Official English Premier League Thread

Same here.In work, finished all my work and they have nothing for me.Arsenal 3- 1 Liverpool(Im going for a 1-1 in the 2nd leg_Acutal score 1-1Villa 1 - 1 Bolton Actual score 4-0Blackburn 2 - 1 Spurs Actual score 1-1Fulham 0 - 1 Sunderland Actual score 1-3Man City 1 - 3 Chelsea Actual score 0-2Newcastle 1 - 1 Reading Actual score 3-0Wigan 0 - 1 Birmingham Actual score 2-0Everton 2 - 0 Derby Actual score 1-0Middlesbrough 1 - 1 Man Utd Actual score 2-2
3 results right and no perfect scores, dammitMark Lawrenson got 5 right and 1 perfect score.Bastard.Still my Manchester prediction was a good one. Although im not too happy about it, my dads a Man U fan so I'm always half up for them. And I want Man U to win the champs league. Ferguson has dominated the premiership for so long bringing out team after team, he deserves at least 2 more champions leagues titles.Why the hell didnt I back Newcastle(my team) to win.Delighted we are playing 4-3-3 and the 3 strikers scored. Hopefully we can keep Martins in the summer, I doubt it.And no LB, not in the Pub:( Im in Israel for now working, and weekday starts on a sunday. Shit Buzz. Managed to have all the champion league matches off.GFs not too appreciative off my days off being co-orindinated around football
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 results right and no perfect scores, dammit
4 results right for me, 1 perfect score.Out of 9 results, where there are only 3 possible results... I guess that's pretty average.
Mark Lawrenson got 5 right and 1 perfect score.Bastard.
Ewww, you lost to Lawro, minus 20 cool points.

Prediction time again.Birmingham 1- 0 EvertonBolton 2 - 1 West HamDerby 0- 2 Aston VillaReading 1-0 FulhamSunderland 2-1 Man CityTottenham 3-1 MiddlesboroughPortsmouth 1-2 Newcastle ( I want to pick a draw but I'll let my loyalties blind me)Liverpool 2- Blackburn 0Man U 1 - 1 Arsenal (2 red cards)Chelsea 4 - 1 Wigan

Prediction time again.Man U 1 - 1 Arsenal (2 red cards)
Stop doing that! Goddamn you! :club: I'll disagree with you again, and say United win 3-1.Apparently Ferdinand is playing - no Vidic though, and Ferdinand can't be 100% fit with 3 stiches in his foot, but hey, at least he's playing.I can't even begin to describe (again.. sorry guys) how important they both are to us, especially at this late stage of the season. Would be a huge shame if we lost out on a trophy because of that. Although, I'll have no complaints against Barca, as they are without Puyol, so fair's fair. Just to illustrate their importance with stats though...Recent results:Fulham 0-3 Man Utd 01 Mar 08 | Premier League Man Utd 2-0 Bolton 19 Mar 08 | Premier League Man Utd 3-0 Liverpool 23 Mar 08 | Premier League Man Utd 4-0 Aston Villa 29 Mar 08 | Premier League Derby 0-1 Man Utd 15 Mar 08 | Premier League Middlesbrough 2-2 Man Utd <<<------ No coinidence we concede our first League goals for ages - Vidic out and Rio limps off06 Apr 08 | Premier League I'll be back to do predictions in a bit, going for a chinese, then back to watch the golf. Friday night heaven, imo.
Stop doing that! Goddamn you! :club: I'll disagree with you again, and say United win 3-1.Apparently Ferdinand is playing - no Vidic though, and Ferdinand can't be 100% fit with 3 stiches in his foot, but hey, at least he's playing.I can't even begin to describe (again.. sorry guys) how important they both are to us, especially at this late stage of the season. Would be a huge shame if we lost out on a trophy because of that. Although, I'll have no complaints against Barca, as they are without Puyol, so fair's fair. Just to illustrate their importance with stats though...I'll be back to do predictions in a bit, going for a chinese, then back to watch the golf. Friday night heaven, imo.
lol, can't help it, I'm just basing my prediction on all the previous matches. Once the match kicks off, it never seems to matter all the surrounding events, its always tight, usually involving a late goal.The defense is a big deal, definitely, at least Chelsea are having keeper troubles. Avram Grants head is on the chopping block so I can't help but be a bit up for the underdog even though I pretty much hate chelsea.He took over a team of "mourihno" players. He needs the chance to bring in his own players, he never even got a pre-season chance to insert his will. Chelsea are doing a lot better now than when he took over.Whenever Chelsea got in trouble it was always going to fall on him. And his personality was never going to win people over.Honestly I don't consider him anywhere near as good as the other top managers but he still deserves some time.Which he has no chance in hell of getting.And your friday sounds a hell of a lot better than mine even though I don't like golf, I'm in work in 5 hours.
Man U 1 - 1 Arsenal (2 red cards)
I like this. Any idea the odds/payout of correct score and red card predictions?
I like this. Any idea the odds/payout of correct score and red card predictions?
12/1if you bet 10 you get 120. I could only find it as two single bets. It works out as 12/1 combined. On BlueSquare.comCould be better odds, I could not find the bet anywhere else. Everyone just had over and under style bets. So a yellow could ruin your bet. Not the one above thoughIm working at starting up a sports betting site for a company, so I was actually working figuring this out. Working on a sunday, shittest buzz ever though
Crucial equalizer there.3 games left... all Utd have to do is win 2, lose 1 and we're champions. Draw against Chelsea would seal it though.
Ja-hammy bastards!
Ja-hammy bastards!
um if we got the handball decision that was blatant i think it would have been a win i feel unlucky just having the 1-1 after that decision :club: if thats jammy then i think i have been misusing the word.

