PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP3 ($100)CO ($154.75)Button ($134.35)SB ($103.10)BB ($124.70)UTG ($97)UTG+1 ($39.15)Hero ($208.10)MP2 ($38.55)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 7 :) , 6 :) . 2 folds, Hero calls $1, 2 folds, CO calls $1, 1 fold, SB raises to $5, BB calls $4, Hero calls $4, CO folds.Flop: ($16) 3 :D , 8 :club: , 9 :)(3 players)SB checks, BB bets $10, Hero calls $10, SB folds.Turn: ($36) 2 :D(2 players)BB bets $10, Hero calls $10.River: ($56) T :D(2 players)BB bets $20, Hero calls $20.Final Pot: $96To raise, or not to raise? If so, how much?I'm actually pretty sure this is a raise, but I played scared at the time.If we raise, how much? What do we do to push?Any comments on my flop turn play? Sometimes I play these draws passively, sometimes I'll raise it up, any thoughts?Villain is 23/9/5.0 after 44 hands.

I think if you're not willing to get it all in here, dont raise. I wouldnt want to raise, then get re-raised and call/fold.

i'll go against the tide...why are we calling the flop and turn if we're not going to raise on the river when we make our hand?

i'll go against the tide...why are we calling the flop and turn if we're not going to raise on the river when we make our hand?
Great point!Sometimes you can hit the card you were waiting for - that you PAID for - and then you still freeze when you realize the your dream card didn't even give you the strength to go for it. In this case, what beats you? Flush or Q/J. I don't see this guy making reckless bets with just Q/J or even a flush draw.I think he has something like a pair of Ks or QsWhat was the result?

I would definately put in a raise here.Hands that beat us:A flush, QJ, J7.Hands that make sense leading the flop..76dd? QJ and J7 just don't seem to fit with the action, and a flush seems unlikely too.Hands that make more sense are sets and two pair holdings.Depending on the type of villain I make a minraise here, or I push.Btw, I would raise the flop most of the time, depending on the original raiser.

I love how when I think I misplay a hand, I post it, and people like my line.My instincts are wicked.:club:
The reason you may think you misplayed it, is because in limit, you're betting here, and sometimes even raising here, with your hand. But in NL, if your opponent puts you to a decision for your whole stack, then you have a problem. So we must be cautious, that we dont get moved off the best hand on the river.

Being that he raised from the BB, J10 isnt out of the quesiton either and he most likely would be bettin with a straight draw, and when he missed on the river he made top pair or possibly a set, but either way id still push here.

:club: Exactamundo. You were willing to chase the open ended straight draw, so maximize your profits now that you've hit it!The hands that beat you are QJ, J7, or a flush. I certainly wouldn't be worried about the backdoor flush, and I don't see QJ or J7 raising preflop out of position. They probably have an overpair at best. I would probably raise it to $50 and hope they make a crying call for the extra $30. You might even get his stack if he has a set and pushes back.