Greenstein's Mathematics Of Poker

Pretty easy theory to understand although I don't know how valuable or accurate it is. There are a lot of assumptions being made just b/c people have folded.
yeah, that's what I was getting atof course it's great when people actually read this and will call my Late pos open raises with A4, siteing Geenstein for justification. A little info can be dangerous in the wrong (err, right) hands
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me that so many people can't grasp such a basic concept, as expressed by BG here. I would categorize this info as "obvious".
It's not a hard to concept to grasp - it just assumes that no one would fold an A-rag or K-rag in early/mid position.I guess those who can't grasp it would also open raise with A2os UTG.
It's not a hard to concept to grasp - it just assumes that no one would fold an A-rag or K-rag in early/mid position.I guess those who can't grasp it would also open raise with A2os UTG.
I've open raised with A2o on many occasions, even in full 10-handed games. Nothing wrong with that. Don't be formulaic in choosing your starting hands. When you first start off, sure, starting hand charts are a good way to keep you away from trouble. But once you get comfortable with your game, open up and start playing post flop --> you'll make more by making better postflop decisions.
I've open raised with A2o on many occasions, even in full 10-handed games. Nothing wrong with that. Don't be formulaic in choosing your starting hands. When you first start off, sure, starting hand charts are a good way to keep you away from trouble. But once you get comfortable with your game, open up and start playing post flop --> you'll make more by making better postflop decisions.
I sometimes open raise utg with that too (depending on the table conditions) - what I meant to say was the donkeys who can't fold an Ace and no matter what the conditions are, and end up going all in with top pair bottom kicker to a 4 flush board. I can fold an ace postflop, no problem :)It's these people who can't understand the concept.Pardon my incorrect wording :club:
I sometimes open raise utg with that too (depending on the table conditions) - what I meant to say was the donkeys who can't fold an Ace and no matter what the conditions are, and end up going all in with top pair bottom kicker to a 4 flush board. I can fold an ace postflop, no problem :)It's these people who can't understand the concept.Pardon my incorrect wording :club:
Ok, got what you're trying to say.