size of bet online

Does anyone have any read on bets in online poker that aren't in standard incriments (like 50, 150, 400, etc)I'm at a table now where the pot was 615 and two large stacks are in the hand. One bets 810, which has no relation to his stack or his opponents stack.Also, I've seen people bet 77, 156, etc... other weird numbers.I'm not quite sure what to make of the first situation. But on the latter point, I think strange bets are generally a sign of strength... i.e. indicating that the betting player is just "screwing around" or something like that. Any thoughts on that?Any strange bets you guys will make to get players to fold?

Its hard to tell, if they are doing it consistantly they probably just don't feel like typing the numbers in or they don't know that they can type it in. Either way i usually take note of this, I think its sloppy and is usually a sign of weak player. I sometimes think these people are more prone to raise to the proportion of their hand and not make consistant bets. I don't always think this is true however, a weird bet into a pot where no betting has taken place is a sign of a bluff to me for instance. Fryer i just saw who your pic was, its kind of pixilated, but anyways Fing hilarous pic.

I always find int amusing when people bet $ & .c Like $1.65 with a $110 stack. So they have like 108.35 left in their stack. This maybe just for enjoyment factor or is it deeper that they think it inflates their stack as there are more number despite a decimal point.Or instead of all in they leave 0.01 c left to play with.I often make best that round up my stack. Whether I have a hand or im on a bluff. If I have 144.75 I may make a $14.75 raise or $19.75

as dumb as it sounds I think I figured out a stupid way to bluff. If you are like me you like to have an even number of chips. So anytime I have say 1039 and the minimum bet is at 30 I'll still bet 39. Then on the screen it shows a 25 chip, 2 5 chips, and 4 1 chips. For some reason I can get alot more people to fold betting like this. There really isn't much of a difference between 30 and 39 but the odd number of chip bet just messes with people and they don't seem to want to call as much. Either cause they don't wanna screw up their stacks or it just looks like a big bet with all those extra chips out there.Maybe I'm stupid but I'd rather call a $100 bet then a 99 bet, just due to the number of chips shown on the screen. Call me crazy but I doubt I'm the only one.

as dumb as it sounds I think I figured out a stupid way to bluff.  If you are like me you like to have an even number of chips.  So anytime I have say 1039 and the minimum bet is at 30 I'll still bet 39.  Then on the screen it shows a 25 chip, 2 5 chips, and 4 1 chips.  For some reason I can get alot more people to fold betting like this.  There really isn't much of a difference between 30 and 39 but the odd number of chip bet just messes with people and they don't seem to want to call as much.  Either cause they don't wanna screw up their stacks or it just looks like a big bet with all those extra chips out there.Maybe I'm stupid but I'd rather call a $100 bet then a 99 bet, just due to the number of chips shown on the screen.  Call me crazy but I doubt I'm the only one.
um. . .I am going to go with the crazy part

I rarely use the scroll bar at Pokerstars to bet, I type the number in as I often bet something in between the amounts the scroll bar gives you.Example blinds at 50/100 - type in a raise to 250 rather than the increments of 100/200/300 given.That probably made no sense. But it's very effective when the blinds are high towards the end of the tourny and you want to raise more than the minimum but maybe not a full double amount.

For the players that bet $x.xx, I just assumed is was a way to help disquise betting patterns. I don't really know at all, as I don't do it, but I got to thinking that may be the reason.

It makes no sense whatsoever, but it may be a sign of strength. The guy has time to mess around with the bet scale, 'cos he's not bothered. If I ever bet 13 against you in PLHE, fold!or 101 in NL STTIt's just a bit of fun for me.

Guest XXEddie

sometimes people when bluffing will bet something like 999 instead of 1000999 will show much more chips than 1000 and sometimes idiots will just see a bunch of chips and thinks its a huge betits a pet peeve of mine, i genrally bet in increment of 5 or 25 annoying when someone bets something like 434The only time i bet odd increments is if im betting the excat amount someone has

Fryer i just saw who your pic was, its kind of pixilated, but anyways Fing hilarous pic.
Yea, best pic I could find of him. "Here's to all the beautiful.......in F-L-A!!"I had Ogie up earlier today.
dEv....BEST AVATAR EVER!! I might have to steeeeeel that.
sometimes people when bluffing will bet something like 999 instead of 1000999 will show much more chips than 1000 and sometimes idiots will just see a bunch of chips and thinks its a huge betits a pet peeve of mine, i genrally bet in increment of 5 or 25 annoying when someone bets something like 434The only time i bet odd increments is if im betting the excat amount someone has
ya see...im not the only crazy one.And Fryer98 ur free to steal that as I stole it from someone on some other forum...just dont touch my sig :D