The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act Of 2006 Analyzed

Well as I said above, I talked to McCain and asked him his view on Online Gambling and he basically told me he didn't know much about Online Gambling because "I don't do computers, I'm too old. Anytime I need something done for a computer I pick up some 12 year old off the street to fix it." He said laughing.This Thursday I get the opportunity to meet with Bill Frist himself. I'm looking forward to why he felt the need to push the Online Gambling law.
Dassit ?"I don't do computers, I'm too old"Computers are for Twelve Year Olds ... HELLO? United States Senator responsible for voting for a law that probhibitsthe transfer of funds from financial institutions in the United States for the purpose of discouraging the vague notion of "gambling" online. US Citizens are being prohibited from playing backgammon for money as well.Senator votes for a bill that affects a minimum of 21 Million US Citizens actively involved in just one of those activities ... none of whom are twelve years old. Senator votes for a bill that costs one company 5 Billion Dollars in a single day."I" don't do computers. Hello? Computers are for twelve year olds. Hello?Giggle, Giggle.United States Senator running for President of the United StatesI don't do computers. Computers are for twelve year olds.I CERTAINLY HOPE AND PRAYthat you are able to solicit something more significant from Mr. Fristotherwise .. what was the point of ASKING?Computers are for twelve year olds?So far, your report on Mr. McCain's comments fall somewhere short of an adequate response to a twelve year old.I will NOW be VERY INTERESTED in what you have to report next ... and I will be VERY INTERESTED in hearing something more substantial about Mr McCain's views on this and other subjects.I KNOW you will follow up more specifically with Mr. Frist so that you can report what his thoughts, attitudes and opinions are when you do ... or ... so that you can report what his thoughts and attitudes are when you request a much more significant answer to this question."WE" can't play Poker on Party Poker because computers are for twelve year olds ? I don't think so.big3.gif"Shoot Hoops Not Troops"Thanks To The GSWarrior Message BoardGod Bless
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well first off, I'm part of College Republicans in my school and people were asking him questions and he was giving a little speech too. So I asked him the question about what was so wrong with Online Poker that he attached it to a bill that had absolutely nothing to do with Online poker.His reponse - "To protect young people like you from playing games way over your head."Well that pissed me off to say the least and I basically just left before I took his *** out. In my question I mentioned that it would raise $3 billion in tax revenue and that big countries like UK were regulating and controlling Online Gambling rather than just trying to ban it.

Good For You !!!Sorry to say ... I think that Mr. Frist is a snake ... Medical Doctor who did nothing about the cost or availability of medical insurance.Medical Doctor who probably hasn't shared with ANYBODY that the sourceof most of our problems is ... Our Diet ...Chemicals and drugs and ...Pharmaceuticals ...Fellow who believes in "family values" but doesn't include everyone in his "family" ... We'll Learn !!!4c.gif2d.gifYet We Have Not Because We ASK NotNOT YOU !!!

Well first off, I'm part of College Republicans in my school and people were asking him questions and he was giving a little speech too. So I asked him the question about what was so wrong with Online Poker that he attached it to a bill that had absolutely nothing to do with Online poker.His reponse - "To protect young people like you from playing games way over your head."Well that pissed me off to say the least and I basically just left before I took his *** out. In my question I mentioned that it would raise $3 billion in tax revenue and that big countries like UK were regulating and controlling Online Gambling rather than just trying to ban it.
If that is how you handled the situation, I would hold off from becoming a reporter.

I especially appreciate Silent But Deadly because he's the only person I've seen in this thread or had contact with anywhere who actually had and "reports" on the opportunity to speak with two prominent politicians about the thing they did.Based on this incident and so many others, my own "take" on the world of politics as we know it includes:It is "We" who must take responsibility for what occurs in our political system."We" simply must ... and proably won't.It "appears" to me ... over and over and over ... that the people we elect, the laws that get passed ... are the people and laws that ... GET PAID FORWithout the pay ... NOTHING HAPPENSWith the pay ... ANYTHING IS FAIR GAMEShoot Hoops Not TroopsBlowing Up "AT" Politicians is at least a little better than Blowing Up With Them

Since we're going to play the blame game, let me have a try:Bill Clinton enacted walls of seperation between FBI and CIA, AND made it impossible for the CIA to use 'criminals' as moles on the payroll. Only good church going terrorist can turn in their buddies. This helped set the stage for future problems according to the 9-11 commission.If Bill Clinton and the democrats in his administration would have made ANY sense than maybe he or Bush could have stopped 9-11. Without 9-11 we wouldn't have a Port Securites Bill, and Frist would have to sneak this into the next Global Warming Bill that Bush would have vetoed because Algore's movie sucked.So you see if only so and so wasn't such a hack, then so and so wouldn't stand a chance to make it harder to play poker at partypoker.comPay your nickle and make your reality.Sorry OP for getting off topic. I think I am addicted to political arguing.
Just to lighten things up... , " <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5P6MLiKEJI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5P6MLiKEJI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object> ,

Somebody educate me....Can I not open up a checking account in Canada, Mexico, The UK, etc....and just wire money from my US bank to the other....and then deposit into poker sites from my non US account? Can you not open a checking account in a country that you dont live in? What about the rich people with Swedish bank accounts? What if I live near the Canadian border...can I go across and open up an account? No law will ever stop US banks from doing busienss with foreign banks.This seems like too easy of an answer....what is wrong with this scenario?

I'm only guessing ... but the correct answer would probably come from the site you want to use to play poker ... like Party PokerI'm only guessing, but I'm guessing that you would not be allowed to play at Party Poker because they would identify your computer as being located in the United States.However ... if that guess is wrong ... I'd certainly be interested in hearing about it.Because ... I really liked Party Poker

• 2 weeks later...

Are you kidding me?? A lot of sites have banned US Players because of a law that does not affect them. Here is what the new law says:"Section 101 - Amends the federal criminal code to expand the definition of "wire communication facility" (renamed "communication facility") to include fixed or mobile (i.e., wireless) communication facilities. Defines "bets and wagers" to include bets for contests, sporting events, games predominantly subject to chance, and lotteries. Excludes from such definition: (1) activities governed by securities laws: (2) transactions under the Commodity Exchange Act; (3) over-the-counter derivative instruments; (4) contracts of indemnity or guarantee; (4) contracts for life, health, or accident insurance; and (5) reward programs or contests conducted by businesses"Poker is clearly a game of skill. For these site to ban US Players is ridiculous! We have been customers and earned VIP status to these other sites and all of a sudden, poof, we are unimportant.