Dmitri Nobles

The best part of that episode was Adam Schoenfeld Knocking all the guys with the poker tatooes. That segment was priceless, and so true at the same time!"When I sit down at a table and see some guy with a Poker Tatoo. I know hes got NO GAME whatsoever!"LOL!
all Adam Schoenfeld ever does is complain.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post.Although...LAG players that consistently hit flops are very likely to build a very big stack from observant players paying them off.Thus...WHY..a LAG style is optimal for MTT play.Table image is a great stack builder.
it takes a while to develop a table image right, and usually to establish a LAG image you have to lose some chips, or get lucky right off the bat, so it's still kind of the same thing. Not saying good players can't get big stacks, just saying you HAVE to get lucky to have a huge stack early in a tournament.
it takes a while to develop a table image right, and usually to establish a LAG image you have to lose some chips, or get lucky right off the bat, so it's still kind of the same thing. Not saying good players can't get big stacks, just saying you HAVE to get lucky to have a huge stack early in a tournament.
or not get unlucky.- Jordan
no, that's not going to get you a huge stack early, you need to pick up a lot of hands in an inproportionate amount of time to get a huge stack or suck out with crap hands alot. That's lucky.
right..so when donks then TP8K is the nuts and push into your TPTK and hit their 3 outer...that's not getting unlucky? and that's not preventing you from getting a big stack early?this happened to me once today in the first hour (helping me get a big stack early). then the other big hand I had an over pair and lead flop, he raised, i call. turn i CRAI and he insta calls with k6 on 6429 board and misses his 5 outer. that's not not getting unlucky in order to get a big stack?- Jordan
right..so when donks then TP8K is the nuts and push into your TPTK and hit their 3 outer...that's not getting unlucky? and that's not preventing you from getting a big stack early?this happened to me once today in the first hour (helping me get a big stack early). then the other big hand I had an over pair and lead flop, he raised, i call. turn i CRAI and he insta calls with k6 on 6429 board and misses his 5 outer. that's not not getting unlucky in order to get a big stack?- Jordan
a huge stacks is more than doubling up once or even twice, it's winning a bunch of big pots, and even if they are against donkeys like the one in your example, hitting TPTK against TPNK enough times to get a huge stack IS lucky, you are using a very narrow definition of 'lucky' and 'unlucky'.My point is that outplaying people usually results in picking up a lot of small pots and the occasional big pot when you make a huge hand, this is not condusive to amassing a monstrous stack early in a tournament. Hence anyone with a ridiculous huge stack on day one or day two, probably didnt get by the virtue of their great play. This DOES NOT mean they are a bad player, but it also DOES NOT mean they are a good player.
LMAO! I don't know, Danny Nguyen is pretty damn donakfied. That's a close one, maybe we should make a poll? LOL
i really felt like nobles was the worst. the WPT's shows are so edited that we never really saw what got danny to his final table, nor the setups for some of those hands. we know nobles consistently played like a complete and total luckbox donk. i also didn't watch enough of tiffany williamson to know how bad she was, but my money for biggest TV donk is definitely on nobles. this guy was just awful across the board--you could tell just by how he looked at his cards!
He wasn't as bad as people make him out to be. If he was able to get that many chips in that short of an amount of time, he has some skill even if espn didn't show it.
How many times are you going to say this? You're dead wrong. ANY player that can accumulate 550K chips when the blinds are 400-800 is playing every hand, sucking out on every hand, and is a total luckbox/joke. No top pro will ever amass that many chips in such a short time, unless of course he has the dead nuts vs 2nd nuts like 5 times in a row, which is highly unlikely.Anyone with a chip stack like the one Nobles had in such a short period of time is due to his being a donk and if anyone disagrees they don't understand how a MTT works.
How many times are you going to say this? You're dead wrong. ANY player that can accumulate 550K chips when the blinds are 400-800 is playing every hand, sucking out on every hand, and is a total luckbox/joke. No top pro will ever amass that many chips in such a short time, unless of course he has the dead nuts vs 2nd nuts like 5 times in a row, which is highly unlikely.Anyone with a chip stack like the one Nobles had in such a short period of time is due to his being a donk and if anyone disagrees they don't understand how a MTT works.
You are right, nobody can ever become chipleader without playing like a huge moron, good logic there.
Anyone with a chip stack like the one Nobles had in such a short period of time is due to his being a donk and if anyone disagrees they don't understand how a MTT works.
That is very close minded!
You are right, nobody can ever become chipleader without playing like a huge moron, good logic there.
we aren't talking about becoming the chipleader. We are talking about getting 50x the starting stack after day one. That has NOTHING to do with skill no matter what, that's playing lots of hands and getting lucky, not "not getting unlucky", getting LUCKY.
Did you read what I wrote? I said, "IN SUCH A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME!" The other poster, CrazyJoe knows. I used to think most guys on here actually knew a thing or two about poker but you guys are all proving me wrong. I never said that in order for you to be chip leader you need to play like a donk, Im saying that with starting at only 10K chips, and at the 400-800 level he had 550K?!? The only way to do that is to play the SAME way he did when we saw him on T.V. Like a donk. Didn't you hear about his JJ vs QQ runner runner?10K double to 20K, 20K double to 40K, 40K double to 80K, 80K double to 160K, 160k double to 320K. And ONE MORE Double to get to 550K!? 6 double ups? LOL You guys are crazy.
Maybe I'm crazy.......Who da you...who da you who da you who ya you
LOL, well seriously guys. It is almost impossible for anyone to get that many chips, IN SUCH A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME, without playing like a donk. And at first me and my friend looked at each other and said, "Chip stack like that and this early, major donk," but then we decided to give him some "credit" and see how he played...Well we did, and you did too. And if you still think that he was a "great" player and that his "skill" was the reason he got all those chips, Then judging by your poker knowledge I openly invite you to play me heads up for the rest of my life. If you saw how he played at his table it is QUITE obvious he is a donk, and that is 100% the reason he had the chips he had...DUH!
Did you read what I wrote? I said, "IN SUCH A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME!" The other poster, CrazyJoe knows. I used to think most guys on here actually knew a thing or two about poker but you guys are all proving me wrong. I never said that in order for you to be chip leader you need to play like a donk, Im saying that with starting at only 10K chips, and at the 400-800 level he had 550K?!? The only way to do that is to play the SAME way he did when we saw him on T.V. Like a donk. Didn't you hear about his JJ vs QQ runner runner?10K double to 20K, 20K double to 40K, 40K double to 80K, 80K double to 160K, 160k double to 320K. And ONE MORE Double to get to 550K!? 6 double ups? LOL You guys are crazy.
don't bother anymore dude, if they don't get it by now, they won't get it.

