Sunday School Teacher Dismissed After 54 Years

Why did you decide it was necessary to troll the entire religion board?
because i'd be willing to bet that this is hardkorbeatz rejoined, and he got banned for being a douchebag in here and also racially slurring several members on this board.
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im well aware of the proper way to spell ****** i spell it the cool way thoughkinda like writing ho instead of hoei like how u just sat there for like 5 min thinking of a way to flame me and failed miserablyjust let the hate go donk

Or, it's not meant for just Revelation. I get where you are coming from but if you're wrong you are wrong in a big way. I would say the prudent thing would be to apply that to the bible acroos the board- if God saw fit that something should be in there, maybe, just MAYBE you should listen to it.
The point of the verse is to emphasize the importance of Revelation. It is ALL prophetic and imperative that no one try and add to, or take away anything from the passages it holds. The argument could be made for the entire Bible, but it is stated SPECIFICALLY for Revelation for a reason. That means a lot. To try and apply it across the board is presumptuous. Is the entire Bible important? of course. Should it all be taken literally? Well, if you take the entire book as a whole literally you have to really know your scripture and not be the false prophet who takes verses here and there, twisting them to prove your own point. I mean Satan himself manipulated and quoted Scripture a few times for his own devious plan. You just have to be really careful when you start quoting scripture and applying verses across books. Make sure you have your facts straight and what you are saying is CONSISTENT with all Scripture not just a single portion. Im all for Biblical debate but just make sure you are doing so from an educated position, otherwise your whole argument falls apart and you lose respect from both theists and atheists alike.
Moi? Elaborate please.
Sluggo, I actually appreciate most of your comments. I rarely see you flame people. I think you cause us all to think, and for some, that is way too difficult. I know you choose certain topics to trap thought (ie, does your mom know you prefer farm animals?"), but at least you interact in a meaningful discussion.I'm tired of the "I know you are but what am I comments." I may fail, but I try to reflect, study, and pray before posting.
Sluggo, I actually appreciate most of your comments. I rarely see you flame people. I think you cause us all to think, and for some, that is way too difficult. I know you choose certain topics to trap thought (ie, does your mom know you prefer farm animals?"), but at least you interact in a meaningful discussion.I'm tired of the "I know you are but what am I comments." I may fail, but I try to reflect, study, and pray before posting.
Sorry, I'm not intentionally trying to give misleading and trapping questions. Could you point out some so I can fix them or restate them?
Its clear we both are making our own interpretations. I'm sorry I don't agree with the idea that Paul is saying being human. I think Paul is admitting that he is finding himself sinning despite trying his best to follow.Though seeing how your keen on following Paul to the letter I wonder why you debate me. Paul warns against this type of debate and complains that it causes seperation.I will stop now as I do beleive Paul is correct on this, I suggest you do the same (if you want one parting shot go ahead)
You are catching on quick, but your still one step away. That's right- Paul is finding himself sinning despite trying his best. What should you draw from that? Just not try, or, try and fail as he did- but keep trying? If the goal is perfection, yet perfection is unattainable, does that mean quit pushing towards the goal? No. God does reward the faithful- and the faithful thing to do is to put your head down and bulldoze on. The winnner falls 75 times and gets up 76. Paul is, in this passage, preaching to human beings- what better way to preach than to preach TO people, as one of them and not AT them? Debating does cause seperation. Alot of things cause seperation. God says to contend for the truth- another way to put that is argue for it. You think I should stop. Fair enough. I disagree- I don't quit, because many times in discussion agreement is reached. That's always my goal
The point of the verse is to emphasize the importance of Revelation. It is ALL prophetic and imperative that no one try and add to, or take away anything from the passages it holds. The argument could be made for the entire Bible, but it is stated SPECIFICALLY for Revelation for a reason. That means a lot. To try and apply it across the board is presumptuous. Is the entire Bible important? of course. Should it all be taken literally? Well, if you take the entire book as a whole literally you have to really know your scripture and not be the false prophet who takes verses here and there, twisting them to prove your own point. I mean Satan himself manipulated and quoted Scripture a few times for his own devious plan. You just have to be really careful when you start quoting scripture and applying verses across books. Make sure you have your facts straight and what you are saying is CONSISTENT with all Scripture not just a single portion. Im all for Biblical debate but just make sure you are doing so from an educated position, otherwise your whole argument falls apart and you lose respect from both theists and atheists alike.
I really don't follow. That scripture doesn't say just Revelation. To presume it's just Revelation would be a grave mistake. To presume that just because the Bible was inspired by God doesn't mean you have to listen to the whole thing is just ridiculous. Either you are in or your out- show me one scripture where God ever plays a hand that weakly. You won't find it. He says the Bible is so simple, his word is so simple even a fool could not ere in it- so, this requires an eduacation why again? You know what sad, the one thing that gets completely lost in biblical colleges is God's word. By the time I obtained your "eduacation" it would be completely unrecognizeble. Not in this lifetime.
You know what sad, the one thing that gets completely lost in biblical colleges is God's word. By the time I obtained your "eduacation" it would be completely unrecognizeble. Not in this lifetime.
Just to clarify, I hear not all Christian colleges loose site of the Bible.One can not pick and choose which portions to obey and follow and which to exclude. That being said, from my readings there are instructions that were for a specific place and time. OP, Paul tells women to be silent in church. Women were not schooled in those days. They had questions that were disruptive to the service. He said ask your man at home, not during church. There are other examples in the Bible of women leaders and teachers.
Just to clarify, I hear not all Christian colleges loose site of the Bible.One can not pick and choose which portions to obey and follow and which to exclude. That being said, from my readings there are instructions that were for a specific place and time. OP, Paul tells women to be silent in church. Women were not schooled in those days. They had questions that were disruptive to the service. He said ask your man at home, not during church. There are other examples in the Bible of women leaders and teachers.
I agree, however, not one example of a woman preacher, and since the bible is the blueprint... see where I am going? And as soon as you said " for a specific place and time " you proved my point. Do you see why?
I agree, however, not one example of a woman preacher, and since the bible is the blueprint... see where I am going? And as soon as you said " for a specific place and time " you proved my point. Do you see why?
I know where you are going but I will disagree. Another time and place.

