It's Never Too Early

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say hi to the new #1 team in the Nation. If the voters get it right.
Wouldn't get too excited, every team that gets it seems to lose it after two weeks. And if I'm not mistaken Wisconsin plays at OSU this week.

Ugh. I kinda saw the loss at Michigan State coming, they are a pretty decent team, jacking up 3's with 2:00 left down by 5 wasn't a smart decision. Not to mention, the only loss they suffered at home was to the Buckeyes. This game basically decides if Wisconsin gets a #1 seed or not in the NCAA Tournament, and because of Florida losing, I have no idea who would be #1 if Wisconsin wins this game.

Ugh. I kinda saw the loss at Michigan State coming, they are a pretty decent team, jacking up 3's with 2:00 left down by 5 wasn't a smart decision. Not to mention, the only loss they suffered at home was to the Buckeyes. This game basically decides if Wisconsin gets a #1 seed or not in the NCAA Tournament, and because of Florida losing, I have no idea who would be #1 if Wisconsin wins this game.
Prolly UCLA or Carolina. Maybe Kansas if UNC loses today.
I'm well aware of the caliber of talent they were playing, but two losses are still two losses.
If I was voting I'm not penalizing them for losing on the road to the #1 team by such a small margin. Especially when you take into account one of there starters left the game with a injury in the first half.And like I said, might be a big deal but Florida just lost 3 of 4, UNC lost this week, everyone below Wisconsin pretty much lost a game last week too. So don't really penalize them for losing to #1 and thats why the only drop a few slots.It's not like this is college football where dropping or going up in the polls a few slots at the end of the season is going to matter much. They are pretty much a guaranteed top 8 seed in the tournament, thats all that really matters.

North Carolina loses again, can a top 10 team win on the road this week? As I say this, UCLA is barely holding on to a lead against Washington St.And it looks like they're gonna hold on.

I don't feel like searching but when does the actual NCAA tourney start. I wanna say middle to end of next week.
Next Thursday.And I hope that the UCLA loss means that Carolina gets their number one seed back. I know there isnt a big difference between 1 and 2 seeds, but being a 1 seed is still better. Its a pride thing.
Next Thursday.And I hope that the UCLA loss means that Carolina gets their number one seed back. I know there isnt a big difference between 1 and 2 seeds, but being a 1 seed is still better. Its a pride thing.
There is a big difference between 1-2 seeds. I'm still waiting for a 1-16 upset....I think there's been a couple 2-15 upsets.
There is a big difference between 1-2 seeds. I'm still waiting for a 1-16 upset....I think there's been a couple 2-15 upsets.
There have been maybe 3 2-15 upsets. Its not that much of a difference.

From Wikipedia:The #1 seed has beaten the #16 seed all 88 times (100%). The #2 seed has beaten the #15 seed 84 times (95%). (4 times #2 has lost)The #3 seed has beaten the #14 seed 73 times (83%). (15 times #3 has lost)The #4 seed has beaten the #13 seed 70 times (80%). (18 times #4 has lost)And of course the guaranteed 5 vs 12 upsetThe #5 seed has beaten the #12 seed 59 times (67%). (29 times #5 has lost)Everybody sign up for VIP at NCAASports.com?

KU / UNC / Texas (COMPLETELY RANDOM, but thinking a carmelo'izing will happen with durant) / Ohio Statelittle too obvious (cept for texas) but ill stick with it
incidentally my final four is nowKU, Gtown, Texas A&M, and Florida