Highly Addictive Puzzle

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I have the part solved with the 4 in the yellow boxes, but what do you do with the answer? Or is it just that you know it?
The actual goal of the puzzle is to put the 4 clues together. That's how you "win". You don't need to fill all the boxes to win.I have no idea about the one that you're missing. I agonized over that for a long time and never came up with anything.You need to type "7:00" on the "clock" page. It'll turn that box green too if you want to get them all solved.PM me the answer to the 4 part meta question. I've given up. :club:
Well, after almost 3 days, I have every box filled in but one. And funny, it's one thing I should know about since I like the subjects connecting it.I got help on probably over half of them from Wikipedia.Here is everything filled out but that one. I have it saved on the page where I don't have the one box filled so if you want to just look at that page to help me out:http://shygypsy.com/farm/p.cgi?state=ppppp...ess&guess=+I never was able to open anyone else's, so I dont know if you will be able to see them. Don't look at the other pages if you don't want the answers!Also, I have the part solved with the 4 in the yellow boxes, but what do you do with the answer? Or is it just that you know it?
type the answer into the box hit enter it will tell you if you are correct or not. look in the upper right hand corner after you enter it.
Like it says - just hit back and continue.
Like I said "It won't let me do anything".
no helpers?
WKTSWAY posted a link above that has almost all of the boxes filled in. If you don't want to use that then you'll need to ask for clues for a specific box.
WKTSWAY posted a link above that has almost all of the boxes filled in. If you don't want to use that then you'll need to ask for clues for a specific box.
I couldn't view them. I got this message:Something went wrong.This is probably caused by too much traffic. There are two solutions. 1. Press the Back button in your browser twice and enter a new guess. 2. If that doesn't work, use this link to reset the game. Then press the "Start" and "Save game". You should be able to load an old saved game or merge with an old saved game. Sorry about that.Of course, you might also have ended up on this page because you were trying to mess with the URL or the HTML source. In that case, nice try.
I couldn't view them. I got this message:Something went wrong.This is probably caused by too much traffic. There are two solutions. 1. Press the Back button in your browser twice and enter a new guess. 2. If that doesn't work, use this link to reset the game. Then press the "Start" and "Save game". You should be able to load an old saved game or merge with an old saved game. Sorry about that.Of course, you might also have ended up on this page because you were trying to mess with the URL or the HTML source. In that case, nice try.
Yeah, I get that too in response to the links.
I get that too...just ask about a specific box you are having trouble with.

What connects to wolf, the opposite side of dog?What connects to "For Russia with Love" ?What connects to on the clock besides "hour"?What connects to rock n roll that leads to the bottom left square?

Hmmm, it occurs to me what those links are... those are the solution. Well, not technically. I think they are a code which represents which squares you have filled in in a binary format. If you knew the representation, you could just alter your own cookie to say you have the answer, and next time you go into the game, the answers would just show up without ever answering any of them.That may be as interesting a problem as the original.OK, maybe not.By the way, I've lost my puzzle and had to restart 3 times now. Getting very annoyed, as I don't always remember what they were.

What connects to wolf, the opposite side of dog?What connects to "For Russia with Love" ?What connects to on the clock besides "hour"?What connects to rock n roll that leads to the bottom left square?
I'm assuming you have everything else on that page done? The wolf connects to another word which gave it away for me...think computer game that came out around the same time as Doom and is basically the same game.The one that connects to From Russia With Love, even though it's connected through the drugs page, is acctually a drink.Hour is the only one you have connected to the clock? I don't know what hints to give you there without just giving you the answers.Think Prince...

OK, I haven't given up on this. I've got three of us working on it about a half hour a day. One I am really frustrated with: the three letter word off Reservoir Dogs. It's not dog, it's not dam. Is it related to dogs? Is it related to the movie? Either a hint or just give me the answer. There are others I am stuck on, but none holding me up like that one.

Ok, I (we) am/are making good progress now, except on the cocktails. I've entered every single one listed on the internet, and am still missing about half.But the one that is really pissing me off, I need either a clue or the answer:What is the connection between Columbo and War on Drugs?

OK, we finished it, but we had to blatantly cheat on a couple of the drug ones, and few other squares, like the connection between people and purple.But if anyone is interested in just giving up and finishing the damn thing, just merge (SEE BELOW) with this:http://shygypsy.com/farm/p.cgi?state=ppppp...ess&guess=+Of course, that won't tell you the answer to the meta-puzzle, but that is a disappointment anyway.If you'd like clues on any squares rather than actual answers, just ask.EDIT: I know I had trouble with these links, and so did other people. The way to use them is to click on them. You will get an error. Then go to the address bar and copy the full URL.Then open up a new browser to your game, hit Save Game, and enter the URL from this one to the Merge line. NOTE: ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE GIVEN UP. Your game will be completed for you.