Question For 10/20 Lhe Foxwoods Veterans

In my younger years, I used to frequent the 10/20 LHE at Foxwoods, but due to the natural progression of life I can no longer afford in this game. I have been for the most part a recreational 4/8 LHE player since. I do often hear people talk about how you now need $800-$1000 to play in the 10/20 LHE game, which blows my mind since I never used to buy in for more than $400-$500. Back when I used to play in that game $500 was the pretty much the norm, and more often than not people would start with less than that. Since I've been out of the loop for a few years, I was wondering if there were any regular current 10/20 Foxwoods LHE players that would be able to shed some light on what the 'norm' is these days. I'm just curious and am interested to see what used to be and compare it to how things are today.

In my younger years, I used to frequent the 10/20 LHE at Foxwoods, but due to the natural progression of life I can no longer afford in this game. I have been for the most part a recreational 4/8 LHE player since. I do often hear people talk about how you now need $800-$1000 to play in the 10/20 LHE game, which blows my mind since I never used to buy in for more than $400-$500. Back when I used to play in that game $500 was the pretty much the norm, and more often than not people would start with less than that. Since I've been out of the loop for a few years, I was wondering if there were any regular current 10/20 Foxwoods LHE players that would be able to shed some light on what the 'norm' is these days. I'm just curious and am interested to see what used to be and compare it to how things are today.
I feel the pain. I belived that the game of poker used to be for man (fathers) and now has become a game for kids.

You dont need $1000 to sit in that game. I sit in the 20 game with 1000 which is more than enough.The bad part about that game is that its a bunch of old miserable guys which makes it a real drag to sit in to.

i play it alot...the game varies so much it's tough to say. alot of the play depends on whether there are tough players coming down from, or on a list for the 20-40 game, or whether you've got a few weekend players looking to splash around a little...500 is a little light for a 10/20 game, no matter where you play - 25 big bets means if you lose 3 pots youre worried about your stack.the 4-8 game is great. my hourly there is just as good as the 10-20 (just not worth the torture of the slow pace.)gl

I've played 10/20 at FW at least once a week for the last couple months. I buy in for a single rack ($500), as do many players. I always have about that much more in my pocket, although I almost never have to add on. Based on what I've seen, the 10/20 game is a lot less aggressive than 20/40, where it seems like it would be more difficult to sit with 25 bb.

I've never bought into any live limit game for more than 25 BB and I don't recall ever having gone broke when I've bought in for that amount. I really don't understand why you would need more than $500 to sit in a 10/20 game. I guess if you get ridiculously unlucky you may need to reload, but in most live games today, unless you get realy unlucky you shouldn't need more than 25 BB.

I play at foxwoods all the time... and when i play 10-20 limit i also only buy in for a rack... its all you really need.. i mean 600 would be the perfect amount i guess.. but 500 usually get me thru the game pretty easily. 1000, way too much in my opinion... but hey, whatever makes you comfortable. like i said, i buy in for a rack with usually 1,000 in my pocket just in case..... but sit with what your comfortable with, but i dont think it should be any less then 500.... Good luck