Managing A 50$ Bankroll

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll I started playing $.05/$.10 cash tables on monday, and now I'm almost at $150, so I'll just keep playing those until I can move up to the next level ($0.10/$0.25 at $500). I realize I'm playing a bit out of my BR right now, but there are few options for anything less, and since this is working then I might as well keep doing it =P.So two questions,First is there any "rule" about when you should take money out for your own profit, should I just leave it all in my bankroll? I doubt there is a simple and true answer to this, but dosen't hurt to ask =P.Also I still like SNGs, but the 1$ ones are crappy, and the profits seem almost meaningless now, how much money should I have in my bankroll before I start playing 5$ SNGs?

first is there any "rule" about when you should take money out for your own profit, should I just leave it all in my bankroll? I doubt there is a simple and true answer to this, but dosen't hurt to ask =P.Also I still like SNGs, but the 1$ ones are crappy, and the profits seem almost meaningless now, how much money should I have in my bankroll before I start playing 5$ SNGs?
1. personal preference. Spend now or make more for later, your choise2. $150 is good for $5 SnG's (single table)

i deposited $50 on UB to play $1 SNGS. the structure is great. while i had all my focus on the SNG i was nut peddling a LOW NL game and basically stacked off player after player. i think most are just messing around but for someone with only $50, it could be really profitable.

1. personal preference. Spend now or make more for later, your choise2. $150 is good for $5 SnG's (single table)
QFT but don't start playing 5$ sngs now if your playing cash games too. if you have 150 now. get it up to 300 and then you can play your cash games and sngs safely.
QFT but don't start playing 5$ sngs now if your playing cash games too. if you have 150 now. get it up to 300 and then you can play your cash games and sngs safely.
im a newbie to forums.can someone explain to me what QFT, NH, OP and other abbreviations mean?Im at a loss.
im a newbie to forums.can someone explain to me what QFT, NH, OP and other abbreviations mean?Im at a loss.
QFT = Quoted For TrutheryOP = Origonal Post(er)NH = Nice HandAnd, ok I'll try to stay away from the 5$ SNGs for now I might jump into one here or there, but mainly cash games till I hit 300ish...I just suffered a major beat that put me back to 130, staright flush vs straight flush (:'(), ugh I played for so long to get 60$ at one table :club: then to drop back down so fast :D.
but don't start playing 5$ sngs now if your playing cash games too. if you have 150 now. get it up to 300 and then you can play your cash games and sngs safely.
why wait?(assuming $150 is enough for the cash games and for the SnG's separatly)why not play both if he wants?

yeah i know. but if he starts playing 5 dollar sngs and loses a few of those and hes losing in the cash games as well. hes going to drop down at a quicker pace. that could cause a newer player to try and jump limits and that could become worse. for newer players or any player for that matter, it doesnt hurt at all to overbankroll yourself and play it safe.

yeah i know. but if he starts playing 5 dollar sngs and loses a few of those and hes losing in the cash games as well. hes going to drop down at a quicker pace. that could cause a newer player to try and jump limits and that could become worse. for newer players or any player for that matter, it doesnt hurt at all to overbankroll yourself and play it safe.
but you should not correlate that with the fact he's playing more than one game. Advising someone to be overbankrolled has nothing to do with how many games he plays. Just like he could play only Cash games and lose. Why would the pace be quicker alternating between cash and sng's?
i dont know. i like to have a little padding in my bankroll. if hes playing sngs and cash games at the same time would that make a difference IYO?
no.Your Variance would not increase, per tourney or hand.I'd just make sure I had at least an amount to satisfy "bankroll requirements" for the game that required the most. if he was playing stud, no limit, omaha and razz..I'd want the amount to cover the game and stakes that required the biggest roll.hope that makes sense
i dont know. i like to have a little padding in my bankroll. if hes playing sngs and cash games at the same time would that make a difference IYO?
When ya'll say same time, do ya'll mean multitabling or just switching back and forth?I don't trust my multitabling right now, I just can't remember how everyone plays where I gotta keep track of that many, hell I can bearly handle the other 5 people at a 5 person table.I doubt people that multitable are able to keep track, but I find it more profitable when I can tell easier where people are at in a hand =P.
When ya'll say same time, do ya'll mean multitabling or just switching back and forth?I don't trust my multitabling right now, I just can't remember how everyone plays where I gotta keep track of that many, hell I can bearly handle the other 5 people at a 5 person table.I doubt people that multitable are able to keep track, but I find it more profitable when I can tell easier where people are at in a hand =P.
I mean at the rate you play them now.If you play one cash table ,then I would mean playing 1 cash table or 1 SnG, not simultaneously.If you did start playing 2 Cash tables at a time you would experience an increase in Variance per Unit of Time. The Same Variance per Hand Played, and a lower Variance of the Average Variance per table. All assuming you played the same style as u do one-tabling

i was referring more to multi tabling. if you feel confident in your ability to play 5$ sngs and your cash games i guess you can do that. but if you arnt that confident i would advise getting a little extra $$$ in your br before making the jump to multiple games. if you feel comfortable with the amount of $ your putting on the line when buying into a table or sng then you should be fine.