give me your phone number I can call you to discuss this further.
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's happening when you see a guy with 6x-8x the BB push 6 hands out of 20, and then only raise 3x the BB on one of them.Regardless of prior activity, unless I am utterly convinced the guy is really new and doesn't know what he's doing, if I see a guy put in 40-50% of his stack, instead of all of it, on a pf raise, I'm going to put him on AA or KK...and the vast majority of the time I'll be right. And the majority of the time he'll get four callers and lose.Regardless...I've got notes on a few online players (let alone the live ones) where I have been able to make similar assessments.
Thats a great statement.When im that short, I like to push any broadways, along with any ace and any K. If I've got around 10BB, and so does everyone else, pushing makes sense because what happens if I raise 5bb preflop, get 3 callers, and the flop comes A high? i can't fold to a bet. So I lose, knowing i played the hand like Tiffany Williamson.And that, my friends, is scary.