Rake For A Bachelor Party

Does anybody have any good formats for running a cash game at a bachelor party so the groom makes a little bit of money? I was thinking about having it like a $50-100 NL with $1-2 blinds. Raking the pot $1 if there is betting and they see the flop, $2 if bets on the turn, and $3 for bets on the river. So it is a $3 max rake on a pot. Any ideas or formats would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance!!!Mjoz

Charging rake is illegal. Find a way to disguise it, such as people pitching in to pay for the stripper(s), coke or booze. Or just walk around the table and snag a chip or two off each player to cover it. People will be hammered before too long, so they may not even notice.

I understand about the raking of friends in any game, but we kind of want the money to go to the house. The way we run Bachelor parties is that anything the house makes goes to the groom for their honeymoon. For mine, my buddies gave us almost $1200. We have made anywhere from $500-$2000 from most parties, and they are good ones. We usually try to roll 12's on the craps tables on purpose so the groom gets it.

i've thrown a bach party so i know alot of $ goes into it (if its a good one)but raking friends is weak. if you're looking to make up funds, charging for a seat at the table per hour makes it better IMO
Understood, but gambling at bachelor parties is illegal too, so we might as well go all out. No worry, it is a FOP hall, and we will have plenty of cops there, not to mention possibly some government officals.Our last party was the best, we had 4 of the 7 city council members and the mayor, not to mention the head of the Fire department, and half of the police force (not to mention most of the other stopped by to grab some pizza).

I am a underground poker club operator/criminal.DO a time charge.That is legal in most states. You must however offer a service other than poker for their time charge...like free beer/drinks..etc..Charge per hour...usually..one BB per hour per guy..

I am a underground poker club operator/criminal.DO a time charge.That is legal in most states. You must however offer a service other than poker for their time charge...like free beer/drinks..etc..Charge per hour...usually..one BB per hour per guy..
That sounds good, like $2 an hour per guy? I am thinking I will leave a tip jar out too, in case somebody wins a big pot and wants to tip the groom, does that sound fair?

I also ran an underground card club for a few years in Chicago. I had a rake BUT I also had 4 of the hottest female dealers you ever seen and comped everyone food and booze for the night. If the game is a self deal game a time charge is always the better way to go.Erik

I also ran an underground card club for a few years in Chicago. I had a rake BUT I also had 4 of the hottest female dealers you ever seen and comped everyone food and booze for the night. If the game is a self deal game a time charge is always the better way to go.Erik
Well I am not that hot, or female, but we will have 4 rather hot female entertainers doing some other things during the night.
That sounds good, like $2 an hour per guy? I am thinking I will leave a tip jar out too, in case somebody wins a big pot and wants to tip the groom, does that sound fair?
yeah I would do $5 an hour since it is for a friend right?**** foxwoods charges that for a half an hour.
We usually try to roll 12's on the craps tables on purpose so the groom gets it.
Care to explain how the hell you go about trying to accomplish this? Don't tell me your buddies are the guys I see at Foxwoods turning each die over and over before they throw so that they're positioned perfectly to randomly land on the right numbers.And yes, I did just say "positioned perfectly to randomly land." It's a conceptual oxymoron, which is why I'm dumbfounded as to why people try to do it.
Care to explain how the hell you go about trying to accomplish this? Don't tell me your buddies are the guys I see at Foxwoods turning each die over and over before they throw so that they're positioned perfectly to randomly land on the right numbers.And yes, I did just say "positioned perfectly to randomly land." It's a conceptual oxymoron, which is why I'm dumbfounded as to why people try to do it.
Oh, we don't have any way of doing it, but we tend to cheer when we do since we know the money is going to a good cause.

I actually organized one of these. The goal is to raise funds for the groom not to have a +EV situation. Since there's plenty of booze and eventually naked girls you never hear complaints about the set-up. Besides, if you don't want to play nobody's making you.There was blackjack where ties goes to the house.For poker I had myself dealing and I'm pretty quick and move the action. For $1-2 NLHE I took a 10% rake with a $5 max (which is pretty big)If you have crappy dealers then charge $4 per half hour...I don't what to list all the reasons why it's better than hourly...trust me, it is....and DEFINITELY have a tip jar at any table where there's gambling.