Table Camino Bravo - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em Seat 1: vernonhobbs ($58.10), is sitting outSeat 2: DallasDog ($29.30)Seat 3: -4WS-Madman ($20.45)Seat 4: Essense ($73.45)Seat 5: tommy--15 ($28.65), is sitting outSeat 6: RedRocket7 ($50)Seat 7: jjw0812 ($56.80)Seat 8: Natethegreel ($20)Seat 9: scrimpdog5 ($8.75)DallasDog posts the small blind of $0.25-4WS-Madman posts the big blind of $0.50Natethegreel posts $0.50The button is in seat #9*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Natethegreel [K :club: Q :club: ] 2 Folds ,jjw0812 raises to $1,Natethegreel calls $0.50 the rest fold*** FLOP *** [J :club: 2 :diamond: 8 :club: ] jjw0812 bets $1, Natethegreel calls $1*** TURN *** [J :club: 2 :club: 8 :club: 6 :club: ]jjw0812 checks. Natethegreel bets $3, jjw0812 calls $3*** RIVER *** [J :club: 2 :diamond: 8 :club: 6 :club: 2 :club: ]jjw0812 bets $4, Natethegreel callsdo anything different? raise the flop? Raise the river?

You can't raise the river here. Only the A :club: calls.I don't even think the 10 :D bets here.. it looks like an extremely loose defensive bet or the nuts. Go ahead and call.Considering you bought in for just 20 $, you should have played the draw much more aggressively on the flop. Optimum play - raise to 5$ on the flop, take the free card if he checks the turn. If you improve, bet the pot. If the he has the ace, you played well and got unlucky. Reload for MORE THIS TIME and take his money.

You can't raise the river here. Only the A :club: calls.I don't even think the 10 :D bets here.. it looks like an extremely loose defensive bet or the nuts. Go ahead and call.Considering you bought in for just 20 $, you should have played the draw much more aggressively on the flop. Optimum play - raise to 5$ on the flop, take the free card if he checks the turn. If you improve, bet the pot. If the he has the ace, you played well and got unlucky. Reload for MORE THIS TIME and take his money.
yeah I didn't realize I bought in for the minimum because full tilt has $20 as the default (pretty silly if you ask me) and then the hand was delt before I could add more money.

When he checks to you at the turn, hes asking you "do you have the flush?" and by betting 3/4 pot you're basicly telling him "yes I do".And he still bet out on the river...? That can only meen he have it too, and the 10 :club: is not very likely.I think your gonna see the A :D when you call.

what sort of raise do you make on the flop? 3,4?
Some kind of raise needs to be put in on the flop since you're in position. 3 or 4 is fine. Then bet bigger on the turn, like 7. Just calling the river is right.
When he checks to you at the turn, hes asking you "do you have the flush?" and by betting 3/4 pot you're basicly telling him "yes I do".And he still bet out on the river...? That can only meen he have it too, and the 10 :club: is not very likely.I think you're gonna see a boat when you call.
FYG and FYP
FYG and FYP
Nice call donk slayer. Villian turned over 66 for the rivered boat. I really thought about pushing the river but I didn't really think there was much I could get called with. I really hated that last spade that paired the board. but at least I lost the minimum Meh.
Raise the flop to $5.
what do you do if the villian is a very tricky lag, capable of raising you. If you bet 5 and he raises do you push?
what do you do if the villian is a very tricky lag, capable of raising you. If you bet 5 and he raises do you push?
There's a fine line in there between letting yourself get bet off of a hand and giving yourself multiple ways to win.I think raising is important here because:A: You're drawing to the flush, which you assume will winB: You have 2 overcards and a backdoor straight draw, which can winC: Your opponent might just be taking a stab at the pot and can't withstand a raise, which means that your semibluff works and you win without improving your K highD: It lets you represent a real hand if you miss your drawObviously if you raise and he pushes, you're likely going to fold, but that's ok. If he's really tricky or you want to keep the pot small for other reasons, then just call, but keep in mind that if you're calling, you gotta showdown the best hand to win.
I don't fold this hand on the flop. I would call allin on this flop if he open shoved.
If he bets, you raise and he pushes, your overcard outs are no good. He might even do it with the nut flush draw. Calling a push for all of our chips on that flop would be horrible considering we're not likely getting the right odds to do so.
even against a nit?
Hmm. Depends how nittish. I don't like to fold here unless I have a VERY good reason to think otherwise.If I raise to 5 and he shoves, it's $14 more into $26.75, so we would need 34% equity. It's hard to think of a range that doesn't give us 34% equity.