Time For The Grind To Begin.

I dont really consider myself a pro, or anything like that. I just play cards.However, I'm finally getting my own apartment (in oct), which I'm setting aside a years worth of rent + funds in a seperate bank account to make payments and live off of. Then I have a 50 buy in roll for whatever limit I'm playing.I don't know your situation entirely, but I'd suggest having a lot of money saved up and cut out before you try to "make it", playing 5/10 or whatever.Good luck.- Jordan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it?Assuming two full weeks of vacation, thats only $35/hour. If he's playing 3 tables with 100% rakeback, he's less than a 1BB/100 winner.What reason would you have to believe that you're good enough to beat a game that high?
Where can you get 100% rakeback? Good luck in the journey Spence!

Spence your bankroll is listed in the opening entry on your blog as under $5000.00 and you were down $600.00 in less than 48 hours.IMO you are in waaaaaay over your head. To play 'for a living' you are going to need a hell of a lot more than 5K to get started.Like you said variance is a btchjust be careful man. If you really insist on trying to do this for a living...try 4 tabling the $15+1's and discipline yourself not to have any more than 5% of your roll in play at any given time.But like I said I really think you should reconsider.. you just don't have a deep enough bankroll to support bills/rent/car payment/cell phone/beer/weed or whateverwhatever you decide good luck to you

• 3 months later...

He took most of his bankroll and savings and invested in Poker Tek Stock :club: Symbol: PTEK - He was in the FCP IRC chat room just last night.