Someone Please Call 911...

grammar2bd6.pngor at least given a fine... not exactly a misspelling, but definately a mistake...SEXY AND SMART, YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!
x22 has more looks than you have intellegence. I honestly cannot figure out how you recognize letters. Go kill yourself. The punctuation always goes in the quotation marks.

when you are correcting someone about grammar it's important to make sure you do not make mistakes yourself or else the comedy ensues.the correct spelling of definitely is here <===more important is to make sure you are actually correct. as someone pointed out punctuation goes inside the quotation marks. the only time it goes outside is if you are noting your source. this can be author, page, or even the name of book/articleie: "...and then the guy proved himself to be an idiot" (My Book 137).finally, it's the internet. grammar has no place here.

someone pointed out punctuation goes inside the quotation marks. the only time it goes outside is if you are noting your source. this can be author, page, or even the name of book/article
Actually, it's a matter of style. If I remember correctly, most British writers put the punctuation marks outside of the quotation marks unless they're included in the quote. That usage seems more logical and is my preference.
grammar2bd6.pngor at least given a fine... not exactly a misspelling, but definately a mistake...SEXY AND SMART, YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!
Are you kidding me? Puntuation goes inside Quotation marks......Wow...and you thought this was worth a new thread..please for the sake of all that is holy...GKYI
I miss the dancing lock, somebody... anybody...
Always ready to please....lockpz9.giflockpz9.giflockpz9.giflockpz9.gif
when you are correcting someone about grammar it's important to make sure you do not make mistakes yourself or else the comedy ensues.ie: "...and then the guy proved himself to be an idiot" (My Book 137).
You need e.g. here, not i.e. e.g. = exemplum gratia (for example) and i.e = id est (that is).
You need e.g. here, not i.e. e.g. = exemplum gratia (for example) and i.e = id est (that is).
yea i was wrong, but my most important point was this.this is the internet. grammar has no place here.
Actually, it's a matter of style. If I remember correctly, most British writers put the punctuation marks outside of the quotation marks unless they're included in the quote. That usage seems more logical and is my preference.
You are correct about it being a matter of style. MLA style (used in the US) has the rule that quotation goes inside the quotation marks in most cases.I have spoken to a few Briton's about this and they don't remember rules in the UK so that doesn't help. For some reason I want to know what UK does so I'll continue to look.