Hearts Conference Scenario's

DIVISION WINNERS 5150'SCHEAP THIEVES HC DUKES ELIMINATED VIVA LA JOPKEHOOSIER'S HEROSTEAM RAMRODCC RIDERSWERTHY JERKSBROCCOLI TEAM ARENAS - Can win Baldwin division with a win in week 15 THE CZARS - Can win Baldwin division with a win (over Team Arenas) and a Degenerates loss THE CZARS & DEGENERATES will meet in a playoff if both teams win. WILDCARD SCENARIO'S (not counting Team Arenas which could throw a wrench into the works(assuming Arenas win the division - these are the scenario's)Cigar lovers - win and your in.CC Riders - can force a playoff with a win AND Bayside, the Degenerates, Crunch bunch and the Czars all lose.Lost Leader - can force a playoff with a win AND Bayside, the Degenerates, Crunch bunch and the Czars all lose.Crunch Bunch - will get wildcard with a win and a Bayside, Degenerates, Czars loss or Can force a playoff with a loss and 3 of Bayside, Degenerates, Czars and Cigar lovers losingThe Czars - Can get wildcard with a win AND if Bayside, Cigar Lovers, and the Degenerates all lose OR with a loss and 2 of Bayside, Degenerates and Crunch bunch losing to force a playoffThe Degenerates - Can get wildcard with a win AND if Bayside, Cigar Lovers, and the the Czars all lose OR with a loss and 2 of Bayside, Czars and Crunch bunch losing to force a playoffThe Bayside - Can get wildcard with a win AND if The Czars, Cigar Lovers, and the Degenerates all lose OR with a loss and 2 of The Czars, Degenerates and Crunch bunch losing to force a playoffI think.

Cigar lovers - win and your in.
question sleuthis why would cigar lovers clinch a wc spot with just a win?...if both of us win, well both be 8-7 and the degenerates owns tie breakers on cigar lovers.(head2head)
question sleuthis why would cigar lovers clinch a wc spot with just a win?...if both of us win, well both be 8-7 and the degenerates owns tie breakers on cigar lovers.(head2head)
damn it..........(I knew I had to have missed one)

Sleu, I know you'll be rooting for us next week to make your life a little easier :club: . If Czars beats us next week then there could possibly be us, Degens/Czars after playoff, Cigar Lovers, Crunch Bunch, and Bayside fighting for the 2 wildcard spots with identical 8-7 records and different tiebreakers over each other.For Team Arenas, I believe either a Cigar Lovers loss or Degens loss would put us in as a wildcard if we lose to czars, but if we lose and they both win then I think we root for the other 7-7 teams for a mutiway tie. Isn't our conference more interesting than Spades now?

I knew this was going to get interesting. Still, if Bayside wins, we have a 2-0 record v. Crunch Bunch, and a 1-0 record over the Czars. Of course, those are the only other wildcard teams that we have played.I guess the bottom line is that we just have to win next week's game and take it from there...Another interesting thing that you noted, is that if Cigar Lovers wins, then they are in. How can this be if there are other wins in the wildcard? Cigar Lovers has the worst Division record of any of the wildcard teams, which IS the second tie breaker as per the Rules page. As an example, if Degenerates wins, and Cigar Lovers wins, then Degenerates have a 1-0 advantage in their series, plus the better division record. I don't think that we can say at this point that if Cigars wins, they are in.Damn, I'm just confusing myself. Either way, I think that since this is so confusing, playoff decisions are going to have to be laid out and shown why one team was in over another.EDIT: I just noticed Sleuthis' post about missing one. Still, if Bayside wins and Czars wins, we would still have the H2H advantage. OK, too much drinking, time to stop now.

I knew this was going to get interesting. Still, if Bayside wins, we have a 2-0 record v. Crunch Bunch, and a 1-0 record over the Czars. Of course, those are the only other wildcard teams that we have played.I guess the bottom line is that we just have to win next week's game and take it from there...Another interesting thing that you noted, is that if Cigar Lovers wins, then they are in. How can this be if there are other wins in the wildcard? Cigar Lovers has the worst Division record of any of the wildcard teams, which IS the second tie breaker as per the Rules page. As an example, if Degenerates wins, and Cigar Lovers wins, then Degenerates have a 1-0 advantage in their series, plus the better division record. I don't think that we can say at this point that if Cigars wins, they are in.Damn, I'm just confusing myself. Either way, I think that since this is so confusing, playoff decisions are going to have to be laid out and shown why one team was in over another.EDIT: I just noticed Sleuthis' post about missing one. Still, if Bayside wins and Czars wins, we would still have the H2H advantage. OK, too much drinking, time to stop now.
Dont worry too much about this - it will be a lot easier next week. One reason this is so confusing right now is there are so many what ifs next week.After next week - no more what ifs - it will all be cut and dry, perhaps a little work to figure out but it will be there.
ELIMINATED CC RIDERSCC Riders - can force a playoff with a win AND Bayside, the Degenerates, Crunch bunch and the Czars all lose.
I like how we are both eliminated and barely alive. I am shocked that my win actually kept us alive, when I thought we were already dead. Thanks for the info though, this will definitely help me with my office pool picks next week.
So the first tie breaker is H2H record, so if 3 or 4 teams are tied does it go to aggregate H2H record against the other 3 teams, or does it go to the next tie breaker?
with multiple teams tied, we all are going to have tie breakers on eachother...the only way to avoid a round robin is if one team owns tie breakers on every other team they are tied with.(not going to happen)so its most probably going to come down to a round robin.

If Cigar Lovers win, we (bayside) win, the czars win, and all the other 7-7 teams lose...1. Cigar Lovers get the first wildcard2. Since it's tied for the second wildcard, would we get it because we have a 1-0 H2H record against the Czars?It seems to me that if only 2 teams are tied for a playoff spot it would go back to the original tie breaking procedures.

It's a little more complicated becuz if I win and Degenerates win, we'd have a playoff for the division. I f I win & Degenerates lose, I'd win the division. I'll let it work itself out next week. Of course, if Arenas beats me, I'm basically out.

If Czars beats me and Degens win, I guess I should root for Degens in the tiebreaker game if Bayside also wins. then I think there'd be a playoff cuz Czars would have HU over Arenas, Arenas over Bayside, and Bayside over Czars or something like that. I should just concentrate on winning tho would make things much simpler

If Czars beats me and Degens win, I guess I should root for Degens in the tiebreaker game if Bayside also wins. then I think there'd be a playoff cuz Czars would have HU over Arenas, Arenas over Bayside, and Bayside over Czars or something like thatIf Czars beats me and Degens win, I guess I should root for Degens in the tiebreaker game if Bayside also wins. then I think there'd be a playoff cuz Czars would have HU over Arenas, Arenas over Bayside, and Bayside over Czars or something like that. I should just concentrate on winning tho would make things much simpler
Just win baby!