Official Bruins Thread

Sure glad Washington plays 4 times this week. The big O has saved my Yahoo season. Time for more PP. #4 for the big guy anyone?Sorry I was listening to game, wrong PP team
Well he just picked up an assist on a wonderful pass.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm tempted to like Lucic, if only because he is so hated by both Serge and Dale.

why?
lol...oh I don't know. The Capitals just won the game in hand they had on the Leafs and are now 2 points further ahead of Toronto.
lol...oh I don't know. The Capitals just won the game in hand they had on the Leafs and are now 2 points further ahead of Toronto.
actually we wanted Washington to win today..as per our mathematical site..We are closer to the Bruins
How are you closer to the Bruins when you didn't play? Did Boston lose points?
the site says are chances just improved with a Washington win..I dont argue

That actually kind of makes sense. Both the Bruins and Caps are ahead of the Leafs, but only one team is getting out of the southeast division. I don't think it matters as far as it being Washington or Carolinda, as far as the Leafs chances go. If I were a Leaf fan clinging to slim hope, I'd probably want the Caps to win this game, as Boston doesn't need to win it's division to advance. Either way, this game can't really "help" the Leafs, but it can only really hurt them if it's a 3-point game. Serge is just going to have to be happy this was a 2-point game and assume that whichever team doesn't win the southeast will tank from here on out.

You want the teams in the playoffs 6 7 or 8 seeds to lose when facing 9 10 or 11 seeds. Boston wins they are further ahead. DM rarely would I say you're wrong but on this one you are. What the point of catching washington when Boston pulls further away? That 10th goal costed me I had a bet no 12th goal. Fackers running up the score.

You want the teams in the playoffs 6 7 or 8 seeds to lose when facing 9 10 or 11 seeds. Boston wins they are further ahead. DM rarely would I say you're wrong but on this one you are. What the point of catching washington when Boston pulls further away?
I'm thinking DM is just looking for any reason to prod Serge, logic be damned!
You want the teams in the playoffs 6 7 or 8 seeds to lose when facing 9 10 or 11 seeds. Boston wins they are further ahead. DM rarely would I say you're wrong but on this one you are. What the point of catching washington when Boston pulls further away? That 10th goal costed me I had a bet no 12th goal. Fackers running up the score.
Because the Leafs are chasing the 8th (or 7th) spot. I would assume that they need the teams between them and that 8th spot to lose. Boston is in 6th place but they still have 2 games in hand on the Leafs.
Because the Leafs are chasing the 8th (or 7th) spot. I would assume that they need the teams between them and that 8th spot to lose. Boston is in 6th place but they still have 2 games in hand on the Leafs.
Dude, the guy runs a million simualtions and he said that the best result was a Washington regulation time win...

I think there are 2 different ways to look at it, but I think that DM's argument would be rock solid if division winners didn't get an automatic playoff berth. Since they do, and one win can make a team go from 3rd to 10th, it gets a little murky.

I think there are 2 different ways to look at it, but I think that DM's argument would be rock solid if division winners didn't get an automatic playoff berth. Since they do, and one win can make a team go from 3rd to 10th, it gets a little murky.
It's a little less murky when you consider that Carolina and now Washington are both closer to the 8th spot than Toronto.
It's a little less murky when you consider that Carolina and now Washington are both closer to the 8th spot than Toronto.
but the Leafs arent only chasing 8th spot...There is a realistic chance that they can catch teams as high as 4th...
I hate to even say this, BUT...The only way the Leafs make the playoffs is by having a ridiculously strong finish, something like 14-4. If they do that, their worry isnt the teams they are tied with, or just 2pts behind. Their worry is the teams they are trying to catch, and hoping they dont all have above .500 records, which they currently project to have.I get the point about the 6th place team, but Boston is barely in 6th, actually only 2pts ahead of 8th, and 2games in hand mean nothing if they dont win. You need at least 1, if not 2 of these teams to be below .500 in that scenario.That, along with Washington getting an auto berth as div winner, makes it a pretty solid argument why you want the Caps to win, or at the very least, just be happy they did so in regulation time.either way, Leafs wont make the playoffs and they are only screwing the long term. and since this is a Bruins thread.....I love Chara. 10goals against, and he is EVEN on the night, with a point. The guy is a beast, a true MVP.

the fact that we are even having this argument makes me happy...2 weeks ago we had no shot

True. I'm not all sure my analysis is correct, but it seems close. I factored "hope" into the equation as well, which only exists from a Leaf p.o.v. anyway. Either way, I still believe that this individual game really couldn't have helped the Leafs all that much, no matter who won. It could only have hurt them, had it gone into OT. The Caps winning is only good from a Leaf point of view if you hope (therefor making it guarranteed) that the Caps will lose from here on out.
If Buffis playing Philly Iam cheering for Buff to win this way we are still 6 points out.
Obviously, because Philly is the cutoff right now between making it and not making it.What about if Ottawa was playing Buffalo?