I have been playing for about a year and have seen one, but never had one. Was smash joking about playing 2450 hands... sometimes i can't pick up on well crafted humor. He did write" seriously" so im a little confused.

I got my first one tonight! About two hours later I got :clubsa: :diamondsa: :heartsa: :spadesa: . Crazy game, still lost money tonight. :(PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) converterButton ($15.40)SB ($8.50)Hero ($22)UTG ($9.95)UTG+1 ($9)MP1 ($49.60)MP2 ($5.75)CO ($6.25)Preflop: Hero is BB with [Kc], [6c]. CO posts a blind of $0.25. 2 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: ($1.25) [Ac], [9d], [Jc] (5 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO bets $0.25, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50, MP1 folds, CO calls $0.25.Turn: ($2.75) [Tc] (3 players)Hero checks, CO bets $0.25, Button calls $4.50.River: ($28.25) [Qc] (3 players)Hero bets $11.25 (All-In), Button folds.Final Pot: $39.50Results in white below: Hero has Kc 6c (straight flush, ace high). CO has Ah 3h (one pair, aces). Outcome: Hero wins $39.50.

I have seen 2,450 hands in 98 hrs of play since 1/14/5. No even 1/3 of an online players exposure I'm sure.I played more than that....yesterday.Seriously.Two diffrent worlds.
Wow.Smash, you are like,A god."Oh-ummmmm, Oh-ummmmm..."

I have been playing for about a year online, and probably have played in about 500,000 hands, just a shade under that.Anyways, I have yet to have a Royal flush and have only seen one.During that same time I have had just one straight flush, king high.But I do not, and let me repeat do not chase them.Another point to mention there is a major difference in Limit and NL. Limit you will have a lot more of them just because you have more people in the pot and see the river a lot more.I play only NL, which is what Phil does most of the time I think, so many times they may not see a flop or make it past the flop. So taking all of these things I could definately agree with him on it.If you take 100 players that each played 1 million hands online, I am certain one of them will have had 10 Royals and a few will have had none. It's all in how cards run and they aren't going to be the same for everybody.

Got my nut flush smoked by a low strtflush last week, haven't had a RF or even seen one myself though. Had a few draws lately at a RF after the flop, been too spendy to chase past the turn...

Just saw one in a live Miller Light sponsored free-roll WSOP sattellite.5 handed tableQJc made the royal to beat a 45c flush.Same 5 handed table had AA vs KK a few hands later. Another table same tourney had a FH go down to AAAA. Crazy cards. If it had been an online event people would have been calling it rigged.

It is amazing how many ppl on this forum have made Royal's in the past few months. I mean reading this thread there must be atleast 40-50 hit in the last 6 months from ppl on this forum. WOW 8) I think it is all luck in hitting them obviously, but the law of averages says that since I have never hit one in all my hours of play that someone will have for me, just like many other ppl in the poker world. So having someone play as long as Hellmuth and only make 2 is not that strange in the grand scheme of things.As a side note I have made 3 sets of Quads the last 2 nights of playing. Weird IMO. All of them pair in hand and on board, no weenie 1 card quads. lol