I would like to get my boyfriend a set of poker chips for his birthday. I am planning to buy a set of 500 11.5 gram (I think) clay chips. I would like the denominations ($5, $10, $25, $50, and $100) printed on them. My budget is around $600. Can you recommend some companies that have very professional chips?Thanks.

I would like to get my boyfriend a set of poker chips for his birthday. I am planning to buy a set of 500 11.5 gram (I think) clay chips. I would like the denominations ($5, $10, $15, $50, and $100) printed on them. My budget is around $600. Can you recommend some companies that have very professional chips?Thanks.
$15? Is this for poker? Mainly because I have never heard of a $15 chip, did he specifically say he wanted $15 chips or is this a surprise for him?
Oops...I meant to type in $25.
Oh ok, just making sure. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, just didn't want you to accidentally get the wrong denomination, but you seem to know what you want, so that's good. As far as the custom chips and which site is best/cheapest I am not sure, but good luck on finding a good site.

wedoitallvegas.com is a good place to start. Try to find some Paulson chips on ebay.. they are the best. Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to get 500 paulson chips for $600. If your bf plays alot of home games you might need a $1 chip, unless he only plays tournaments or is a high roller. Good luck

Surprised nobody has asked yet, but how about posting a pic? It will help with my chip set research, I promise.
lollercoaster...I just want you to know that your *** is mine in the WCOOF. It won't be pretty. I pwn at PLO flips. (Probably, never did one)

For that amount of money you will be able to find Paulsons on e-bay. Look for a set of 600 between $350 and $500 US. Forget the 11.5 g crap - go with the best. Search "Paulson chips" on e-bay and you'll see plenty of current auctions.

lollercoaster...I just want you to know that your *** is mine in the WCOOF. It won't be pretty. I pwn at PLO flips. (Probably, never did one)
You guys are nothing but talk! I will pwn you guys in the rear harder than you ever been pwned before!
You guys are nothing but talk! I will pwn you guys in the rear harder than you ever been pwned before!
I'm sorry, but your avatar is so gay that I thought you were RonMexico.I'm just serious.

Chiptalk is running some group buys that would interest you.If you want a custom ceramic set...think around 75 cents a chip....(yeah..the prices have dropped considerably)If you want paulsons...I suggest the "protege" group buy that is churning right now on chiptalk...those chips are stunning.

Unless your boyfriend asked for the denominations to be printed on the chips, he would probably prefer unprinted chips so he can use them for any amount.And he is lucky to have an awesome girlfriend who will buy him poker chips.

Unless your boyfriend asked for the denominations to be printed on the chips, he would probably prefer unprinted chips so he can use them for any amount.And he is lucky to have an awesome girlfriend who will buy him poker chips.
Quoted for truth on both of these counts. I personally wouldn't want denominations, so unless he asked I'd do without. Plus it's probably cheaper without the printing.And he is lucky that not only will you buy him chips, but you come to a website to figure out what the good ones are, not just Wal-Mart brand.
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies! I still haven't decided yet. I still have a week to go before I need to order.He did specifically ask for denominations printed on them. He holds tournaments all the time at his house and uses the same set up each time.And I am a Hold'em addict (which I'm told makes me an even cooler girlfriend), so I definitely know that Wal-Mart chips are a no-no. Quality is the way to go.

I would recommend against denominations on them, just because you're just stuck then. Like someone else said, what if you want $1 chips?But that being said, if he said he wants them...I know some of the dealers on ebay will print whatever you want on them. I have a great set of 1000 chips w/ case 12.5 gram for $120 or so. (nothing printed on them) So I would think you could find something printed within your budget.gl,Mark

http://www.oldvegaschips.com/pokerset.htmI have had these for over 2 years and they are great. You can choose how many of each denomination you want and everything. $600 would be way more than enough.Scroll down about half way and you will see the sets of 500, 650 and 1000 (500 should be plenty though). It also shows you how to mix and match your sets to get exactly how many of each you want.