Explanation Of "m" Needed.

What does "M" stand for or what is it. I have read threads where people state they have an M of 5 or their M is low.Now I would have used the search function but I challenge you to search the letter M.Now I have tried to come up with logical explanations. I kinda think it is a combination of stack size in relation to blinds, fold equity and position.Could someone please explain this to me.

M = (stack) / (cost of one round)
thanks Sluggo, so if I had a stack size of 24k and the blinds were at 2k/4k then M = 4what would a decent M be and at what M value should I think about pushing

M is a concept discussed in Harrington on Hold Em Volume 2 and it deals with inflection points..He gives descriptions of the type of play you should be using when your M is at different pointsFor example, when your M is at or below 3(I believe) you are in the red zone..You need to pushing or folding, and all you need to push is first in aggression..The cards don't really matterHaving an understanding of M is extremely important to complete your tourney game,especially MTTs..I would recommend picking up HOH 2 pronto

M is a concept discussed in Harrington on Hold Em Volume 2 and it deals with inflection points..He gives descriptions of the type of play you should be using when your M is at different pointsFor example, when your M is at or below 3(I believe) you are in the red zone..You need to pushing or folding, and all you need to push is first in aggression..The cards don't really matterHaving an understanding of M is extremely important to complete your tourney game,especially MTTs..I would recommend picking up HOH 2 pronto
I will definitely pick up HOH2, thank you for your explanation.
read Harrington on Holdem II.or ask specific question
I'm sorry I thought I was being specific.I needed to know what M was and I was given an answer.How specific of a question were you looking for?
that one is too general.
okay, notedat least I posted this in general strat :)hey, you still looking for a title? how about these ... "I use statistics the way a drunk uses a lamp post, more for support than enlightenment.""Drawing a mathematically precise line from an unwarranted assumption to a foregone conclusion."
okay, notedat least I posted this in general strat :)hey, you still looking for a title? how about these ... "I use statistics the way a drunk uses a lamp post, more for support than enlightenment.""Drawing a mathematically precise line from an unwarranted assumption to a foregone conclusion."
I like.learning about M certainly helped me to realize I was limping too much with hands like 89s and A3s and 66 whe the stacks were not deep enough. I also push all in a ton more when "low" now. My weakness is figuring out how to play hands like AJ with M = 12. I'm learning that Raise/Fold can still be ok.
I like.learning about M certainly helped me to realize I was limping too much with hands like 89s and A3s and 66 whe the stacks were not deep enough. I also push all in a ton more when "low" now. My weakness is figuring out how to play hands like AJ with M = 12. I'm learning that Raise/Fold can still be ok.
I understood the rationale behind M (unknowingly) but was not clear on it's actual meaning. I have been using the 10x the BB theory (if such a theory exists that is) when short stacked.I will get HOH2 and explore the finer points of MAt least now I have a better understanding when people are posting about M.

It is very similar to that 10 BB theory, however it just takes it a step further and takes into account antes and the small blind, etc, and divides it into several zones, rather than just push or fold.- Zach

the specific question was could someone explain him m. its not that hard to figure out.
did you read my response to Sixhands?Where I quote the part that was too general to answer?you should read the thread.and explaining M is way to extensive for a poker forum response
did you read my response to Sixhands?Where I quote the part that was too general to answer?you should read the thread.and explaining M is way to extensive for a poker forum response
im not going to argue. done. <that better zach?