Ok, so say i have an up and down straight draw and 2 overs, that gives me8 outs, and there is $80 in the pot, and my opponent bets $40, so i am gettin 3-1 on my money and i about 5.5-1 but if i hit my hand i will get another $120 from my oppoent, does this sound right

Ok, so say i have an up and down straight draw and 2 overs, that gives me8 outs, and there is $80 in the pot, and my opponent bets $40, so i am gettin 3-1 on my money and i about 5.5-1 but if i hit my hand i will get another $120 from my oppoent, does this sound right
THAT DEPENDS ON A LOT OF THINGS, LIKE HOW MUCH HE HAS IN FRONT OF HIM, HOW MUCH YOU DO, AND WHETHER HE WILL ACTUALLY PAY YOU OFF, BUT YES, IF HE WILL PAY YOU OFF FOR SURE, WHICH YOU CAN NEVER TELL, THEN YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND MAKE THE CALL, AS YOU ARE ONLY ABOUT 4.5-1 AGAINST, NOT 5.5-1 TO MAKE YOUR STRAIGHT, NOT TO MENTION THE OVERS BUT MAYBE YOU'LL BE PAYING OFF WITH THE OVERS IF YOU HIT, AND YOU CAN MAKE THE CALL BECAUSE OF THE IMPLIED ODDS OF HIM CALLING YOUR BET ON THE RIVER BUT YOU CAN NEVER TELL FOR SURE IF HE'LL CALL YOUR BET ON THE RIVER BECAUSE MAYBE HE WAS BLUFFING, AND YOU NEVER KNOW MAYBE HE HAS THE SAME STRAIGHT DRAW SO YOU CAN'T REALLY TELL FOR SURE BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR IMPLIED ODDS ARE PRETTY GOOD AND YOU MIGHT GET PAID OFF FOR THE WHOLE THING IF THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES THEN GOOD OTHERWISE IT DIDN'T WORK OUT SO NEXT HAND.
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying you have here, but if you have an opened ended straight draw, that's 8 outs. If you also have 2 overs, that's 6 more outs.The odds sounds right as long as you feel your opponent is on a hand he won't lay down.
You're getting 3-1 on your money in a situation where your 14 outs two times is probably ahead. I'd say you should really consider calling, if not raising. That is ofcourse, assuming I understand you correctly; You have JT and the flop comes 98x, right? Don't make it a habit to count the T as an out, and don't be some confident in the J, either.
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying you have here, but if you have an opened ended straight draw, that's 8 outs. If you also have 2 overs, that's 6 more outs.The odds sounds right as long as you feel your opponent is on a hand he won't lay down.
from what i understand i believe you are right, the main thing is he wont fold his hand