I think you guys are correct in essentials, but there is a grey zone with furious early stage play like the play of good players like Tuan Lee and Gavin Smith for example

LOL, well seriously guys. It is almost impossible for anyone to get that many chips, IN SUCH A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME, without playing like a donk. And at first me and my friend looked at each other and said, "Chip stack like that and this early, major donk," but then we decided to give him some "credit" and see how he played...Well we did, and you did too. And if you still think that he was a "great" player and that his "skill" was the reason he got all those chips, Then judging by your poker knowledge I openly invite you to play me heads up for the rest of my life. If you saw how he played at his table it is QUITE obvious he is a donk, and that is 100% the reason he had the chips he had...DUH!
There is no reason why a really good LAG pro on a heater couldnt do this though....I think that is the other side's point.Yours is valid of course....but its not like you couldnt get to 550K at the 400-800 playing well. You would be a card rack but its possible.
There is no reason why a really good LAG pro on a heater couldnt do this though....I think that is the other side's point.Yours is valid of course....but its not like you couldnt get to 550K at the 400-800 playing well. You would be a card rack but its possible.
Their point is not valid, it's stupid. They back it up with, "well you don't know what you are talking about, so let's play HU for the rest of my life." To claim that nobody can amass a huge chipstack without playing badly is retarded. I've amassed big chipleads without playing like a moron, thousands of good player have. If you play LAG and go on a heater, it's possible to get a stack that big.