BBC is great for when you are in work.Half time chelsea are all over them and 1-0 up.2 matches in a row Man United are not playing positive football. They could easily be playing great attacking football but I won't try second guess FergieEven if Chelsea win, Man United just have to beat Wigan and West Ham to win the title

Yeah, it's a deserved lead.I hate how United are playing. It's all long ball, defend, long ball, defend.
Yea I was pretty disappointed with the Barca match.Same long ball approach. I always want the English clubs to prove they are the best in Europe by playing great football.Yes I realise tactics are necessary etc for whoevers about to remind about it

lol that he couldnt even celebrate because of his hip.Thats unforgivable from Chelsea, this type of game.Of course no one will remember it while they are waving Grant out the door

Chelsea deserved the win. Man United were shite. Nani and Anderson aren't fit to wear the strip. Silvestre was excellent given this was his first start since the Titanic went down, losing Vidic was a blow obviously but they offered nothing in an attacking sense and were lucky that Ferriera/Carvalho's mess-up lead to a goal.I still think they'll win the league but West Ham are something of a bogey team...

Nani and Anderson are good players, I just think it was a mistake to play them in this match.I don't get it tbh. Biggest match of the season so we take out Hargreaves, Scholes and Ronaldo and bring in Nani, Anderson and Fletcher. Why?We played defensive football and set out to get a draw. Why then, did we not go with defensive players?

Nani and Anderson are good players, I just think it was a mistake to play them in this match.I don't get it tbh. Biggest match of the season so we take out Hargreaves, Scholes and Ronaldo and bring in Nani, Anderson and Fletcher. Why?We played defensive football and set out to get a draw. Why then, did we not go with defensive players?
Im guessing the master plan, is rest for Barca, on Tuesday. Beat with full attacking team Barc, then full animal team for west ham and wigan. Champs final and title wrapped upGo on Newcastle!!btw

Nani and Anderson, while young, are vastly overrated imo. Today, in a big game, they could have shown that they are the next generation of Manchester Utd. But they didn't. Nani is a winger who couldn't outpace Mikel or Carvalho and did not chose ONE correct pass the whole game. Anderson, with Carrick and Fletcher the holding midfielders, had to be the creative spark in attack, he wasn't, he was completely outmatched by Ballack and Essien (though they are obviously great players) but again he picked the wrong pass everytime and made no effort to run at players. Still has 0 goals for the season.Rafa Benitez is constantly criticised when Gerrard/Torres/Carragher doesn't play, but the fact is he plays his best players in the games that matter. This one mattered and as much as I hate to disagree with SAF, he got his team selection very wrong. You Mancs better hope that he's proven correct come Tuesday.