Lois, do you have scripture (although this is circular again) that says the rules are set in stone, regardless of what time passes?And, why can't you believe that bible is inspired by God, but that humans, translating that inspiration, are flawed, and thus a literal reading of the Bible may be as well?

Fundamentalism is much easier to logically accept than watered-down, pick-and-choose-what-to-follow religion.
I think, in general, Religion does not follow logic.

Religion follows logic. You just need to first postulate that the Bible's validity is greater than reality's.Anyway, paradigms need more than logic. Solipism is perfectly logical and fits all the evidence we have. But because it offers no testable predictions, I couldn't care less.

Religion follows logic. You just need to first postulate that the Bible's validity is greater than reality's.Anyway, paradigms need more than logic. Solipism is perfectly logical and fits all the evidence we have. But because it offers no testable predictions, I couldn't care less.
This is not the construct of my mind that I was hoping for. Why didn't my mental construct make me much stronger and more powerful. I wish it would have left out all the hurt and pain I am percieving.
Lois, do you have scripture (although this is circular again) that says the rules are set in stone, regardless of what time passes?And, why can't you believe that bible is inspired by God, but that humans, translating that inspiration, are flawed, and thus a literal reading of the Bible may be as well?
Because in order to accept and follow the bible I have to believe that God has watched over it, and has not allowed the message to get skewed. 2Tim.3[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. That's a good scripture that ties in well. Matter of fact read that whole chapter.
One can and does...
One shouldn't.
Because in order to accept and follow the bible I have to believe that God has watched over it, and has not allowed the message to get skewed. 2Tim.3[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Your quoting the bible as evidence that the bible is perfect isn't exactly the best logic ("How do I know you're telling the truth" "Because I told you I am"). And that I think is what bugs a lot of people (it certainly bugs me), that Christians will justify everything by what is in the bible, but when asked how they can show the bible is correct they either just say it comes down to faith, or use bible quotes to justify it in that great example of circular logic. Nobody doubts that if you accept the bible as absolute trith then you can pull out verses explaining how we should live; showing me why I should possibly the thing is absolute truth is where the real issue is, especially in light of all the contradictions and stretches of common sense in it that have been discussed to death on this board (granted you don't see those as contradictions but they sure seem that way to me).
Because in order to accept and follow the bible I have to believe that God has watched over it, and has not allowed the message to get skewed.
Lois, I believe this belief of yours falls under the "dogma" category you so despise.
Your quoting the bible as evidence that the bible is perfect isn't exactly the best logic ("How do I know you're telling the truth" "Because I told you I am").
Exactly.
Your quoting the bible as evidence that the bible is perfect isn't exactly the best logic ("How do I know you're telling the truth" "Because I told you I am"). And that I think is what bugs a lot of people (it certainly bugs me), that Christians will justify everything by what is in the bible, but when asked how they can show the bible is correct they either just say it comes down to faith, or use bible quotes to justify it in that great example of circular logic. Nobody doubts that if you accept the bible as absolute trith then you can pull out verses explaining how we should live; showing me why I should possibly the thing is absolute truth is where the real issue is, especially in light of all the contradictions and stretches of common sense in it that have been discussed to death on this board (granted you don't see those as contradictions but they sure seem that way to me).
If it's o.k for science to overlook things like say, lack of tangible proof when it comes to evolution why is it not o.k. for me to overlook silly **** like 2 guys having a different account of what hapened at something? I need to get to work real quick but a case CAN be made scientifically for biblical divinity, starting in Genesis. This will cause Canada to lose his mind but let's start with an easy one. Tell me why this scripture has been proven by science?Gen.2[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Here's a hint- the answer is in the phrase "dust of the ground".