Who Actually Plays?

I feel like this forum has been dying off yet I see posts in the LHE section which to me wouldn't make sense since you see a lot more hands and are in trickier situations in short handed lhe.oh welli'm just curious, who actually plays SH LHE or 6 max nl on a regular basis?

Well he is kinda right, I played at party for a while but I felt kinda silly when I saw I won 2000$ but also generated 2000$ in rake :D So im playing at absolute right now :club:
Generating 2000$ in rake isnt really very much, JS

After an extended bad run at 3/6 and 2/4 six-max limit I quit playing because it devastated my bankroll and I just couldn't handle it mentally. Based on the PT stats I saw from other players I believe that 6-max is beatable (probably the most profitable of all online limit games), but right now I just don't have the energy to put in a bunch of time with it. I'm getting back into it a little bit playing 1/2 on UB while I try to clear a bonus, but I'm not playing a ton of hands or anything. I find it hard to have the stomach for 6-max when it feels like I'm pretty much constantly getting kicked in the nuts by the deck. That said, I haven't been very successful at all in cash games online for a few months and I think that a) online cash games are getting harder and B) I'm losing focus and making stupid/tilty plays. So, aside from dabbling in it a little bit I've pretty much given up on playing a ton of 6-max or online limit at all for that matter, for the time being. Maybe I'll get back into it sometime down the road. We'll see.

The lower SHLHE games have eaten me, while I've done decently at the mid-stakes stuff. I took a long break from the game until I rebuilt my roll through NL cash/MTTs until I could play 5/10+ again. Lately I've been dabbling back in 8/16 and 20/40 SHLHE, but I really haven't played much poker lately. When I have played in the past couple weeks, I've mostly played for pleasure and to learn some new games. Been playing some 1/2 HORSE on Stars, which has been profitable and a good learning experience.

I look at the 6-max games as where I want to be but I'm just too in my comfort zone in the full ring and can't make the switch.

I wanted to quit SH LHE and move on to the more profitable/less variance NL but...I just can't stay away from sh lhe. It's too fun, too addicting.
Calling on the end with ace-high actually is a lot of fun. Pretty rare you get to do that in NL or full LHE.
Calling on the end with ace-high actually is a lot of fun. Pretty rare you get to do that in NL or full LHE.
Like this? :club: Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $1/$25 playersConverterPre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with [Qh] [Ac] UTG calls (1.5:1), Hero raises, 3 folds, UTG calls (4.5:1).Flop: [6h] [5d] [2c] (5.5SB, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG calls (6.5:1).Turn: [2d] (3.75BB, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero checks.River: [Kd] (3.75BB, 2 players)UTG bets, Hero calls (4.75:1).Results:Final pot: 5.75BBUTG Shows 8h 3hHero Shows Qh Ac

Yup. Or hand 6 & 9 from this post: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=77939I find that people wrongly call me down with ace-high a lot more than they're correct. Whereas for me, I feel like I call them down with ace-high correctly much more often than incorrectly. I take it that's common among decent players playing bad players, but I'm not sure.

I look at the 6-max games as where I want to be but I'm just too in my comfort zone in the full ring and can't make the switch.
shorthanded ruined me. I get way too bored playing full-ring now. Which usually leads to me making some really stupid plays. Damn Shorthanded.
I'm fairly convinced SH LHE is a drug, and will definitely be the end of my poker career.
I concur, I play SH LHE because I like it but if you go on a bad run it can destroy any sanity you thought you had.I really should switch to FT or Absolute, somewhere that gives rakeback.Any of you have any suggestions or "codes" or something.