Full Tilt PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $5/$106 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with :):club:UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.Flop: :D :D :D (10.5SB, 3 players)UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero ???I'm just getting back into online play and am getting killed

Well, this should be in shorthanded forum ;)I just noticed it was 6 handed, but I think I still fold. Easy easy fold at full ring, harder at 6-max, but I can't imagine you are ever good here...

You may be getting isolated with worse, but when two people show strength into a 3 better, well, it's time to throw your mouse away...After clicking fold that is.

You have two options:a. 3-bet the flop to lose the original bettor and then take a free card on the turnorb. foldThe problem with folding is that people raise all kinds of hands here without an ace, but that doesn't mean you aren't already crushed. But I've seen people raise any pocket pair here enough to think you could be good.I think I'd tend towards option a. but it's close enough I wouldn't argue hard either way.GB

You have two options:a. 3-bet the flop to lose the original bettor and then take a free card on the turnorb. foldThe problem with folding is that people raise all kinds of hands here without an ace, but that doesn't mean you aren't already crushed. But I've seen people raise any pocket pair here enough to think you could be good.I think I'd tend towards option a. but it's close enough I wouldn't argue hard either way.GB
Like I said, you might get iso'd out of a couple of pots, but the fact remains that TWO guys are representing an ace, against you who 3 bet their asses. I still likea fold.
  • 2 weeks later...
Like I said, you might get iso'd out of a couple of pots, but the fact remains that TWO guys are representing an ace, against you who 3 bet their asses. I still likea fold.
Why are these guys even betting into us if they just hit trips?I can see UTG leading here with any little pocket pair.And if UTG+1 indeed has trips, I would certainly expect him to smooth call to bring you along.Yeah, you may be crushed.But I will often 3bet this flop while the bets are small to find out.I'm loose like that.--cm
Why are these guys even betting into us if they just hit trips?
Is it...a )because they have three of a kind, and they learned on celebrity showdown poker that three of a kind is a good hand.b ) because they know that they're less likely to get action from a worse a hand if they wait for the turn like every predictable small stakes donater.c )because they think that slowplaying is disrespectful and downright mean.I dont know which one it is for sure, but my gut says that it's a.
Is it...a )because they have three of a kind, and they learned on celebrity showdown poker that three of a kind is a good hand.b ) because they know that they're less likely to get action from a worse a hand if they wait for the turn like every predictable small stakes donater.c )because they think that slowplaying is disrespectful and downright mean.I dont know which one it is for sure, but my gut says that it's a.
its 5/10 on full-tilt, so i go withb* - they fastplay everything because they aren't able to recognize situations when it is correct or incorrect, and 'fastplay is the new slowplay' as we all know.

This is an easy fold, even at six max, at all but the most laggy of games. Really, it's a fold.AseemP.S. If it were A-A-6 (two aces and a six instead of two sixes and an ace), it's MUCH closer.*** EDIT ***Totally my bad, I thought flop was A-6-6.This is always kind of close and tough and heavily read-dependent, because a ton of donkeys raise any pocket pair (but usually 77+) on this flop, and a hand like that makes heavy sense given the preflop cold-call. Unfortunately, many straightforward players also raise A-x here, which also makes sense given the preflop cold-call.On the one hand, you have the fact that two players are showing strength into the three-bettor, you, as opposed to if you had only cold-called (with, say, 99). On the other hand, the pot is bigger. But I don't think it's bigger enough to warrant going to showdown with little chance of improvement if you're behind.So, I think it leans towards a fold. If the showdown reflects that you were best on the flop, don't worry, just add it to the notes of both players.Aseem

P.S. If it were A-A-6 (two aces and a six instead of two sixes and an ace), it's MUCH closer.
It was AA6.I think UTG can lead at the pot with any pair.If I'm UTG+1, I'm raising any PP 77+ here in hopes of getting heads up with UTG who likely doesn't have a big hand.While folding can't really be wrong here, I think it's closer than most people are saying if we want to continue with the hand. I don't much about the players on FT, so I'm speaking in generalities.I like taking an aggressive stance here by 3 betting the flop. If they both call, then I am in trouble.I don't mind either way. There is a good chance you're ahead here given the action and the fact that there are NO draws present.I'm gonna 3-bet the flop and take it from there.

Thanks for correcting me, I edited and still reflect fold without reads but it's close. But I do think it's a fold.Aseem

Thanks for correcting me, I edited and still reflect fold without reads but it's close. But I do think it's a fold.Aseem
Like I said, no harm in getting out cheaply.I think there's profit to be had here if you have any kind of read on the villains.
Like I said, no harm in getting out cheaply.I think there's profit to be had here if you have any kind of read on the villains.
Agreed
Nah--cm
I can see UTG leading here with any little pocket pair.And if UTG+1 indeed has trips, I would certainly expect him to smooth call to bring you along.
quoted for mf'ing truth, unless UTG+1 is playing live while everyone else is online.